Hello! Let's be friends!

Hello everyone! I have been practicing since I came into my step mothers life. Her family has a long line of Wiccans/Spiritual Practitioners and I would love to branch out and meet people other than family! My instagram is laeci.x! Let’s chat!

12 Likes

Hi Lacey! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m afraid I don’t do Instagram but I am on the forum twice a day. I think a few others are on Instagram though so you may luck out! I’m just a fuddy-duddy. LOL!

It’s great to have you here! Have you found the Courses yet? They’re a great way to start here on the forum! Full of great information and printables.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will be there to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Great! I have looked around and I am starting to figure out how to navigate the website! I would love to chat with you about your practice!

8 Likes

Sure, what kind of magic are you interested in? I’m into candle magic and chanting. And I might have a slight stick incense addiction. LOL!

9 Likes

I love working with elemental magic. However charm casting is my forte. I have just begun candle magic in my journals! (i also have a slight addiction to stick incense)

8 Likes

I have like an entire trunk full of intense. LOL! It’s hard to find a replacement tube, I have to dig through it.

I like writing my own charms when I can. Rhymezone is your friend. LOL!

7 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @laeci

It’s nice to meet you, Lacey, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. What a blessing to have a family with Wiccan/Spiritual beliefs. I was raised Christian and so I’ve pretty much lived my life in the closet. This is a great place to make friends and meet like-minded people.

I’m marsha770 on Instagram, but I’m not on there very often! I’m on ‘spells8’ every day! I’m looking forward to chatting with you soon! Welcome to the family :people_hugging: Lacey!

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

You’ll have to teach me! I only use the ones that have been passes down to me!!

8 Likes

I totally understand where you are coming from!! My mothers side are Baptists and I am constantly reassuring them that I am not worshiping the devil! I am so grateful to have one side that understands even though we don’t talk much anymore. I have grown comfortable in my path and I am learning slowly that being one with yourself is better than getting approval from others. I downloaded the app so if you never need someone to bend an ear I am your gal! Eclectic practices are so so interesting to me as I practice what was passed down to me, I am always so excited to hear different perspectives and experiences!

8 Likes

Hello and welcome, I’m Tracy from England. Recently joined. So nice to meet you. Looking forward to chatting, I pop into this forum everyday, would be lost without it. Everyone here is lovely. I love all things spirit and spend alot of time with my cards and pendulum. Welcome home :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @laeci :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I’m so happy to hear that you found Wicca and witchcraft through your family! :heart_eyes: You must have wonderful people in your life to lead you down the spiritual path. I’m so happy for you!

Come right on in and make yourself at home :house: I look forward to seeing you around and chatting with you!

6 Likes

Merry meet @laeci,

I know we chatted a bit in the healing balm discussion, but it’s wonderful to meet you “officially”! :blush: I’m Bry, another of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. I hope you’ve been making yourself right at home! :heart:

That is amazing that you have so many fellow practitioners in the family! You must be a very magickal group :mage: :sparkles:

I hope you’ll find plenty more magickal friends and like-minded practitioners as you explore around the forum- please feel free to jump into any discussions that interest you! The Coven here is a very friendly bunch and always happy to chat :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

It’s easy and then it isn’t. You have to think about what you want and who is more likely to give it to you. You wouldn’t ask Loki for a sunny day, for instance. You would ask Thor.

Then you start writing and use Rhymezone to try to find rhymes. Or don’t make it rhyme if that doesn’t bother you. Here’s one I just wrote for asking my new Oracle deck questions:

Mother Goddess please open the way,
For my Third Eye to see today.
Help me to heal and help me to grow,
show me what I need to know!

Once you’ve done it a few times you’ll find it easier. I’m sure you can do it!

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the welcome! I have truly felt so much warmth from all the responses!

7 Likes

Hello! I have read quite a few discussions you have started and I can’t wait to hear more about your practice! I see you have a Sea Witch tag! Do you live by the sea? I have always wanted to get closer with the ocean and water in general!

7 Likes

Wow! I will have to catch up on my knowledge of different deities! My family only calls upon the Triple Goddess and the Horned God, then nature and its different elements. Do you have any good book recommendations or maybe a link within Spells8?

7 Likes

Hi @laeci welcome to the forum! :blush::sparkles::crystal_ball::sparkling_heart::infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Thank you!

7 Likes

Hello @laeci merry meet and welcome to the forum.

8 Likes

You can still call upon them, that always works, but we have the Goddess Temple and the God’s Temple that has some great information to get you started.

Then there are books, of which there are MANY. I’d suggest getting a Kindle Unlimited subscription and just finding a book you like and trying it out. There is one though that is useful to have to flip through and that’s the Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Correspondences.

This thing is huge and has correspondences for gods, herbs, crystals, and just about anything you need until you get the hang of things.

Hope that helps you!

8 Likes