Hello from Germany

Hello everyone!
I’m British but living in Germany with my husband and two small children. I’m 45 but feel about 27. I first started to get interested in witchcraft in my teens, but quickly stopped when my mum went freak out. The days before the internet weren’t so easy to find information - I am constantly amazed at everything there is out there now.
I lost my dad earlier this year, and we had to wait two months before being able to head back to the UK to say goodbye to him. My sister had cleared out his apartment and all his books were amazing, better than I remember. He was a total atheist but had a fascination with all religions and the occult. I found several books on the ‘dark arts’ and similar, which looked really interesting. He was also a huge folk music fan, which started me listening to the music of my childhood again, Fairport Convention, Sandy Denny and many more. I got such a sense of ‘days of old’ listening to his music and have felt a huge pull back after all this time.
So since May I have seriously been learning and practising witchcraft as a beginner and loving it. It’s as if I had put it on hold for 30 years and now I’ve finally found it again - and I have my dad to thank for that in many ways.
I love some YouTube channels for information - The Green Witch is one of my favourites. I’m also happy I finally subscribed here, it’s such a great site with so many resources.
I suppose I see myself as a green house witch mostly. I’m learning all about Wicca, but it won’t be the core of my beliefs. I’ve also been listening to witchy podcasts on kindergarten runs and learnt some terrifying things about the Fae.
I also lost my job earlier this year, and it’s been hard as I was the breadwinner, but we are going to switch roles for a bit and I get to not only spend more time with the kids (5 and 2), but also to learn and practice my craft. My husband is very supportive and lets me get on with it without being condescending :blush:
Oh, I am also a reiki healer, have ethereal crystals level 9 and have done a lot of yoga and chakra work over the years. I have basically been practicing since my teens, it was just under w different name.
So much to learn here, looking forward to meeting you all.
Love and light, Georgia :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Welcome! Lovely to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Welcome! First of all I’m deeply sorry for you loosing your dad! :pleading_face::pray:t2::orange_heart: Secondly, I love the green witch on youtube! She’s awesome! And I’m in school to be a certified crystal :gem::crystal_ball::ring:healer and a reiki healer. I love yoga and clearing blocked chakras :slight_smile: :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::metal:t2::dizzy:

3 Likes

Merry meet! I’m sorry to hear about your Dad. It sounds as if he was an amazing person. Have you ever listened to Damn the Bard? Real good pagan folk music. You can find him on YouTube.

Anyhoo, glad to have you here. I look forward to chatting with you!

3 Likes

@worgia, welcome to the community! Great to meet you. Sorry about the loss of your dad. I completely get what you’re saying. I have always been facinated with the craft and only started to get back into it around the time the pandemic hit hard. (Plenty of time to learn and practice) this site has been awesome in helping me understand witchcraft more. There is so much to learn and everyone here has been so helpful with loads of advice and information. I’ve grown exceptionally more confident practicing the craft in the short weeks I’ve been here. I also love watching the Green Witch, Annie is amazing and her channel is so calming and informative
Just feel free to dive into all the lessons, spells, and forum on here.
Enjoy and have fun!
Blessed Be,

3 Likes

Welcome from across the pond.

What part of Germany are you in? I was born there and come from a long line of mason artists.

This group is fantastic to work with and will help you on your journey in so many ways!

It is lovely to hear from another (newbie) and look forward to working with you on the craft.

LL

3 Likes

Merry Meet @worgia! Glad you found your way here! My name is Tamera and I am from South Carolina/US.

4 Likes

Welcome, @worgia!! :wave:

Thanks for such a lively introduction! I can feel your energy from here! :laughing:

I loved this!! There’s nothing better than having a partner who is supportive of your spiritual path. You are very lucky!

Feel free to explore the Forum and comment on any topic you like!

5 Likes

Thank you! I’m rather excited to be here!

3 Likes

Thank you! It’s not been an easy year, but it’s been a very interesting year at the same time. Good things will come out of it. Awesome with the crystals and reiki, I love all of that, and have a multitude of crystals dotted around the house.

2 Likes

There, I figured how to reply in one rather than individually, although I have to post in several posts. Thank you all for your lovely replies and sorry for the delay - two small children and time disappears!
@kasie thank you, he was. We weren’t even super close, but we had a lot in common. I’ll check out that band, thank you!
@walter thank you! And I’m glad my message was understandable, it’s been with me for so long, I didn’t even realise it really. Everything seems to be making sense suddenly, it’s amazing. And yes, Annie the Green Witch’s videos are so beautiful as well as informative. Such a labour of love.

3 Likes

@da1 Cool! I live in Munich, we’ve been here 17 years now (yikes!), and are staying for the foreseeable future. Where were you born?
@Tamera thank you! :sunny:

3 Likes

@Francisco thank you! And yes, he’s amazing, we’ve been together 25 years so he knows all my quirks and has never judged me, I’m very lucky. My sister is also pretty cool and I have been talking to her about it. She’s more into tarot and shamanism, but essentially it’s all the same really, energy work.

Right, having a look around the forum now, very much looking forward to chatting with all of you! :star_struck: :sunny:

4 Likes

Guten Tag

Ich wurde in der Ernststraße 13 in Weisbaden geboren;
Kam über New Jersey zu uns, als ich vor 55 Jahren drei Jahre alt war.
Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut,
Aber ich versuche es wann immer ich kann,
Ich entschuldige mich, wenn der Dialekt falsch oder voller Grammatikprobleme ist.

It is wonderful to hear from someone overseas who is fluent in both English (although the Queen’s english is quite different than American) and German.
What part of England are you currently residing?

4 Likes

A very warm welcome to you, @worgia (Georgia)! :heart:

Sending greetings from Poland! :wave: It is a pleasure to meet you- I’m so glad you found your way here!

Sorry about the loss of your father and the struggles you’ve been facing. That’s amazing that your partner is so supportive and that you are able to balance everything to find time for your practice too- you are very strong! The Green Witch is also one of my all-time favorite YouTube Channels- her videos are so inspirational and full of such yummy delights! :yum:

It’s always a pleasure to meet another Green Witch! If you haven’t already found it, you might be interested in the Green Witch: Herbal Witchcraft Course. It’s got a lot of resources of herbs, plants, and kitchen witchery too! :green_heart:

Please make yourself at home in the forums! Jump in on any posts of interest, search for topics, and always feel free to create a new discussion. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out! :raised_hands:

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes