Hello from Canada!😊

I think I was so enthousiastic that I forgot to introduce myself!:open_mouth:
I’m Isabelle, from Quebec, Canada. As my 1st language is French, I want to apologize for the quality of my English.
As long as I remember, since the age of 3 years, I’ve always been praying, asking for protection and improving, creating spells and communicating with… I don’t really know… gods, goddesses, entities, spirits… I’ve always been protected and helped.
For the last 10-12 years, my two daughters fund interest in witchcraft, naturally and by themselves. So, I’m the proud mother of 2 witches and my son is praying the dieu cornu (« horned god », I think, in English). I’ve never talked about it with them, until last year. I just realized that we are all doing the same, in different ways. I have to see the truth in face and assuming that I am a witch❤️. What a release and satisfaction to find this virtual coven! Thank you for been there, Sisters and Brothers!
Be blessed❤️

13 Likes

Hello!

Welcome. The online coven is amazing :).

Nice to meet a fellow Canadian. I am in Ottawa.

8 Likes

Nice to meet you too! I’m in Montreal aera

8 Likes

It’s great you can talk to your kids about this. :heart:My kids are still leery about it. However they were in Catholic school until 3 years ago. :wink:.

7 Likes

Hi @isabelle2! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Don’t worry about the language thing, I can assure you your English is probably better than mine without Grammarly. LOL! Have you found the Courses all right? They’re mostly written and vocal so if you have any problems just ask and someone will pop up and help you out!

I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Hi! Thank you for tour message!:smile: I probably understand better than I speak lol and I’ll keep in mind to ask for help!:heart:

6 Likes

You’re welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @isabelle2! I’m Siofra_Strega a moderator here at Spells8. I’m from Cape Cod!

I’m happy younfound your way here! We love enthusiasm too! Not working with deities, spirits, etc… Perfectly okay! :hugs: It’s completely your own practice, so do what feels right to you! :revolving_hearts:

I’m a helper by nature. Also a highly sensitive empath… which… can be challenging at times to separate what’s mine & what isn’t or the innate urge to help or take away someone’s pain of any kind but then keep it as my own.

Do you have any specific interests? The courses are a wealth of information. So if you do have any questions, feel free to ask away! Someone will be along to help you out. Alternatively, if you have something to share with us, please do! Jump in on any open topic or start your own! We love to learn & try new things as much as we love to help & support each other! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I look forward to learning with you on your path! :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @isabelle2 :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :hearts: it’s nice to meet you!

I’m just jumping on the welcome wagon - I’m glad you’ve found your way here!

6 Likes

Merry meet sister! Im phoenix from Tennessee, USA.

I’m an eclectic witch practicing for 2 years now. It’s very nice to meet you. We have a wonderful family here within the forum and we’re excited to have you join us

7 Likes

Thank you for your message!:blush: I am discovering the multiple paths in witchcraft. I know it’s ok not fitting in one of these, but I see like this I’m not alone in my ways to think, practice and doing things. For now, I feel more like a hedge witch than others, but I really enjoy learning about lunar magick, kitchen witchcraft, stones and gems, properties of everything.
My main interest in live are animals and nature in general. I know they know so much more than we could imagine, they are part of nature and Life, things that most humans lost. I’d like to know what Sisters and Brothers think about the relation we have with animals?

7 Likes

Thank you for answering! I’m glad to meet you too!:blush:

7 Likes

Bonjour Isabelle! Bienvenu! (My french is rusty!) We are so happy you are here! How exciting that your kids led you here! I have 4 boys and 2 of mine are showing interest in the craft. I actually made moon water with them last week for the Snow Moon and that was fun. I look forward to seeing you around the forum!
a bientot!

7 Likes

Thank your for your message! It’s great you learnt French! Let’s remove the rust on it!:blush:
It’s fantastic that your sons been open to learn from you! For kids, the playful way is the best one for learning!:heart: And learning with their mom is a great gift!!!
My kids are all adults now (27, 24 and 20) but they showed interest and began their journeys in their teenage. I’ve never talked of magick or witchcraft until last year with them.

6 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @isabelle2

Hello Isabelle, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado, it’s so nice to meet you! We are here for you, Isabelle, welcome to the family. :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

Thank you @marsha for your message!:blush:

6 Likes

Bonjour!

I’m Kayte and I live in London, Ontario. I have moved all my life and for a few years lived in places like Pincourt and Terrasse-Vaudreuille (I’m sure that 2nd one i misspelled badly.

Glad to have you here!

6 Likes

Bonjour @Dierna_Nimue_Selene ! :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for your message! I know these two places, at the west of Montreal! And for Terrasse-Vaudreuil, you were very close!!! Bravo!!!:smile:

6 Likes

@isabelle2
Oh, Isabelle, my first language is American and My English is questionable too.
My husband’s mother was from New Foundland.
I’ll get serious now.
Our parents and leaders have traditionally sent us to the church and schools they were raised in. I, in no way, fault them, they did their very best to raise us. My point is that indoctrination into faith becomes subconscious, almost innate.
I want to make it clear, it isn’t done with the intent to brainwash us. But after 12 - 16 years it becomes hard to look beyond your teachings.
I’ve often said that children are magick, they’re born with it. But like clay, everything we do and learn molds and changes it.

I’m so glad you happened upon us, fresh new minds and ideas are gladly welcome. Spells8 is a pagan learning site. Wicca, Pagan, Neopanism, Christians, Muslims, Jews? We welcome them all.
This is a place where we share our extensive knowledge. Teaching you that the ancient ways aren’t always drums and feathers.
Check out our 'forum home. We love questions and someone will answer you or point you in the right direction. Others will fill in what I’m sure I’m missing.

The people who visit and the members are just a joy. The only hard and fast rule is to be nice. No one is allowed to bully or criticize you. The Monitors, of the site, Bry, Francisco, Siofra_Strega, and Amethyst I’m sorry everyone, I have the memory of a fly. Sorry I missed all my loves. I’ll do better next time.

You know Isabelle, I cannot begin to tell you how pleased and proud I am of you. You’ve jumped a lot of hurdles.
I was raised Roman Catholic, so I know how hard it was to leave. And to let your kids have religious freedom makes you a hero in my eyes.
Blessed be
Garnet

7 Likes

Hello and Welcome! I recently joined from California and so far I LOVE the forum. I am also meeting wonderful new coven members from all over the world :slight_smile:
I look forward to talking with you more!

Heather

7 Likes