Has anyone gone to a Witchy Historical place yet?

Hi I am a new witch and I really want to travel and I’m not sure where I want to travel yet but, I want to travel. I want to travel to learn more about witchcraft! I was actually thinking of going to Salem. Does anyone have any experiences that you want to share or places that you’ve gone? Or just Places you’re thinking of going or places in general?

7 Likes

Great topic!! Brianna, aka @BryWisteria recently shared a lot of useful information about Salem with her personal take, since she grew up in New England. You can read it here: A Town of Witches ✨

Being from South America, the most interesting places I’ve been were up in the Andes. I visited the witches’ markets in La Paz, Bolivia. They also have them in Lima. There’s a lot to see but most people go there to buy traditional folk cures for different ailments.

Someone made a video of the place I went. They have potions and plants, and even dried llama fetuses that people bury under their homes as offerings to Pachamama!

7 Likes

Francisco, Witchcraft is all over the world :earth_americas:
Looks like the the travel witch takes after her name aka Briana! I really enjoyed her article she made. It was very informative and gives me aspirations to travel!
I looked up Andes looks like it has lot of Mountains! Witches are very walks of life! In La Paz Bolivia is a really beautiful place! My uncle has a place in Peru and my teacher lived in Chile! She says I can go to her apartment anytime!La Paz Bolivia would be an amazing place to go! Most interesting “The Witch Market” information & how one uses llamas are used for an offering! The offering is for good luck :four_leaf_clover: for constructing a home and one might offer it to Mother Earth. :+1::+1:Thanks so much! I am very happy :smiley: to hear this is somewhere to go someday! I don’t know right know if I would go but maybe later! When Covid is no more.
I can’t wait to shop and I anticipate :wink: Good luck!
Blessed Be

6 Likes

You are very kind, @Jeannie1- I’m so happy you enjoyed the post about Salem and I really hope you can make it there someday! It is a wonderful spot :blush:

It sounds like you have been doing research and finding a lot of exciting places - the “Witch Market” sounds amazing, I’d also love to go someday! :heart_eyes:

Here are a few other interesting spots for witchy excitement and pagan attractions around the world:

I love your passion for travel, Val, and I’m also hoping the pandemic comes to end soon so explorers like us can experience the many joys of the world! :world_map::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

If I won the lottery I’d love to go to Glastonbury and go to Glastonbury Tor. I’ve always wanted to see the place since I read The Mists of Avalon and I’ve heard there are lots of witchy shops and bookstores to go shopping in. It sounds like fun.

4 Likes

Ohhh I hadn’t heard of Glastonbury Tor- did a quick search and found the official website:

20151021 Glastonbury Tor Jim Elliott
National Trust: The History of Glastonbury Tor

The site says that Glastonbury Tor is celebrated in pagan beliefs and has been a very special location with a lot of spiritual importance for over 1000 years! :star_struck:

This one is definitely going on the travel bucket list :clap::grin: Thanks for sharing, @Amethyst!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! It’s thought to be the gateway to Avalon. I can just imagine seeing the mists and the Tor and feeling that magic, it must be wonderful!

2 Likes

I never knew where I wanted to travel but now I am going to have a list of places to go!

2 Likes

I tried to look at the site but The site was up for repair I’ll try later

3 Likes

Hooray, @Jeannie1! The world has so many amazing treasures just waiting for you to discover them- may your travel list grow ever longer, and may you be able to see all the places you dream of! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::world_map:

Ahh, it does look like the Glastonbury Tor official site is down for maintenance right now (“Oh deer” :deer::laughing:). There’s a good write-up with nice pictures on the site Unity Through Diversity- you can see their post about Pilgrimage in Glastonbury! :+1:

5 Likes

I went to Salem, MA the last weekend and had a lot of fun and learned some things about the witch trials. We went to the Witches Dungeon and walked around. There were droves of people everywhere. They block off downtown and it’s just people. I had actually gone and then found out that another friend of mine was there with her daughter on the same day and we had completely missed each other. It was a good place to walk around and see the old buildings and streets. You could feel the history there.

4 Likes

I’ve been here loads of times and even visited the shop… of course this was before I knew anything about Witchcraft so I didn’t appreciate it anywhere near as much as I would now :sweat_smile:
Burley is such a beautiful place, I’d love to go back :hearts:

5 Likes

Sounds like an interesting place. I bet you could get into all sorts of fun now that you know about the Craft!

4 Likes

Wow, I imagine Salem during October was wild, @Susurrus! Hope you and your daughter had a fun time :grin::jack_o_lantern:

I hadn’t heard of The New Forest or Burley before, @Limeberry- but it is definitely on the to-visit list now! It sounds both beautiful and fun to explore :star_struck:

4 Likes

I would definitely like to go there sometime! Wow, maybe I will have to plan a trip once this year is over and everything has been put where it needs to be in my life. It seem like a good October trip, but I wouldn’t mind going in the Spring or Summer too.

3 Likes

How fun! Glad you had a good time, with your friends too!!

3 Likes

Thank you! It was busy when we went, just droves of people. It was fun though. I had a really good time.

3 Likes

I have been to Salem in the past. It was a great time.

4 Likes

Emberlore I’ve been busy taking care of kids and going to school. I have not been able to travel much! I went to Arizona once that was interesting! I went to the desserts and is real hot . I’m glad you had a experience! Life is about experiencing new things and places! I really can’t wait to get away and explore places like Salem!
Blessed be
Jeannie

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed Salem, @emberlore! It is a fun place :grin: Although I heard they just decided to close the town- no Halloween there this year, unfortunately :cry:

I hope you can visit all the places on your wishlist, @Jeannie1! Including visiting Salem in October… just sometime in the future :laughing: :+1:

2 Likes