(Group Ritual- Sept 3) 🍵 Tea and Talk as a Coven

Warm greetings to all of you wonderful witches! :heart:

Thank you again to all those who were able to join in on last week’s Group Ritual- Tea and Talk as a Coven. Sharing a cup of tea and chatting is always a pleasure with you all! :hugs:

Once again, I am happy to invite you all to another tea time as a coven- a quiet meditative practice that anyone can do, and is open to all to join :raised_hands:

You are welcome to make your tea time ritual as elaborate or as simple as you like. After the ritual, you can keep your thoughts personal- but you are welcome to join the meditative and releasing practice of sharing your experience with your coven :heart_decoration:

[Picture from Pintrest]

~ September 3rd : Tea Time Together ~

When? Thursday, any time

What will you need? All you need is some tea leaves/bag (or coffee or juice if you prefer!) and a quiet place to relax

[Picture from Tiverton Public Library]

As always, find a quiet spot for yourself to begin the ritual :dove:

A few breaths from deep within you will help to slowly settle your mind and help you to relax :woman_in_lotus_position:

Begin the ritual by nurturing appreciation. Invite in gratitude, for although you may have many strifes and trouble- you also have many things to be thankful of! It is easy to lose sight of these things, but take the time now to be aware of the gifts you have in your life :open_hands: .

Perhaps you have family, friends, or loved ones that make you happy. Maybe there is a furry companion in your life. Look at the roof over your head, the nature around you. While it is true that there are many tragedies in the world- is there not also beauty too? :blossom:

If you struggle to find things to be grateful for- focus just on this moment. Look at what is here in front of you- you have hot water, a mug, the tea, a space you can sit in safely. And right now, this is everything you need for a moment of peace :coffee:

This moment and the things you have, your situation and your life- are all gifts. You have many blessings in your life, just as we as a coven are blessed to have you as one of us! :gift_heart:

When you feel gratitude welling up in your heart, you may choose to bless the gift of tea you have today. Here is a chant shared by @Francisco, originally from the book The Solitary Witch: The Ultimate Book of Shadows for the New Generation.

Enjoy the feeling of thankfulness as you sip your tea, and carry this positive energy with you throughout your day! :sun_with_face:

When you finish, consider composting or disposing of the remains (tea leaves or coffee grinds) in an earth-friendly way. Let them go back to nature and where they came from :deciduous_tree:

[Picture from StarTribune: How Cultures Around the World Show Gratitude in Their Ceremonies of Thanksgiving]

When your tea ritual is complete, come back to the forums and feel free to share whatever is on your mind :thought_balloon:

You are welcome to share pictures of your tea ritual as well as:

• What tea/coffee/beverage did you enjoy?

• What did you think about during your tea meditation?

• Did you have any realizations or interesting insights?

• How are you feeling today? Are you facing any challenges or excitements right now?

[Picture from Bexley Row Blog : Tea and Gratitude for Anxiety]

I hope this tea ritual brings you a moment of peace and shared support. Please know that you are not alone, you have a coven full of wonderful witches here happy to listen to your stories and share their support and love!

:sparkling_heart: There may be many miles between us, but physical distance disappears over a shared cup of tea! :sparkling_heart:

I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy! I look forward to sharing a quiet moment of connectedness and community with you at tea time on Thursday :coffee:

Blessed Be! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Looking forward to another tea time with some amazing people! I like the blessing you added fr @Francisco I plan on using it.

7 Likes

Definitely in! Love this moment with the group!

5 Likes

I love our tea times, I’m looking forward to it this week. Originally I was supposed to have an appointment over an hour away from my house, but because it wasn’t exactly what my Dr thought it was and I already have a regular Orthopedic Surgeon, it was canceled. With that being said, I am looking forward to having an early tea of Pomegranate and Raspberry. My daughter tried drinking tea to have a thing with me, but she was honest and said that tea isn’t her thing and she really doesn’t enjoy it. That leaves more for me! We will find something else I’m sure, we always do.

5 Likes

Hooray! I’m glad to hear you are excited too @Tamera, @christina4, and @krissie117! :hearts: And I agree- as soon as I saw the Gift chant I felt connected with the words :blush:. There’s so many treasures in the forums- every day I find new chants, spells, and interesting tidbits! My bookmarks are getting out of control :laughing:

5 Likes

@TheTravelWitch I don’t know how I forgot about the bookmark function but now that I have a renewed connection with it, every time I log in, there is something there for me to go back to and check out.

4 Likes

Haha, I just started using it too.

