Hecate Is Going To Eat Your Face

I always feel guilty that I don’t feel called to Hecate like other witches. I think this is because so many just jumps on the Hecate bandwagon for the shock status. I wish I did feel called to Her though, She seems like a delightful Lady to follow.

13 Likes

That might be why I was. I wasn’t chasing her. (Oof, huge lesson in there)

9 Likes

This is just beautiful, and yes I know that may not make sense to say in response to your post, but I honor and respect Hecate as well. It was strange to me at first the pull I had to seek out every ounce of information about her so early in my craft path but it is one thing that I hold sacred.
I’ve read many things about her, some of which you mentioned but like you, my relationship with her bears no resemblance to the fear those words speak of. I agree with you about

Thank you for the wisdom.
Blessed Be

11 Likes

This was very craftfully written, @anon87969570- you have such a way with words, this piece pulled on heartstrings one line and then had me chuckling the next! A real delight to delight to read :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve always viewed the different bonds and perceptions people have with deities to be similar to how different students view a professor. My sister and I went to the same school- but a teacher that I remembered as being kind and helpful, my sister claims was cruel and unqualified. The very same teacher! :woman_teacher:

Based on a huge array of factors, I’ve found that two people can have extremely different interactions and opinions about the same person. And that’s just with a fellow human- the gap in perception becomes even greater when it comes to deities and higher powers. Doesn’t mean one is “right” and the other is “wrong”, simply that everyone has their own perception of the world and the many things in it.

This was great food for thought and a wonderful exploration of your bond with Hecate. May She continue to watch over you, Ron! Thank you so much for sharing- it really was a pleasure to read :blush::open_book:

13 Likes

I really liked how you wrote this!! It’s very creative and informative!! Thank you! Hecate is one of the first Goddesses that I worked with. And still do.

11 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience and your wisdom @anon87969570.

I agree with you and personally I think that we are here to heal past trauma, not to make it worse. Working with Hecate should be all about exploring our dark side and facing our fears. Hecate encourages to do it without fear of the process.

Some people think that scaring others is the way to teach but that’s not my cup of tea. Life is scary enough as it is.

15 Likes

Omg! @jessica72 I was given new keys for a new job as well… totally didn’t even make that connection. Praise Hecate. Some may remember that a few weeks ago I was drawing her sigil and making offerings for a court case. @anon87969570 you have given me some wonderful ideas as to how to continue to show my reverence.

Thank you both :heartpulse: blessed be!!

10 Likes

Blockquote
I feel she is teaching me and I can tell by your passion that you are very passionate about her! Thank you for your post I found it really impressive and I like how you used the power of 13 when drinking your coffee!
Blessed Be
Jeannie

11 Likes

Hi! I’m new here and am learning about Hecate because I would love to work with her. A while ago I was in another group and we were learning about a goddess every month and I was doing a guided meditation to The Morrigan and about 10 minutes in all I hear in my head is Hecate, Hecate, Hecate about 5 times throughout the whole meditation! I was just wondering your thoughts about this. Do you think she was calling out to me to work with her? I would love any suggestions you have and how to work with her. Thank you! Deidre

10 Likes

Hi and welcome! I think you will find that this is an open and welcoming space with very friendly people.

I have read that if you think Hecate is calling you, She probably is. It is best practice to note the kind and number of events that suggest to you that She is calling you. If there are repeated events, meditate and use some form of divination to verify.

As for working with Her, there are many ways to do so. Check out the Spells8 page about Hecate. She has many correspondences and epithets, so how you work with Her may depend on what your goals are. One of the best ways to start, in my opinion, is to read about Her. There is the Spells8 page, and articles all over the internet. Read from different sources, and compile the information that speaks to you in your BOS. There are videos as well that have good info. Researching Her is a way of beginning to work with her. As I suggested above, your relationship with Her will be unique to her. Some will caution you about Her, but they are speaking about their relationship. Also check out the Hecate’s Night post. Silverbear posted a video about Hecate Invocation that I found useful, and there are links from others as well. Here’s a link

I’m pretty sure that helping others learn about Hecate is scoring me some points! :rofl::rofl:

And if you ever need anything, or have any questions about anything, feel free to post on the forum. Someone will always try to help. Again, welcome, Merry Meet and Blessed Be!

