Has May Changed? 🌺 Collective Reading Touchbase

April is almost over and now we’re going to look forward into May! This touch base is just to see if anything has changed, shifted, and come to light from the Collective Reading for 2021. Sometimes things move around and we need to be aware of them going into the next month.

Let’s look back at April and see if my Has April Changed? :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: Collective Reading Touchbase was of any help.

The collective reading saw April looking at the The Ten of Wands, carrying burdens that aren’t just our own, and the completion of a cycle of worries. For the touch-base reading, I pulled the The Reversed Six of Swords, The Wheel of Fortune Reversed, and The Reversed Eight of Rods – all cards that pointed to resisting a change that was coming and needing to slow down before proceeding with plans.

This month sort of flew by and I honestly am blown away by the fact that it’s almost May already. As for the reading, I don’t know what change was being resisted. I know there is a lot going on in the world as a whole and people are resisting the ever-changing guidelines from the CDC and the World Health Organization. Other than that, the speed at which April flew by has me looking at the month through blurred memories, faint ideas, and a whole lot of head-scratching.

:hibiscus: This month, we’re looking at May. :hibiscus:

As a reminder, this is the card I pulled for May.

May 2021: The Two of Pentacles Reversed

The butterfly in the Two of Pentacles Reversed hangs upside down. This card calls on us to get our priorities straight. There may be something going on in May that causes a lot of disorganization and hyperfocus in one area. We will need to think about what is important to us and how it affects our lives as well as the lives of those around us. Since pentacles involve wealth, stability, and the material world, I imagine this may involve a larger focus on the redistribution of wealth in the world. It may mean that we are focusing too much on who has an overabundance while ignoring that the overabundance of others has real-world effects on those in poverty.

Looking at this card, I pulled three more cards to give us a glimpse into the :crystal_ball: future.

:cup_with_straw: Three of Cups Reversed → Three women are pictured in this card, coming together in a circle and each holding a golden cup. The Three of Cups shows up when we are needing to disengage from those around us. It calls for us to rest away from the noise of the world and even those closest to us. It can also be a sign that we’re trying to fill a void by overindulgence in parties and gatherings.

:chopsticks: Eight of Rods → Another card of change, the Eight of Rods shows up eight rods pointing to the right, the direction of the future. The water in the background is symbolic of fluidity and the change that’s coming. It will be quick and may involve travel.

:star: Five of Pentacles Reversed → Two poverty-stricken folx appear in this card. One has a crutch and a bandage and the other is wrapped in a tattered blanket. The Five of Pentacles points to spiritual loss and poverty. Whatever spiritual steps are being taken this month, we all will feel them lacking. It may even feel like the Gods have abandoned us at times.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Father of Pentacles, Reversed

• obsession with gaining wealth, money, or status
  • having money and blowing through it quickly

:star: Goals of 2021: The Son of Wands

• fighting for equitable change
  • inspired action fueled by passion and inspiration

:star: Obstacles of 2021: The Empress

• too much of a good thing can turn those good things bad
  • an over-abundance of all things that help people grow

Putting it together…

I feel like the card for May is still going to be the main focus. There is a disparity and those who experience poverty tend to be ignored. A lot is going to happen in May that involves our individual actions and how our lives can quickly change. It may even be a reminder that those at the top who tend to ignore those on the bottom can fall from grace very hard and very fast.

Again, another month of collective breath-holding.

Do you have any insight to share for April and how this reading affected your life? As I said, it sort of blurred by for me. I lost my cat, things have been moving fairly quickly, and days just sort of run together. I’d love to hear how it has affected you!

9 Likes

Goodness gracious, cheers to that! I cannot believe it’s already May- where did April go? :face_with_monocle:

I love reading your interpretations of the cards, Megan! :heart: It looks like theme is right on this month, especially considering how the pandemic has struck communities around the world. It seems like the gap between the poor and the wealthy continues to grow at an alarming rate.

In my personal life, I’ll take this reading as a tip to try and be extra aware of material and monetary inequalities this month.

Thanks so much for this tarot reading break-down! :+1:

4 Likes

I agree, April was a whirlwind but I am looking forward to May coming to join us. I will be patient with myself & watch my monetary statuses. I have a couple of things that I am saving for coming up & I’m trying to get everything where it needs to be.

Thank you!

4 Likes

You’re welcome :hugs: And it is absolutely astounding that it’s already May :sweat_smile: I’m hoping that the this month sees us through to better days, though. I honestly have to go back and read the collective reading again just to refresh my memory.

That sounds like a good plan :moneybag:

4 Likes