Hello from Michigan

I’m new to everything and just trying to find a community that I can turn to when needed. My name is Stephanie and it’s hard for me to reach out to people but I felt a need has arisen. I’ve felt a pull to the spiritual since I was a child, but due to family influence turned away from my pursuits. I’ve currently come in contact with like minded people, but for reasons don’t have a lot of trust. I’ve recently started exploring the idea of a patron deity and was blindsided by the response, as it didn’t come from the direction I was looking. So I’m now taking steps to find the right path for me.

8 Likes

@Nekoshibou hello and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio. I’m so glad you found your way here. The ppl here are lovely and the guidance and information available are amazing. I look forward to getting to know you.

9 Likes

Hi @Nekoshibou! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’d suggest going over the Wiccan Self-Initiation course, there’s a section on the God and Goddess that might help you out. Trust your gut, it may be telling you something.

If you need any help just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to chatting with you!

7 Likes

Hi @Nekoshibou and welcome! You’ve come to the best place for love and acceptance as well as so much wisdom! Everyone here is very helpful, definitely don’t be afraid to ask questions! Merry meet! :revolving_hearts::pray:

7 Likes

Welcome @Nekoshibou and thanks for that heart-felt introduction! :pray:

You have a whole coven of friendly folks happy to help! I know there is a learning curve involved with jumping into a new online forum, so if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Blessed Be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Merry meet Stephanie @Nekoshibou and welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

I’m glad you found your way here- welcome to a friendly coven where you are free to be your wonderful spiritual self. Approaching deities can be intimidating at first- here’s a discussion with lots of tips and advice that may help you if you feel ready to try again with your patron deity :pray:

Is your username Japanese, by any chance? If so, it’s a pretty interesting name! :cat: :skull_and_crossbones: Does it have a special meaning for you? (if not, that’s absolutely okay too!)

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out. Make yourself at home here in the forum!

Blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes

Merry meet @Nekoshibou if you’re needing to reach out to people you’ve come to exactly the right place and we’re so glad you found us. The infinite roots coven is full of wise, talented and supportive people just like you and I can personally attest to the fact that everyone here will make you feel right at home. Looking forward to seeing you around Blessed be :pray:

5 Likes

Thank you, I started looking at the Wiccan Self-Initiation course last night.

4 Likes

My name is actually my gamer tag I picked years ago, almost 20 years at this point, so it’s been with me for a long time. They are Japanese words younger me thought would smash together nicely. Neko meaning cat and Shibou meaning desire. However, I found later Shibou also means fat and death. Making me the desirable fat cat of death. Still it’s stuck with me over the years and has special meaning just due to that. Thank you for asking about it, it’s a favorite story of mine.

4 Likes

It makes sense that the name stuck with you when it comes with such a tale- that’s hilarious :joy_cat: :+1: Names are special like that- sometimes we choose to wear them, and other times they stick on and don’t let go. Wear it with pride, Nekoshibou, it’s a name that’s become part of your personal history! :raised_hands: :heart:

3 Likes