Hair Charms are in Today

Hi! Today I put 4 braids in my hair with charms hanging from them. A rose quartz pendant, a sea turtle (I’m supposed to slow down and learn to accept limitations. My friend told me the sea turtle is now my spirit animal), a pentacle, and a charm that says, Do all things with love. Im going to add more, but right now my arms and hands are tired.

I added an amethyst pendant and a triquetra charm too! I dont have a picture of those yet.

5 Likes

5 Likes

very cute @Susurrus

3 Likes

Thank you @Katt I have more charms, but I wanted to show how I wore them. I don’t know if I will get to putting any more in, my hair is going to be done soon and I will have to take them out & redo them again.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! It looks so nice in your hair! And I love your tattoo :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@christina4 thank you! I didn’t even think to post a picture of the whole tattoo. Lol… I’m going to get a harmony ball or 2 to put in after my hair is done. My hairdresser is getting different shades of blue to put in my hair instead of the one shade.

3 Likes

:100: :facepunch: @Susurrus that looks amazing! Love the back tat as well! You did an amazing job on the charms, and the sea turtle as your spirit animal!

4 Likes

Thank you! Once I have my hair done again I will put more in there.

3 Likes

Awesome @Susurrus! What are you doing with your hair when you get it done later on?

4 Likes

Thank you! My hairdresser is going to be putting more shades of blue in my hair and then she cuts the ends and layers the front for me. My grays are showing and the blue is fading in some spots, so it just needs to be touched up and trimmed. Then I can put more across the back. I think I am only going to put the clear quartz in my hair next time and leave the other 2 as necklaces. I don’t want to have too many crystals if I decide to put on earrings or other jewelry.

4 Likes

Sounds great! Very unique. I always wanted to have purple hair but my natural hair color doesn’t take to coloring well. I have a real pretty shade of auburn.

3 Likes

Your braids and charms look amazing, @Susurrus!!! :heart_eyes: I love the diversity- how each strand has a unique and different charm. And all of them have such wonderful meanings and powers to them! :turtle::gem::sparkling_heart:

It sounds like you already have beautiful hair, @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: No need to change it! If you ever want a little color, many places sell colored hair additions (clip-on). You can add a braid or two, or use one of the bigger clips to add a color layer under your hair! I used to use a lot of wigs and hair additions for costuming. They tend to blend quite well and add a lot of fun colors that you can change everyday :rainbow::grin:

928b79593196cb16b8fb0cfb3855342b
[Pic from Pintrest]

3 Likes

@Amethyst before my hair was blue, I used a nice auburn color in it. I have had to color my hair since I was 17 when I started going gray. This year I decided that I wanted a bright color. Las ttime we put in blues and purples, this time we are just doing the different shades of blue. It’s a lot of fun and I never thought I would have such vibrant colors, but it was nothing a little highlights couldn’t fix!

4 Likes

@BryWisteria thank you so much, I have seen the hair clips before, I’m just no good with putting things like that in my hair and I’m happy with having it dyed. I have seen some beautiful wigs though!

Once my hair is done I will have more charms, I am going to get a harmony ball or two to put in there as well. I like the sounds that come from them.

2 Likes

@BryWisteria, the problem is I keep my hair short. Well, not right now, it’s growing out thanks to COVID. But it’s driving me nuts, I hate the feeling of hair on my neck.

@Susurrus it sounds like you’ve got a good plan. You’ll have to post us some pictures when it’s done!

3 Likes

Once I get my hair done and all of the charms in, I will post an updated picture. I’m looking forward to getting the harmony balls in there too. Everyone around here says I need a bell. Lol

3 Likes

@Susurrus I look forward to seeing it.

2 Likes

Ahh, I know the feeling! There’s that strange in-between length when it’s no longer short, but not long enough to tie up in a ponytail- I hate that tickly feeling too! :confounded:

I got tired of my hair growth a few weeks back and decided to take matters into my own hands :scissors: :see_no_evil: My new hairdo is nowhere near straight, but luckily I have just enough of a wave in my hair that the ends aren’t noticeable! :joy:

I hope you can find a way to get your hair back to how you like it soon, @Amethyst! :two_hearts:

Yes, yes, yes! :laughing: Go for the bell, @Susurrus! :bell: Good luck with the new hair styling and getting the rest of the charms in- I also can’t wait to see the updates! Have fun with it! :blush::hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m going to order the harmony bell today! It has the moon and stars on it! I love mixing and matching the charms. I have a bracelet with charms on it that will be taken apart so they can be in my hair.

2 Likes

See, I’m just not that brave. I’d end up poking something important with the scissors.

I am thinking about braving the beauty salon next month and getting a hair cut. I usually wear it really short, now I’m having to hold my hair back with a headband or else it gets in my face. Not fun.

2 Likes