Have you heard of the Black Moon?

Have you heard of the Black Moon before? (not Black Moon Lilith). It is when 2 new moons occur in the same month. There will be one on April 30, 2022.

From Accuweather:

The third big astronomical event of the year is the only one that cannot be seen, even with the help of a telescope. The term ‘blue moon’ has become popularized in recent years to describe the second full moon in a calendar month, even though the moon does not turn blue in color.

Apri 30’s ‘black moon’ is the counterpart to the blue moon, used to describe the second new moon of the month. New moons cannot be observed, as it is the time when the illuminated side of the moon is facing away from the Earth.

Although the black moon cannot be spotted in the sky, this is a good time of the month for stargazing as there is no natural light pollution from the moon, giving skywatchers darker views of the cosmos.

12 Likes

I haven’t heard of it, but I am excited for it now!

7 Likes

I’ve been working on marking moon phases for my 2022 calendar and I have 2 in January, the 2nd and the 31st. I also have 2 in March, on the 2nd and 31st; but not in April. The site I get my info from is calendar-365.com I’m not sure how much time zones affect this though.

Also the full moons in June and July are super moons; meaning the moon is full when it is closest to the earth.
The new moon today and in December are also super moons.

7 Likes

Yes the next Black Moon is in April and it a powerful time for a witch. Well all moon phases are powerful but this is a time for more potent and powerful magical rituals. It is a New Moon intensified.https://www.calendar-12.com/moon_phases/2022

6 Likes

Oh my goodness …I have to check that out. Thank you

6 Likes

Huh. I did not know that. Thanks for the info @mary25!

4 Likes

This is really exciting - Also plenty of time to plan something really cool to celebrate! Good one @mary25

5 Likes

Oh, I am excited to hear that. I love special days :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is really interesting to hear about the Black Moon- and how cool that it will happen on Walpurgis Night (aka “Halloween in April”) :jack_o_lantern:

It sounds like this occasion could make for some very interesting spellwork possibilities- great to have so much time to plan! :blush: Thank you so much for the heads up, @mary25! :heart:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.