Ham with Pineapple Salsa :pineapple:

Ingredients:

1 can (8 ounces) of crushed pineapple, drained
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
2 teaspoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (1-1/2 pounds)

Directions:

Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients.

Place ham steak on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 140°. Cut ham into serving-size pieces. Serve with pineapple salsa.

Peppers (Hot)
Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn the skin. Avoid touching your face.

Nutritional Facts:

1 serving: 228 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1366mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.

Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.

8 Likes

This sounds very intriguing :thinking: we haven’t had ham steak in a while & this seems fitting for the season! My family likes spicier things too!

5 Likes

Oh yum but now you’ve got me thinking about a pineapple bread stuffing from when I was a kid and now I have to go on an internet hunt for the recipe :laughing:

6 Likes

Oh, if you find it share it. That sounds interesting!

6 Likes

I’ve never actually had it as a stuffing, it’s so good hot or cold and really good with vanilla ice cream on top

6 Likes

I have never heard of Pineapple Salsa! This Sunday is Easter or Ostara 2.0 as I like to call it, so maybe I’ll suggest to my mom she make our ham with pineapple salsa.

7 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst :pray: I love the Mango Salsa recipe, but I might have to substitute a milder pepper :hot_pepper: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:
Big hugs :people_hugging:

5 Likes

You can always make it as an extra, @Kasandra.

Go for it with a milder pepper, @marsha! I hope that works for you!

6 Likes

This sounds like Hawaiian pizza- but as a salsa! :star_struck:

I know ham and pineapple isn’t everyone’s favorite combo (my partner thinks Hawaiian pizza is disgusting haha) but I’m a fan- I bet I’d like the salsa too! :yum:

Thanks for the recipe, @Amethyst- you always find fun and creative ones! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Okay am I really the only one who uses pineapple salsa? I grab a jar if I want a quick chips and salsa. The pineapple takes away a little of the bite of the spicy. Even my Nothing Spicier than Ketchup son will have a little
@BryWisteria anyone who doesn’t like Hawaiian pizza isn’t human :rofl: Unfortunately there isn’t anywhere around here anymore that makes it the right way. Everything around here is Canadian Bacon with extra pineapple and that’s it

5 Likes

You’re welcome Bry! I wanted something for Easter without being too Easter, if you know what I mean.

5 Likes

Hahaha I’m a fan of it too- but I’ve learned to be cautious when discussing it in Europe lol! Polish people seem to think it’s a made-up American joke (several people have been shocked when I told them it’s a real thing :joy:) and I wish good luck to anyone who attempts to discuss pizza with Italians in Italy :pizza: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:- I got a lecture anytime I wanted an authentic margherita pizza! (my Italian host would say: “no, no! That is the pizza of sadness” :joy:)

:hugs::two_hearts:

5 Likes

The pizza of sadness. LOL!

4 Likes

I guess he thought so because it’s such a simple pizza- but I love it, it sure made me happy! :pizza: :laughing:

To each their own, I suppose! :wink:

4 Likes