Has September Changed? ⭐ Collective Reading Touch Base 2021

I feel like every month I do one of these, I always say how fast the time has moved and that it just disappeared on me. This month has been no different. Everything is just everywhere right now and a lot of life situations are still up in the air for a lot of people. Let’s look back at the Collective Reading 2021 :flower_playing_cards: and see if there are new things coming to light for September. Sometimes things move around and we need to be aware of them going into the next month.

Let’s look back at August and see if my Has August Changed? :fallen_leaf: Collective Reading Touch Base was of any help.

The collective reading for August saw us looking at the Four of Wands. This is a card that pointed to a lot of joy and abundance for the month of August.

Joy and celebration will be abundant in August. The Four of Wands points to celebration, happiness, joy, and jubilation. Something great will happen that warrants celebration from all walks of life. After the secrecy and sadness of June and July, I can’t even begin to speculate what this may mean. I’m hopeful that this could point to widespread vaccine use or a full month with no deaths due to COVID.

You know, not one thing comes to my mind with this particular reading. The August touch base saw us maybe overblowing the celebration or throwing ourselves too big of a party, so to speak, and not really paying attention to the larger picture. The touch base for August was put together as such…

I feel like there will be some cause to celebrate but it will be overblown, if that makes sense. Something small will happen that has a large affect on a lot of people and so they want to celebrate. However, those that are throwing everything into the celebrations may be doing so at their own detriment with a lack of emotional maturity. Digging into ourselves and being reflective on our thoughts, ideas, and views may be necessary this month to not fall into a toxic cycle of emotional repressing.

I feel like the only thing that is cause for celebration from my perspective is the wonderful news shared by @praecog29 and @Abs53 :revolving_hearts:

How do you feel about the August touch base reading? Did it make sense for you? I know there are many people here from all over the world and I have a limited perspective here in Florida, USA. I’d love to hear your opinions!

:star: This month, we’re looking at September :star:

As a reminder, this is the card I pulled for September in the collective reading.

September: The Mother of Swords Reversed

Emotions will cloud judgment this month. To what end? I don’t know. When emotions weigh heavily this month, perceptions could be distorted and it can create a path for poor decisions to be made. We must remember to lead with our heads and be rational while keeping our emotions from taking over.

Looking at this card, I pulled three more cards to reflect on and give us a glimpse into the month.

Robert Hanson Deck

:chopsticks: Three of Rods Reversed :: → We still have a long way to go before we can reach the horizon. This month will see us looking at delays, though they will be ones that could have been avoided. Whatever will happen this month may be caused by a lack of planning and foresight. If we embarked on a journey, we didn’t play well for the adventure.

:cup_with_straw: Ten of Cups Reversed :: → Upright, this card is the picture perfect happy family. Reversed, it points to a lot of contention with those we hold dear. We may be letting our emotions get the best of us, no matter the situation or what side of the issue you stand on. Instead of letting our cups overflow with joy and happiness at being together, we instead may find ourselves at each others’ throats with more fighting and bickering than normal.

:cup_with_straw: Seven of Cups Reversed :: → We may find ourselves presented with more choices than we know what to do with this month. The more choices there are, the more chance there is for us to get overwhelmed and freeze instead of act. In order to make the best choice, you’ll need to find out what you want and not let yourself get caught up in the illusion of the masses or fall into any people-pleasing habits you may have.

Just as a reminder…

:star: The Card of the Year: The Father of Pentacles, Reversed

• obsession with gaining wealth, money, or status
  • having money and blowing through it quickly

:star: Goals of 2021: The Son of Wands

• fighting for equitable change
  • inspired action fueled by passion and inspiration

:star: Obstacles of 2021: The Empress

• too much of a good thing can turn those good things bad
  • an over-abundance of all things that help people grow

Putting it together…

All the cards I pulled for clarification were reversed. For me, this points to a lot of blockages and general chaos happening. Two of the cards were cups, further playing on the original card of the Mother of Swords who usually lets her logical and emotional maturity lead. However, everyone is capable of letting their emotions get the better of them. When faced with a lot of choices and difficult people or situations in their lives, it is easy to fall into the trap of making choices that make others happy. I’m not too sure how this is going to play out for the rest of the month where you are, but I’m not really looking forward to the emotional chaos that might present itself this month.

What do you think? Do you have any insight to share for August and how this reading affected your life? If you want to do your own reading for the new month, you can find a spread I created over on my website.

8 Likes

Oh dear- I sure hope this will somehow present itself with a positive spin! :sweat_smile: It looks like the cards are calling for a rather chaotic and disorganized September. If that’s whats meant to come, okay, but hopefully it will clear the way for some happy things and good moments as well! :pray:

Thanks for these readings and touch bases, @MeganB- they are always very interesting and insightful to read! :heart:

4 Likes

You’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m really hoping that the chaos isn’t too bad because I already feel like we’re just skating through the year from one month to the next lol

3 Likes

Thank you for this post, these are always interesting!
Skating through the year, month to month, is such an apt way to put how 2021 has felt for me. Somehow it’s comforting to have someone else put words to it!

3 Likes