Hello from Maryland - from introverted Kate :)

Hello everyone. Today is my first day here and I thought I’d say hello. I’m Kate and have been practicing witchcraft since June of last year…so very new and still learning. I can’t pinpoint exactly what drew me to witchcraft to be honest…it feels as if I simply just made the decision to start and then I did. What I can say is that it has provided immeasurable peace and strength to me in the short 7 months that I’ve been practicing. I am most certainly a solitary witch as I am quite introverted, however, I am at a point where I do want to be part of a group of like minded people who can serve as touchstones and who I can perhaps be the same for you. Thanks for taking time to read my hello and I’m happy to be a part of this group.

Kate

10 Likes

Hello @Satu_TheGreenWitch! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Don’t worry about being shy. I can be very introverted when I first start out but once you get used to us, you’ll feel like speaking up more hopefully. We don’t bite. Unless you ask us to! LOL!

Have you found the Courses yet? They’re a great way to start on the site. Even if you’re going over the information you already know it’s good to go over it again.

If you have any questions just ask and someone here will pop up to help you out. I look forward to talking with you more!

7 Likes

Hello @Amethyst and thanks for your welcome. I have been browsing the site and I have seen the Courses page you mentioned. I’ll start there and don’t mind reviewing what I have already learned. I agree that refreshing knowledge is useful.
Thank you again for the warm welcome and I’ll reach out to this group if I have any questions. Kate

7 Likes

You’re welcome @Satu_TheGreenWitch! It’s always nice to see someone new in the group!

6 Likes

Welcome Kate! I’m Christine and I live in Tennessee. I’m a baby witch as well and also introverted. But I found since I started this path I am less introverted because I am more comfortable with this chosen path. There’s a lot of information here with the courses and printable and with many knowledgeable people as well!

8 Likes

Hi @christine13 and thank you for your kind welcome. It’s always a little tough to reach out to others when you’re an introvert…at least for me it is…so it’s been very nice to receive such kind responses to my introduction. Thank you again and I hope to chat again soon.

Kate

8 Likes

Merry Meet @Satu_TheGreenWitch! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod & I’m a solitary eclectic witch. My life has changed in so many positive ways from this group. I have made lifelong friends & have met so many great people that really care about each other.

I’m honestly a super introvert. Unless it’s a pharmacy, doctor, or gas… I don’t leave my house. I get my groceries delivered, in all honesty, the pandemic made it easier for me to not leave my house. & there’s no explanation needed anymore! :rofl:

Everyone here is very nice & supportive of your unique path. I know that the courses have been mentioned, but there’s so much more to the site & forum, so feel free to look around & comment on anything that sparks your interest or post any questions or topics of your own! We do have A Sacred Space for logged-in members to post more personal things to the forum.

I look forward to learning with you.

7 Likes

@Susurrus, I’m so glad to know that there is someone here as reclusive as I am. I too only leave the house when absolutely necessary. I have a job that allows me to work remotely and anything I need is ordered and delivered…preferably with no interaction. It’s not that I don’t care for people, I do. I simply prefer to be solitary and I gain so much from it. I agree 100% that the pandemic made how I prefer to exist actually easier.
Thank you for your kind message and welcome. I think perhaps we have some things in common and I will look forward to learning more from you and the group.
Kate

6 Likes

Hiya @Satu_TheGreenWitch,

A very warm welcome to you from Perth, Australia :koala: :kangaroo:.

So happy to have you here with us and that you have reached out to the coven.

I promise you that you have come to the right place. You will meet some of the most amazing people. I have been lucky enough to make some truly wonderful friends :hugs:.

If you ever have any questions, please just reach out here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

May 2022 be filled with all of life’s happiness and blessings for you.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning lots from you too :blush:.

Jess :black_cat:

7 Likes

Merry meet @Satu_TheGreenWitch! :blush:

I like to think that we find the path (or perhaps the path finds us!) when we are ready for it- I’m glad you followed your heart and that it led you here! We are very blessed to have you in the forum, please make yourself at home :infinite_roots:

This is a great place to meet fellow magick-lovers from all over the world- although we may be solitary in our practices, it really is a blessing to be able to swap spells, share ideas, and encourage one another. A witchy community is a wonderful thing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Others have shared some great resources and tips- as for me, my favorite tip is the Search Tool and Tag System. There is a lot going on here in the forum, so these can help you quickly navigate to discussions about topics you are interested in or searching for! :mag:

If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Kate! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hi @Satu_TheGreenWitch. I am Linda from Texas. I have been on this site for a few months and have learned so much. Welcome, I hope you love it as much as I do!

6 Likes

Hi @jessica72 and thanks for such a lovely welcome. I sincerely appreciate it! I have been to your wonderful country but haven’t had the pleasure of making it to Perth. I would have like to but never had the opportunity. I’m married to a kiwi (he’s a Maori from the north island of New Zealand) and I live there with him for over 3 years. I love both countries and the people!

Thank you again for your message and I look forward to getting to know you as well :slight_smile:

Kate

7 Likes

@TheTravelWitch , thank you for the warm greetings and the great advise. I am finding that the people in this group are very warm and welcoming…it’s such a nice surprise! I appreciate your advice and I’ll check out the Search Tool and the Tag System as you suggested.

Thank you again and I look forward to getting to know you more.

Kate

7 Likes

Hi @Ostara and thank you for the warm greeting. I lived in south Texas many years ago and this yankee loves Texas :slight_smile:

Thanks again and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Kate

7 Likes

It’s my pleasure, @Satu_TheGreenWitch- please make yourself at home here! :heart: Many blessings! :sparkles:

7 Likes

Welcome, Kate! Glad you’re here! :grin: :sparkles:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.