9 Likes

Thank you so much! You have been very helpful :heart: I’m still trying to navigate Spells8 but I’m sure I’ll find what I’m looking for. Merry meet and blessed be to you also :purple_heart::black_heart:

8 Likes

Oh I forgot! There’s a link to the Spells8 Hecate page at the top of this thread! Click on “see here”

7 Likes

@deidre hello and welcome

8 Likes

@anon87969570 Thank you for sharing your story! I really enjoyed reading it. Hecate is a guiding light and fierce protector in my life also. I find her to be tolerant if I am sincere and to be kind and loving when she is respected. I am a better person because of her. Thanks again for sharing :black_heart: :old_key:
-much love and many blessings

10 Likes

Okay, here’s more great stuff about Hecate and the relationship people have with her. Feeling info-bombed yet? :grin: There is just so much great content here, don’t just listen to me!

Moonshadow’s Challenge Post

8 Likes

hello and welcome, I am so glad you are here. This is a safe place with friendly and sincere people who like to exchange their knowledge and help each other grow. there is an abundance of info on Spells8 that I have found to be valuable that is in a dialogue that I can understand and trust.
@deidre and @jessica72
I am by no means an expert on Hecate and would never dare to claim to be I suggest caution when using Google to find info. I have discovered that there is so much misinformation out there called “circular info” which is just a bunch of regurgitated stuff being told over and over again. I suggest going to sources to learn her love. There are different temples, groves, and circles dedicated to the Goddess Hecate. As a student of Hecate myself, I seek to honor her in ritual and prayer and like to work her will through art and creativity. Hecate calls me to see the power in me that comes from her(my soul). I strive to grow that power and knowledge to further honor her and take control of my life in her name to strengthen our relationship. I am always seeking to attain both balance and strength in her name.
I have learned that Hecate keeps a path lit for everyone but we alone choose the way, she does not choose it for us. In turn, we are all on our own path and each path is different due to our personal choices. When she answers my cries for help she reveals to me what is already there that I can not see. My journey with Hecate is my own personal relationship, There are so many different paths to divinity and we all have our own. So your way is the right way and my way is the right way. Most likely they are different and that is ok neither is wrong. Divinity is everywhere and everything is divine.
Here are some readings that I have found helpful in my studies:

• Hekate Soleira by: Sarah lles Johnson (a must-read for anyone who wants to learn about Hecate)
  • The Goddess Hekate by: Stephen Ronan (lots of great info and sources to verify it)
  • The temple of Hekate: Exploring the Goddess Hekate Through Ritual, Meditation, and Divination by: Tara Sanchez (lots of great exercises and info)
    I hope this helps in some way. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :old_key: :black_heart: blessed be
    -much love and many blessings
12 Likes

If there’s one that should be afraid of her, according of the way she’s described online is me. But I don’t go by of what a person said and think, or of what kind of good or bad experience they had, but of the experience of my own. Besides my respect, not only to Hekate, but to the Deities, Spirits and Daemons I connected with, is by not making promises that I know that I won’t keep. I’m more than secure to say that this little detail is the bad experience of those that had.

10 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer some recommendations. I really do appreciate everyone’s advice.

9 Likes

My first experience with Hekate, it wasn’t because I heard her call, but got present on a reading. I just follow sense, but not on a basic daily way. Well… it was daily at first, not on this day.

10 Likes

@deidre if you have any trouble with navigating the site, please feel free to reach out! Everyone here is very helpful & supportive & will get you pointed & off in the right direction.

I hope you have a great rest of your day! :infinite_roots:

@anon87969570 thank you for the information about the WheeI. It was a gorgeous necklace & the Wheel was the top of the Key. The Charm looks really nice.

8 Likes