Hello, I'm an eclectic witch!

I’m excited to be a part of this community! I’ve actually followed spells8 for quite some time now on youtube. Even if it was about something I already knew. It was still always relaxing and very refreshing to me. I’m pretty tired. It’s 2 am here. So I hope everyone has a great day! Talk again soon. Blessed be!

14 Likes

Welcome @Lycos_Libra :hugs: I’m Christina and I am from New York. I’m also eclectic. It’s strange because when I saw your pic, I thought you were my cousin and I would have never of thought that he’d be into the craft!! But it’s not him :sweat_smile: it’s so nice to meet you!!!
Blessed be :pray:

9 Likes

Hi @Lycos_Libra! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots: I think a lot of us found our way here from YouTube, I know I did!

I’m glad you’ve joined our little family. Keep an eye out on our Activities and jump right in on the fun!

If you have any questions just ask and someone will be happy to help. I look forward to getting to know you!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Lycos_Libra!! :smiley:

Thanks for your introduction. I’m glad you enjoy the content on Youtube. Feel free to share a bit more about yourself. Maybe from what continent you are visiting or do you have any particular areas of the Craft that you’re drawn to?

Browse the forum and comment on any topic that interests you. If you have any questions, you can ask anything or share a topic you’re discovering!

6 Likes

Merry meet @Lycos_Libra and welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven :infinite_roots:

So glad to hear you’ve been enjoying the videos on the YouTube channel! :blush: Have you had a chance to explore the Courses on the site yet? There’s so much interesting magick out there to learn about! :books:

Like others have said, if you discover any witchy wisdom in your studies that you’d like to share, please feel free to do- you have many fellow coven members who also love to learn :handshake:

Hope you got a good night’s sleep! Looking forward to chatting with you more soon. Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thank you! I’m loving it! I’m getting uses to this chat still though. I think I may finish that tutorial lol. it may just different on my phone. Your work here is very much appreciated!

5 Likes

That’s hilarious lmao. But no, your senses are spot on about my look. I do like to express myself on the outside. But I learned a huge lesson when I get a bit too comfortable with it. My whole family and 99% of my friends are christian. The other 1% are still never likely to enjoy what I practice. Due to lack of knowledge in my opinion. But for them, they never gave me alot of grief. Just weird silence and I could sense their curiosity was not beneficial to me. So, I tend to avoid revealing too much to them. But at a previous job. I was extremely discriminated against and the crazy thing is. I’m not the type to cry victim. It just became way too heavy. I finally asked to talk to HR. And he had no interest in what I had to say. As if I was imagining the whole situation. I have a huge imagination. But I switch to logical mode very quickly when needed. I had direct insults stated to me personally. At a job, if I respond in any outrageous way. Not only do they make me the bad guy, but it also hurts our image as witches as a whole. From being highly expressive as a teen. Long before I knew I was a witch despite all the clear signs leading to the occult. I was too outspoken because I was confused about why my family’s beliefs didn’t relate to me. I lashed out. Not of ego. But honestly, because I felt like an alien trying to figure out what humans are all about. I learned from that, and then as an adult witch. Although I wasn’t saying anything out loud about my personal life, especially spiritually. I was once again treated unfairly. But even worse. It definately started out bad when I chose to leave the job willingly. But it lead to a certain form of shadow work that that would be hard to even recreate. From feeling like I gave up too easily. Angry and barely holding on. I ended up discovering so many things in my craft. Including Hekate truly starting alot of these fires. And testing my true strength. And now I feel I can overcome these obstacles one step at a time.

7 Likes

Welcome to The Coven @Lycos_Libra

5 Likes

Merry meet @Lycos_Libra. I’m Megan from Alabama and I’m also an eclectic. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here with the infinite roots coven and I’m certain you will as well.

6 Likes

Just know that you can get through these tests when you know you only have something to learn from them. Don’t get angry or upset, just let it happen. Stay in the moment and observe. I wish I had this knowledge on a few occasions. But I have it now.
I’m sorry about your ignorant co workers! The world is scared of us because of what they see on tv and what we’re perceived as isn’t pretty. In all actuality, we’re beautiful souls, learning from nature, learning from each other. They won’t understand until they walk in our shoes!

5 Likes

Welcome to the coven! Blessed Be. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the coven! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry you had to deal with those problems at your workplace :confounded: I really don’t understand why people have to be so terrible like that — there are TONS of things people do that I don’t believe in or agree with, but as long as they’re not hurting my friends, my family, or me, I tend to take the live and let live approach and just ignore them. It takes too much work to be a hateful person like other people are :sweat_smile::joy_cat:

In terms of the issues at the workplace though, I haven’t ever experienced it, and I can’t imagine how degrading and upsetting it is, but I have heard of others who if they HAVE to discuss their religious views in the workplace, just say that they’re Wiccan even though they don’t identify as Wiccan and just as some form of Witch. This way, because Wicca is a legally-recognized religion, if they experience workplace discrimination, they could take legal action if they wanted to since Wicca is an official religion according to the US government. Hopefully the kinds of issues you faced in the workplace in the past don’t happen again, but if they do after you tell them you’re Wiccan, you can sue their pants off :yum:

6 Likes

I’m happy on my side on how some of my colleagues in the department had taken all this years my practice.
Last Friday I was talking to a colleague of mine that is pregnant. She told me; Martinez, do you remember when I consulted with you on if I was going to have another baby and you told me that yes, and that I was going to have another baby girl? Well… as you can see, I’m pregnant and is a girl just as you said. :relaxed:
Now on the other half in the police department, they just don’t say a word on my practice and just work along.

4 Likes