Hello from South Africa

My name is Yolande and I have only been learning about wicca and finding my true path for a few months now. I am 47 years old and live in South Africa. I have denied this side of me my whole life until one day not long ago I could no longer deny it. Now I want to kick myself for taking so long to get here. For the first time in my life I feel at peace. I am so happy I found spells8. There is so much information for my hungry mind.

10 Likes

Merry Meet @yolande! I am Krissie from Cape Cod in the USA! I am 42 and also recently found this place, it’s so warm and friendly here. Everyone is very kind and helpful and supportive. I hope you love it here as much as I do. I love all of the information here and have recently done my self initiation and gone through all of the available courses. I love learning new things which seems to be a daily occurence since I joined the coven. It’s an amazing place and I think you will feel right at home too.

Blessed Be! :pray: :star_and_crescent: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star2:

2 Likes

Welcome to Spells8! There’s so much you’ll learn here. And so many friendly people! I live in NY, USA. I live with my 4 kids. And I’ve been on the path for about 10 years.

3 Likes

Thank you Krissie. Yes gosh I cant put the laptop down. I have searched the internet for information but its always the same things that come up, never what I am really looking for. I especially like the videos where they explain the whole spell in detail and the voicenotes. it’s awesome. I finally feel like i am getting somewhere.

5 Likes

Hi Christina… Its awesome meeting you. I live in Johannesburg with my two kids.

4 Likes

Yes, the cast alongs! I love the guided meditations too! I usually pick at least one a day to do and then another one from Headspace. It took me a little bit of practice, but I am so much better at the meditations now and belly breathing. I have learned so much in the few weeks that I have been here.

2 Likes

Greetings @yolande! I’m Kasie, 47 years old as well and I live in West Virginia in the US. Nice to have you here! I look forward to chatting with you! I’m glad you found your happy place. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Yolande! There is so much to explore here, and the group is very supportive. Merry Meet!

2 Likes

Its wonderful being able to talk yo other like minded people… Thank you so much for all the warmth… Im looking forward to getting to know you.

4 Likes

Merry meet… :hugs: :hugs: Its lovely to meet you Wendy…

3 Likes

Thank you Kasie… Its awesome meeting you too… :hugs: :hugs:

4 Likes

It was nice to meet you too! I will talk to you soon!

3 Likes

Welcome @yolande!! Merry Meet! :wave:

Thanks for introducing yourself! And for your kind comments and feedback too! :+1:

I hope we’ll be able to answer your questions or simply talk and help each other! Feel free to comment on any topic you like in the Forums!!

Blessed Be! :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you so much Francisco… I finally found a place where i feel i can be myself… There is so much information here. I notuced the thread on shadow work… I have been working on that for a while now and the tips i got just from reading the comments really helped… Thank you…

5 Likes

merry meet and welcome to the wiccan path. I started my journey when i was 14 but i never really went deep into it until now im 28. Your never behind your always exactly where your supposed to be. divine timing and all. Congratulations for honouring your true calling most people never do so give yourself a pat on the back for that. I’m a fairly recent member on this site and i too have taken alot from it and have found the fellow witches on here to be truly beautiful souls.

5 Likes

Merry Meet to you, @yolande! :heart:

I’m Brianna and although I’m originally from the USA, I’m currently based in Europe- sending greetings from Poland! :wave: I’m so happy you finally listened to your inner call and found your way here, we are very blessed to have you join us! :sparkling_heart:

It sounds like you are finding lots of information- there’s a ton out there! :open_book: The Complete Courses and Spells8 YouTube Channel are great places to explore, if you haven’t already found them :+1:.

Feel free to browse around the forums- there’s a lot of great information in here! I warmly invite you to jump in on the weekly challenge (this week’s theme is Divine Magick!) and the group tea ritual every Thursday :tea:.

It is a pleasure to meet you and I can’t wait to talk with you more! Blessed Be :heart:

4 Likes

Hi Kira-marie… Yes I am so happy to have found a place to belong too. You are so right about divine timing…

5 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome TheTravelWitch. It’s an honor to be here. It means so much to me that I have received all the warm welcomes from everything. Thank you.

3 Likes

You are very welcome, @yolande! :heart: I hope you are enjoying the forums so far- feel free to reach out if you have any questions! :blush:

Blessed be!

2 Likes

Hey! I’m based in New Zealand but I’m a fellow South African. I’m glad you have started your journey! I know how hard it can be within Afrikaans culture to explore Wicca and paganism.

7 Likes