Hello from Iowa!

Hello! My name is Katy, and I’m from Iowa. I’m a single mom with two kids who I think are pretty ok. Lol. I love to joke around and enjoy life, and I have a really open sense of humor which can get a little weird sometimes, but I promise I’m fun. :grin: I’ve always been empathic and absorb others’ emotions like a sponge, which I had difficulty dealing with for a long time. More recently, I’ve been able to separate their emotions from mine which has been a life-changer.

I became drawn towards witchcraft when I realized I had a natural talent for tarot, and I stumbled upon Spells8 when I was looking for tarot spreads to add to my collection and practice. I also have a knack for herbs and essential oils, but I’m definitely not a green witch because I really struggle to keep plants alive. :frowning: I consider myself more eclectic than anything because there are so many things that interest me, particuarly crystals, divination, and herbs, like I said.

As far as faith and spirituality goes, I feel fairly taboo saying that I am still a Christian, and I like to incorporate my faith into my work, but I strongly believe that everybody has the right to practice their Craft however they want. I do enjoy having conversations about faith and spirituality because I love learning about other people’s faiths and how they relate to the Spirit (or not, I totally respect that too).

I’m an over-sharer, and I talk to everybody like we’ve been best friends for several lifetimes, but I never want or try to make anybody uncomfortable. I think that covers pretty much everything for now. I’ve kind of been all over the place with my post. Lol. I look forward to talking with you! Many Blessings and much love!

9 Likes

Hi Katy, nice to meet you! I’m a single mom in Pennsylvania and also very new to this community - I’m really loving it so far and I’m learning so much. I also have a weird sense of humor and I love forming deep connections. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Hi @katy1! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s okay that you’re a Christian Witch, I’m sure there are others here. It’s all good! I’m sure you’ll fit right in. It sounds as if you found the Tarot Portion of the Courses, but I hope you check the rest of them out. There’s some really good information in them.

If you have any questions just ask, and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to chatting with you more!

6 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @katy1

It’s nice to meet you, Katy, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. I often work with Angels, Jesus, and Mary Magdalene, so I am a Christian Witch too. I also work with dragons, fairies, unicorns, and many more Divine energies. Not all at once, of course!

I love that you are an over-sharer because I’m an introvert and I am mostly a lurker :face_with_peeking_eye: I’m so glad you have joined us and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better. Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always,
The Other Marsha

6 Likes

Thank you! I’m am super excited to be here!

6 Likes

I am very much looking forward to making authentic connections with everyone. I have so much love to give! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I am soooooo excited about starting the courses! I can’t wait!

6 Likes

Hello Katy and welcome to the forum! :hearts:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :wave: It’s nice to meet you!

I consider myself an eclectic witch as well as a Celtic polytheist. You’re not the only empath here – there are many, many empaths here! I’m glad you’ve been able to figure out a way to separate your emotions from theirs. That can be a difficult process!

There’s no need to feel taboo about this, especially here! At Spells8, we welcome all faiths – and Christian witches are just as welcome as anyone else! There are a few Christian witches here who share their faith, opinions, and thoughts about different spiritual subjects. I’m glad you will be an added voice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I feel so welcome here! :heart:

6 Likes

They’re easy as long as you watch the videos. You got this!

5 Likes

Greetings @katy1,

Apologies I’m a bit late but I wanted to jump on the welcome wagon too- I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum, and it is a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

Thank you for sharing your lovely introduction- know that you, your wonderful talents, and fun sense of humor are very welcome here! I hope you’ve been finding everything you were looking for (did you find the Tarot Tag in the forum yet? There are a lot of tarot spread hiding around here :flower_playing_cards:) and that you’ve been making yourself right at home :heart:

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! The coven is here and always happy to help however we can :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.