Hello from Pennsylvania

Hi there!

I’m Elle. I just turned 35 this week (yay for Taurus season!), and I have really only been finding my way down this path for about a year or so. I bought a house in January 2020, and a few weeks into living in it, I believe I was called on by Hecate in a dream. I am a believer that everything happens for a reason, and it’s almost always positive (even the “bad” things promote growth one way or another.) After I researched her, I felt even more connected to her because the edge of my property has a 3 roads crossroads, and I had adopted a black Newfoundland puppy the weekend I moved in.

I don’t currently have a label for my practice, but if I had to, it would be eclectic. I still consider myself a baby witch (more like a toddler witch, lol… I’ve got plenty of beginner stuff down, but I still have a lot to learn!) I am still kind of in the broom closet at home. I have a small altar that I keep out, tarot cards laying around, and almost always have incense or a candle burning… But I haven’t had that conversation with my husband or kids yet, partially because I don’t know how to bring up something that is still ambiguous and undefined by me yet.

I absolutely love learning, and I found myself drawn to this community for 2 reasons. First, it has my favorite number in it (I’ve always been drawn to 8 because it represents infinity and eternity to me). Second, it has a very active community. When I lurked briefly before joining, everyone seems so helpful and knowledgeable. It feels like such a welcoming place to learn and grow.

I look forward to growing with all of you!

13 Likes

Merry meet and welcome from a fellow Taurus in central Ohio! I look forward to learning with you! :sparkles:

I’ve also been feeling drawn to Hekate lately too! :star_struck:

9 Likes

Merry Meet! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod, USA. I hope you get through the courses & find them interesting! I learn a lot from them & try to get through them when I see the new ones pop up for me. Check out Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! April 26th :deciduous_tree: for the goings on in the forum this week. Today we have the (Group Ritual - Apr 29) A Celebratory Cup :tada: today to check in with each other across the globe & have some tea/coffee/juice.

I look forward to speaking with in the forum! :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

Welcome to the Coven :infinite_roots: I’m so glad you feel welcome in this community :heartpulse: I thought the very same thing when I joined a month ago and I’ve loved every minute of being here since :heartpulse: I’m Lisa an eclectic Witch and Norse pagan from Scotland :grinning: I find myself relating to your description of your craft, I’m not an expert and there is still a lot for me to learn but I do still feel like I have managed to get acquainted and comfortable enough with the basics now that I’m not really a total beginner anymore if that makes sense? lol :joy:

You don’t need a label for your practice either if you don’t want one? Your craft is your own and no one can judge you for it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you need anything at all just ask :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Merry Meet Elle! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the coven! :infinite_roots: I look forward to chatting with you as well!

7 Likes

Welcome to the Coven, Elle!! :wave:

It’s great to meet someone who’s also drawn to the number 8! Let me blow your mind: The word “Infinity” has eight letters in it!! :exploding_head: :infinity:

I hope you enjoy your stay here!! :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

Merry meet @Elle :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

It sounds like you found your path and now it is finding you too! :blush: The beginning is always a bit hazy and unclear, but as you continue to walk know that you will feel more and more comfortable with your magickal journey. Hopefully your time here among like-minded folks will help you to continue to bloom and grow in your beautiful practice! :sparkles:

You are warmly invited to join the ongoing Forum Activities. Make yourself at home here!

Looking forward to talking with you more soon. Blessed be! :hearts:

7 Likes

Merry Meet Elle, happy to have you join the Coven.
I’m Rowan from South Carolina.
Take your time exploring the lessons, and if you have any questions feel free to ask one of us here on the forum, or look into the Q&A: Ask Freely and Learn about the Craft!
It’s full of wisdom.
Blessed Be,

6 Likes

Hello, welcome and nice to meet you too @Elle , Just as I said to everyone else in other posts, Anne or Margaret is what I’m called by, I’m someone attempting to reconstruct Filipino Paganism, at least of what I can find to be salvageable, still very much in the broom closet inside my family’s house when it concerns both Paganism and Wicca (no offense they’re all Catholics or Christians due to birthright in it too), one who watches anime, someone that would study languages (if I ever have the spare time), caretaker, cat or dog lover and healer (still in the basic version though for my country’s version, the studies of a Babaylan is actually long even with a mentor to guide you and I don’t have a mentor / guru so it’s more challenging yet also fun for me)

An altar is something I’m not really able to make yet partly due to the broom closet and also because if I’ll make one I may need to or make several adjustments for the faith I chose but what I do have is a journal containing my experience and practice in Wicca (will likely need to make a new one for reconstruction of Filipino Paganism too)

If there’s any questions anybody has, creating a topic of it in the forum will be seen or viewed by anyone who may end up helping you too in your questions.

Blessed Be,
Margaret

6 Likes

Hey I know we already talked but welcome and it’s so great to have to here!!! Happy belated birthday :birthday::tada:. And yes yay for taurus season!!!

6 Likes

Happy Birthday! I like Taurus season, my oldest son is a Taurus! I had a best friend that was a Taurus. It’s a great sun sign to have!

5 Likes

Welcome, we always welcome seekers who come out to play.
Warmest blessings

6 Likes

Hello!..from Pennsylvania as well. Whereabouts are you located in good ol’ PA? If that isnt too personal of a question. You could private message me if you dont want to say here, or not? I am in Central PA, Blair County…nice to meet you, enjoy your experience here and many blessings to you while on your witchy path and always, in all ways!

5 Likes

Oh, it’s not too personal, I just won’t share my town or address in the public forum. There’s enough people in my area that it won’t give me away. I’m about 2 hours or so away in York County. We’re almost neighbors considering we’re on a random witch website! :laughing:

Thanks for the well wishes and I hope you enjoy (in my opinion) the most wonderful time of the year in our beautiful state!

5 Likes

I totally get that and wouldn’t have expected that much info, what you shared was plenty. Thank you for your reply and yes, fall is my favorite Pennsylvania season too, for sure. We don’t get much of a Spring season these days, fall we can usually count on and it is truly glorious especially the foliage. If you ever find yourself close by dont hesitate to get in touch I would be happy to extend a warm welcome and provide any accommodations needed. I own a barbershop but am in the works of starting a crystal healing business, let me know if you would like to know about a soft/grand opening or any events or classes I may have in the coming future and if you teach anything witchy or in a certain modality let me know that too, I will have a platform for ya!

5 Likes

Hey Elle!

It might be a little too late. but, welcome! :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

6 Likes