4 Likes

It seems that as soon as September hits everything is suddenly ~Pumpkin Spice~ :jack_o_lantern: :joy: Do any of you lovely witches like a good pumpkin spice snack- whether it’s tea, coffee, cakes, or other goodies? I know the media loves to suffocate customers with pumpkin spice everything this time of year, but I admit I absolutely love everything fall spicy flavored! :fallen_leaf:

For anyone who isn’t familiar with the pumpkin spice trend, here is a video from one of my favorite YouTube Channels “Peaceful Cuisine” on how to make a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte:

Their videos are therapeutic and meditative to watch- I love them! I’ll have to find some good quality milk and a decent blender first, but I hope that one of these tea rituals, I’ll be partaking with a pumpkin spice latte in hand! :coffee::jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

Oh, this is one of my favorite Youtube channels as well :heart_eyes: I found it a couple years ago when I was looking for vegan versions of Japanese dishes. One of my all-time favorite recipes is the one for the old fashioned donuts :yum: :cupcake:

5 Likes

I have only just recently started subscribing to YouTube channels for anything. My daughter however had my YouTube subscribed to all kinds of young girl things. I’m still finding them after I thought I had found them all and unsubscribed. I’m only subscribed to Woke Nation and a couple of witchy channels. I never would have thought to subscribe for recipes because I am a very print out or write it out person. I’m learning though and so far I am enjoying what I find or that gets recommended.

4 Likes

Ahhhhh I hadn’t seen this one!!! Ohhhh I’m drooling over the donuts :drooling_face: Their videos are so relaxing to watch- but I’m always hungry afterwards! :joy:

YouTube videos are great for finding new recipes- usually the measurements are written in the description or there’s a link to their blog post :+1:. To be honest, I usually watch YouTube cooking videos just for the fun of it- they can be so relaxing and meditative to watch! If I happen to find a good recipe, then that’s an exciting benefit :laughing:

4 Likes

Good morning, good morning~! :heart:

We’ve FINALLY got some beautiful sunshine to start the day here! :sun_with_face:

The sunlight really helps me to get up in the morning, so I popped out of bed and made myself a cup of Prince of Wales tea.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned Prince of Wales tea here yet- it’s not as common as other types, but the Twining’s blend is lovely. It’s a light, somewhat delicate black tea that goes best with a dab of honey :honey_pot:

My good start to the day was slightly dampened when I remember my doctor’s visit this afternoon :grimacing:. And as I started thinking about all the things that need to get done- work, cleaning, errands, shopping, etc- I could feel the anxiety begin to creep in :spider:

But I blessed my cup of tea and said the words of the Blessing a Gift chant and I took a good hard look at my situation. Yeah, things could be better. There are many problems and lots of things that need to be dealt with. But all in all, I’m actually very lucky? I have everything I need. I’m here, I’m alive, and I’m going to get through the day :sun_behind_small_cloud:

(Please ignore my filthy windows- it really is high time for a cleaning! :joy:)

I’m nervous about my doctor visit- even with all of the pandemic safety precautions here and the fact that it’s a small clinic (not a big hospital), I still get anxious about it. But it’s important to go. And I’m lucky to be able to go. Healthcare here is high quality, easily accessible, and most of it- very, very inexpensive. I’m lucky to be here, close to my partner, and able to experience the gift of good healthcare. It may not be fun, but it is indeed a blessing :pray:

I plan to continue my day with gratitude in my heart- cheers to hoping I have a good appointment and will manage to get everything done today! :laughing:

:sparkling_heart: Sending big hugs to all of you wonderful witches!!! :sparkling_heart:

I hope you all have a blessed tea time- sending love and light!

7 Likes

Will be dropping in with a relaxing cup of tea after interview number 3- wish me luck :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I usually go to Pinterest for recipes, but I am going to poke around YouTube today on my designated day off to recharge. I will let you know if I find anything of interest!

4 Likes

@TheTravelWitch I hope your appointment goes well, it may help to take a few mindful deep breaths throughout the day and remember to take a break between so you don’t start feeling overwhelmed or rushed. I haven’t made it past coffee yet, so I will be back later with a new tea that I received in my Tamed Wild box that I got the other day. I love the items that came in there. I have a crystal grid mat with a book about crystal gridding, some rose quartz crystals and a labradorite point. I also made a depression pouch last night that I am carrying with me today. Even though I am feeling better, I want to be on the safe side that I don’t take a step backward and feel the background depression again today.

4 Likes

Enjoyed my morning cup of coffee with you lovely people

6 Likes

Cheers Brianna! May your appointment be well, my thoughts are with you! I’ve been to an appointment recently. I was nervous and my anxiety was through the roof. As long as you wash your hands an wear a mask, you’ll be fine. I brought a little bottle of hand sanitizer with me.

5 Likes

I’m with you on that! I had coffee this time. :coffee: Cheers everyone! :beers:

4 Likes

Good luck with your interview! :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

I have seen ads about that Subscription box. Do you love it? Have you tried others? Is it expensive? Ha! Loads of questions.

3 Likes