Healing a broken heart

Can you please help me healing a broken heart?
My mood is really low these days… Send me some positive vibes!

Blessed be.

Nuria.

12 Likes

Hello and nice to meet you @nuria ,

I’m called as either Anne or Margaret here by everyone else, a Filipino Pagan who is still studying how to become a Babaylan (healer) of my country, college student, online player or maker of games, and the rest are in my profile. I’m not sure about how light spells for emotional aches works but this link may hopefully help you;

Blessed Be and Hopefully you’ll feel lighter,
Margaret

12 Likes

Hi @nuria! Here’s a spell that’s supposed to open roads for a new love to be found. ‘Fire Flowers’: A Wiccan Spell to Open Roads to Love. Maybe that will help you out.

If that’s what you need, I’ll be sending you some good thoughts too! If you want to talk about it, do. We’re here for you whatever you need!

Sending you love and light! :purple_heart: :candle:

11 Likes

Sending as we speak.

9 Likes

It was time that healed my broken heart but then I wasn’t a witch when my heart was broken :heart: A self love spell might also help you fill your heart with love or yourself instead there’s some good ones on the Spells8 Website you can try :heart: Sending Love and Light your way :heart:

11 Likes

Greetings my Sister of the Coven, I am sorry to hear your heart is in pain. A broken heart is never pleasant, but remember broken does not mean shattered so in time things will heal. I will light a candle for you during ritual today to hopefully ease some of the pain you are going through. I also send you energy of hope and courage in hopes it will ease your pain.
I would also suggest that you turn to music to help find comfort. I came across this song over the last year and when I find myself in darkness I like to play it. It is also a song that I have dedicated to my mother, as she is older and has health issues, and she has not been the same since my brother and stepdad passed away. I hope this brings you some comfort as well.
The song is called Carry You by Ruelle (featuring Fleurie). Below is the link, not quite sure how to imbed it in the message without leaving the site, but I encourage you to listen to it.

Carry You

Blessed be.

10 Likes

My heart is with you so strongly today and in this message. :raised_hands: Remember that the heart of your heart is not broken.

Just like the wheel of the year, everything happens in cycles. What hurts today is the fresh soil for the next flower that will grow. Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on.

13 Likes

Warm greetings, @nuria- sending big hugs and lots of love in your time of sadness. A whole heart can make us feel as light as a feather, but a broken heart is a very heavy weight indeed. I’ve been there myself before and I know how hard it can be :cry:

It may be hard to see out of the darkness, but know that there is still light out there, and it is waiting for you to return. Sometimes a healing heart is a chance for a fresh new start :sun_behind_small_cloud:

Others have mentioned the importance of time and you are definitely on the right path looking for sources of comfort and ways to nurture self love. Adding to the wonderful resources shared by others, I’d recommend this Sugar Jar Love Spell:

Easy-Love-Jar-Spell-Witchcraft

Keep the jar close by and whenever you are feeling down, hold it in your hands and remember that you are nurturing and growing new love, and that everything will be okay :heart: :rose:

Blessed be :hugs:

10 Likes

Thank you @Francisco , I likely needed to hear that, I just realized now how different the philosophy of fundamentalist Christianity from the Pagan mindset, and that the heavens may have other plans for me. I may have to give up the current relationship as part of the emotional initiation of becoming a Babaylan, after that it is up to the heavens whether I’ll ever end up falling in love ever again or if I am to remain single and adopts a child or two instead. This path is no joke, it’s a long one which test’s one’s resilience…if the partner I do have for now chooses to stay in the belief he’s raised to, I’ll respect it and let him be free from me for his sake too

Blessed Be to everyone else too,
Margaret

8 Likes

I needed to hear that today :heart:

7 Likes

Sometimes we are at the top of the wheel and sometimes we’re at the bottom. No matter what, the wheel continues to turn.

Stay blessed, Nuria! :sparkles:

6 Likes

I found an herbal remedy online.

Broken Heart Honey

Ingredients

Fresh lemon balm leaves
Fresh lavender flowers and leaves
Fresh orange peel
Raw, local honey

Directions

• Fill a clean Mason jar halfway with fresh herbs (use equal parts of each, or adjust amounts to taste), then cover the herbs with honey, filling the rest of the jar.

• Stir well (I use a chopstick or this) and cap tightly.

