Hello from Connecticut!

I figured I would do a big post to say hello!
I am a historian, seamstress, crafty witch with a strong passion for learning.
I don’t like labels, so I do not consider myself to be a certain style of witch. I do associate myself strongly with fire, as a previous career was that of breathing fire for ren faires.
I guess I am newish to Wicca, although when I look at my life I have always felt connected to the outside world. I have practiced crystal magic for a long long time, so it’s not entirely new to me. I guess it’s the first time I have labeled my beliefs.

Anywho, you will find me to be entirely eclectic, energetic, passionate, and a tad bid insane.

6 Likes

Hi Chelsey!! Welcome aboard! :wave:

There’s a huge connection between history and Witchcraft! From Aradia or the Gospel of Witches to the works of Isaac Bonewits… If you enjoy history and reading then you’ll never get tired of this Craft.

Feel free to share pictures of your ren faire attire! Or your crystal collection as Marissa just did! We’d love to see your heddle loom!

2 Likes

Hello! So glad you’ve joined with all of us :slight_smile: Id love to hear about what/ how you do crystal magick! And of course would love to see your collection :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Here is me and my spinning wheel. Apparently I don’t have many nice photos of my and my loom. I may have to pose for a few!

Crystal photos too, I have to organize and take a photo. Right now I have more of a ruckus than a collection!

4 Likes

That is so awesome!! :star_struck: You did an amazing job on your whole outfit and place!!
It feels really cozy!

And the wheel looks great too! I wish I could try one! Are there any ren faires these days?

1 Like

Right now, most ren faires are canceled due to COVID-19. The few I have heard that were trying to open, received some very bad backlash. I am not sure if any such events will open this year. I personally feel safety is the best option, over making money.
All of our reenactments and historical lectures have also been postponed or canceled. I am using this year as a year of healing instead of running amuck from event to event!

2 Likes

That’s a great attitude! Yes, I was hoping 2020 would just end but then I realized it’s a good time to put down what no longer serves me and to discover who and what is really important in life. :relieved:

1 Like

Hi, I’m also from CT! New-ish here!

2 Likes

Where in CT are you? I am in Northeastern, just outside of UCONN campus. I would love to do a CT meet up of witches, once it is COVID-Free of course.

1 Like

I was raised Buddhist, so I try to always look to a bad situation as a good one. Everything is just an experience to help us learn and grow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes absolutely!!! I’m in Derby, probably about an hour from UCONN. But I drive all the time and would love to meet up with local witches. I don’t know any near me, and, since I’m more recently starting my journey, it would be super nice and helpful!!

2 Likes

Welcome @chelsey1 !! You are certainly a wonderful addition to our little family here, we are growning so fast and it is soooo cool! Blessed Be

1 Like

I just found out 2 of my neighbors are witches too. I am trying to put together my own witch shop with one who makes resin altar pieces, I make natural soaps, another makes candles, and I grow a ton of herbs. All I have on my website is 3 bars of soap, but it’s coming along! We plan to have a neighborhood self-sufficient witch paradise! ha! You are welcome to join in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s awesome! What’s your website if you don’t mind sharing?

1 Like

I have 2. One is selling designs for embroidery machines and cutting machines, those have witchy designs one them, and the other one is general witchy and historical supplies. That one I am still building.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlwaysThreadLightly is my design shop
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BHistorical is my one in progress. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m a historian, you’d be more interesting if you were dead!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

That is one of my favorites! I had to put it on a shirt. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A very warm welcome to you, Chelsey!

That is amazing that you did fire breathing for ren faires! I also worked at a ren faire in MA in the past and did some fire dancing/flow dancing- but I never combined the two. I think it’s wonderful how you have drawn these aspects of fire into your practice :heart_eyes: :fire:

You make a great point about using this year as a time of healing and spending time to craft and work! I hope you share some of your embroidery projects with witchy designs- I can’t wait to see your works! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Which faire in MA? I worked at the CT ren faire for years. I was even their head costumer for a while.

2 Likes