Has August Changed? 🍂 Collective Reading Touch Base 2021

It’s just about August and time to revist our collective reading. It’s crazy to think that we’re already halfway done with 2021 and we don’t seem to be any closer to closure on…a lot of things. Anyway, this touch base is just to see if anything has changed, shifted, and come to light from the Collective Reading 2021 :flower_playing_cards:. Sometimes things move around and we need to be aware of them going into the next month.

Let’s look back at July and see if my Has July Changed? :partying_face: Collective Reading Touch Base was of any help.

The collective reading for July saw us looking at the Ace of Pentacles Reversed. This was calling to us that things were going to go missing, future planning would be put on hold, and opportunities would be missed. Here is exactly what I wrote for the collective reading…

I’m inclined to think we may see an increase in the total number of unemployed this month due to circumstances that may have been hidden in The Moon.

And you know what, let’s look at some statistics real quick just because I’m curious. (Note: This is not a political post nor a post to debate these statistics. This is just statistics for the sake of showing how my reading did or did not play out.)

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics at the US Department of Labor, the national unemployment rate for June was 5.9% (source). I don’t have any final numbers for July, so I can’t see exactly what that rate is. However, it’s also interesting to note that in July, we have seen an enormous spike in Covid cases due to the pandemic. As soon as information is released about July’s unemployment rate (scheduled to be released on August 6th) I’ll come back to this post and make a note.

How do you feel about the July touch base reading? Did it make sense for you? I know there are many people here from all over the world and I have a limited perspective here in Florida, USA. I’d love to hear your opinions!

:fallen_leaf: This month, we’re looking at August. :fallen_leaf:

As a reminder, this is the card I pulled for August in the collective reading.

August 2021: The Four of Wands

Joy and celebration will be abundant in August. The Four of Wands points to celebration, happiness, joy, and jubilation. Something great will happen that warrants celebration from all walks of life. After the secrecy and sadness of June and July, I can’t even begin to speculate what this may mean. I’m hopeful that this could point to widespread vaccine use or a full month with no deaths due to COVID.

Looking at this card, I pulled three more cards to reflect on and give us a glimpse into the month.

Robert Hanson Deck

:crossed_swords: Ace of Swords → The most profound card when it comes to intellectual breakthroughs, the Ace of Swords comes to cut through the clutter of our minds and thoughts. It is not a card of action, though, just one of bursts of inspiration. Hopefully this points to new projects and breakthroughs in everyone’s lives.

:cup_with_straw: Ace of Cups Reversed → Repressed emotions are everywhere and things will continue to be pushed to the side or buried. This is an interesting card to pull with the overall theme of joy and celebration. It reminds me a bit of toxic positivity or only focusing on the light or good parts of our lives while ignoring the bad.

:crown: Queen of Cups Reversed → Again, another cup card reversed, emotions just aren’t there for everyone. This could also play a large role in how we perceive our intuition, too. The Queen of Cups reversed is very selfish and focused on how the individual feels. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing but, with overuse, it can become an issue for the wider population.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Father of Pentacles, Reversed

• obsession with gaining wealth, money, or status
  • having money and blowing through it quickly

:star: Goals of 2021: The Son of Wands

• fighting for equitable change
  • inspired action fueled by passion and inspiration

:star: Obstacles of 2021: The Empress

• too much of a good thing can turn those good things bad
  • an over-abundance of all things that help people grow

Putting it together…

I feel like there will be some cause to celebrate but it will be overblown, if that makes sense. Something small will happen that has a large affect on a lot of people and so they want to celebrate. However, those that are throwing everything into the celebrations may be doing so at their own detriment with a lack of emotional maturity. Digging into ourselves and being reflective on our thoughts, ideas, and views may be necessary this month to not fall into a toxic cycle of emotional repressing.

What do you think? Do you have any insight to share for July and how this reading affected your life? If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find a spread I created over on my website.

9 Likes

My celebration is that my baby sister is due to have her baby at any moment! :baby::baby_bottle:
The part about emotional repression, I’ve had a lifelong issue with my sister but recently we’ve been working it out. Thank you so much for this opportunity to reflect!

3 Likes

That is quite a celebration! :partying_face: I’m also happy you and your sister are working on things. That’s so good to hear!

3 Likes

It looks like August will be a “think before you leap” type of month when it comes to decision making- I’ll be sure to keep this is mind! :pray: Thanks so much for your readings Megan, they are always loaded with valuable advice and guidance! :heart:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! It does appear to be more of a month of introspection. Hopefully it all has good outcomes!

2 Likes