• Keep the jar in a warm place and turn it over once a day for a week (or more—taste it as you go!).

• Strain and store in a glass jar.

This Too Shall Pass

As profoundly painful as a broken heart can be, it can help to keep in mind that heartbreak is simply a part of the human experience. We will all have our hearts broken in some way, but we can remember that a broken heart is a temporary state. Herbs have been used for ages to ease us through the dark and painful passage of heartbreak and are a beautiful way to lift the spirits, calm the heart, and strengthen courage.

There are so many ways to use the herbs mentioned in this post (and other heart-loving herbs, like hawthorn and rose) to support a broken heart. How have you used herbs to help you through a broken heart—and what are some of your favorites?

REFERENCES

Culpeper, N. (n.d.). Culpeper’s complete herbal . London: W. Foulsham & Co.

Grieve, M. (1931. Republished 1971). A modern herbal (vols. 1-2). New York: Dover Publications.

Ngozi, A. (2012). Gladdening the heart: Historical perspectives. Journal of the American Herbalist Guild, 11 (1).

Phaneuf, H. (2005). Herbs demystified: a scientist explains how the most common herbal remedies really work . New York: Marlowe & Co.

Prater, A. (n.d.). The beauty of borage. Healthy beginnings . Retrieved on 02/06/17 from http://hbmag.com/the-beauty-of-borage/

Wilkinson, C.C. (1858). Weeds and wild flowers: Their uses, legends, and literature . London: John Vam Voorst.

ABOUT POST AUTHOR

Ayo Ngozi, M.S.

Ayo Ngozi is a community and clinical herbalist and educator based in New Bedford, MA. As an Herbal Academy team member she helped create course curriculum, wrote course lessons, and supported budding and advanced herbalists as part of the Education Department. In 2019 she founded The Creative Root to help people connect to their healing and creative birthrights.

RELATED ARTICLES

blessed be.
th

PS This recipe won’t heal your broken heart, time will take care of that sweet girl.
BUT from the ingredients it will sooth.

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing that recipe, @Garnet!!

On the topic of “this too shall pass”, I found a shop that sells the ring from the famous tale!

The ancient Jewish tale:

“King Solomon once searched for a cure against depression. He assembled his wise men together. They meditated for a long time and gave him the following advice: Make yourself a ring and have thereon engraved the words ‘This too will pass.’ The King carried out the advice. He had the ring made and wore it constantly. Every time he felt sad and depressed, he looked at the ring, whereon his mood would change and he would feel cheerful” -Israel Folklore Archive # 126

8 Likes

what a marvelous legend.

6 Likes

Sending you some extra tender love and care!
Bright blessings! This really spoke to me! I feel the same way sometimes but I am glad to be here as a friend sharing life with you! We’re only human and sometimes it’s just like we should have friends to pick us up when we feel overwhelmed. This is one of the reasons why I love our coven! It’s just sharing your thoughts and feelings and we just need one another to share human kindness!
Blessed be!:dizzy:
Jeannie

10 Likes

I am still healing from a broken heart from a relationship this past summer. Coming into the new summer I am seeing all of these reminders of what I had and lost. It’s hard. It’s really really hard. But your heart will mend. You will overcome this. And you have an online coven full of people that are here to support you. Sending you love and light!

If you would like, I can add you to the next energy exchange circle. I would love for the coven to be checking in on you over the next two weeks and for you to feel their love and power keeping you safe during this time in your life.

9 Likes

@praecog29 Yes please! Thank you!

8 Likes

I’m sorry you’re going through this pain right now, I want you try to take a moment after reading all these wonderful pieces of advice from everyone and really feel the love going your way. We’ve all got wounds in one way or another, and whilst they may not be the same, the pain itself unites us. Nature can seem cruel sometimes, but a loss for one can be an abundance for many. Come join the many and let us fill you with love :heartpulse:

5 Likes

I know this may be late, I know the pain you are having & just know that it will become easier. Not to echo everyone, but it will take time. Maybe journal a little bit to get the feelings out & know that we are here for you should you need to vent or just feel the love.

6 Likes

I still include you in my daily candle ritual, not to heal your broken heart, time heals all wounds, but to sooth the pain and sorrow. To gentle you hurt and anger. I wish you peace.

7 Likes