Hello, I'm a new Sorcerer

My name is Colin, I haven’t quite decided on my witch name yet, I still need to go through the numerology a little more. Although now I feel like it’s always been a part of me, I haven’t truly been practicing until this recent year so I’m quite new. I was inspired to try it out because I wanted to become more in touch with my true self and I just felt like this was the right way to go. I’ve been doing a great deal of reading and getting quite a few books about the Craft. I definitely still in the learning phase. I have an altar set up and use it fairly often although I feel like I don’t keep it off limits from others well enough(it’s actually my living room coffee table). I’m currently living alone so it’s a great time for Craft. I’ve cast some successful spells and some unsuccessful spells and aim on improving myself. The deity I’m interested in at the moment is the Star Goddess. I have pledged myself to her in the hopes of improving my daily life. I would like to one day be a great sorcerer or wizard. I desperately need to meet others who think alike. I’m 29 years old and I live in Manitoba. Thanks for reading!

8 Likes

Hi @colin! Welcome to the forum!
It’s great to have you here :heart:

3 Likes

@colin, welcome to the forum and community.

3 Likes

Merry Meet @colin! I’m Kasie. It will be nice to get to know you. Which Star Goddess are you following? Great talking to you!

3 Likes

Welcome, Colin! I’m Christina and I’m from NY. You’re definitely in the right place for being with like minded people :slightly_smiling_face: it’s very nice to have you here with us.

3 Likes

Welcome and blessings @colin

:kissing_cat:Sheena

3 Likes

Unfortunately I haven’t researched her too much yet so I’m not sure what her name is, but I’ve been thinking that I should find out!

3 Likes

A very warm welcome to you, @colin! :heart_decoration:

It sounds like you have a lot of very exciting elements to your practice- we are very blessed to have you join us! Please feel free to jump in on any discussions or create a new topic to share the fun things you are learning :books::blush: I would also love to know more about your Star Goddess when you discover more about Her! :star2:

If you haven’t found them already, the Spells8 Complete Courses are a great place to learn more about topics you are interested in. If you’re not quite sure where to get started, there’s also the Self-Initiation that works as a foundation to build off of!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions- there are many others here like you who are learning and exploring their own paths! It is fun to learn and grow together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Merry meet and blessed be, Colin!

4 Likes

What do you suggest, as the spells you found easiest and successful, being new?

2 Likes

Early on I cast some money spells that were quite effective, however, they seemed to lose effectiveness over time. Maybe I was spending in the wrong place? Usually I’m doing candle magic. Sometimes I use cards from Magic The Gathering as a form of divination. I did a more complex spell to stop drinking permanently and it worked well. I’ve also made a charm bag and I have a number of sigils that I’ve created. I love making new sigils. All in all, since I’ve started the Craft, my life has improved drastically.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m currently working through the self initiation stuff, most of it so far has been review for me but it helps to ensure that I hold onto the knowledge for time to come.

2 Likes

That’s great, I’ve always wanted to live in NY. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome @colin i’m Katt from Montreal

2 Likes

Let us know when you find Her, that should be interesting! That is, if you’re willing. Talk to you soon!

1 Like

That’s very encouraging!! Thanks for sharing, @colin!! :pray:

And welcome to the Forum!! :tada:

When you mentioned the Star Goddess I immediately thought of Nuit, the star goddess in Thelema.

3 Likes