Help Me Name This Kitty!

So, I have one cat (Felix) and am bringing home a kitten tomorrow. I rescued Felix, so he came with his name! I’m having a hard time thinking of a girl name for the baby. Any ideas? Here’s a photo for inspiration lol.

7 Likes

Aww! How cute! What about Brightspot? I love the book Uhura’s Song and that’s the name of one of the cat-like aliens. So named for the Brightspot on her forehead.

5 Likes

Ahhhh love cats… I have no idea what to call em, except not late for dinner. Can you imagine what they might be thinking??
I just keep thinking Tura… like Too rah… don’t know why, just Princess Tura

5 Likes

She is adorable! What about Kya? I’m not real good at this, or Brigid? She looks so precious and special with her double paws!

4 Likes

Major cat lover here. When I saw her, I just thought Olive. Just one of many possible names for a lovable furbaby!

4 Likes

AHHH!!! Your new furry friend is adorable, @haley! :cat::two_hearts:

The first thing that comes to mind is “Felicis”- like Felix Felicis, the potion in Harry Potter that brings amazing good luck! It would be a kind of combined name between your two kitties.

Best of luck with bringing her home- I am sure you will find a perfect name! Sometimes you have to get to know the animal before a name finds them all on its own :grin::+1:

5 Likes

I had a dog named Kaiya. But she passed of old age. She was my everything. This was before I had kids. I still miss her so so much.

3 Likes

Everyone has such amazing names! Once you get to know her personality, you’ll figure it out. Dang :pleading_face: she’s so adorable :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks to all of you!

I REALLY like Olive for some reason. I cant remember if her eyes were more blue or green/hazel, but… we’ll find out this afternoon.

Now please just send good vibes bc I’m nervous about Felix. He likes other cats, but I’ve never seen him interact with a kitten. I ran some palo santo around him for a cleanse last night because its almost the full moon and he goes NUTS! I didnt time the kitten out very well… but yeah. Positive vibes, I need them!

Xoxo blessed be.

5 Likes

Hazel, Phineas, Winnifred…adorable lil baby.

4 Likes

Oh, I really like Olive too! That’s a great name! I will send positive energy to Felix that he gets along with a kitten also. I’m sure he will be fine if he gets along with other cats though.

4 Likes

Sending good thoughts to Felix! :two_hearts: He may be a bit hesitant at first- probably going to worry like every new big brother that the new kitten will steal all your attention! :laughing: Hopefully with a bit of time and a gentle introduction, they will become fast friends :cat::heart: :cat: Good luck to all three of you during this exciting time!

3 Likes

Lunar, fae, magick, pixie, fairy, tinkerbelle , bubbles, daisy, river, harmony

Those are the ones that spring to mind

4 Likes

I really liked Olive!! For the olive branch!! :herb: But it could also be Cinnamon!

4 Likes

Well guys, shes here! And Felix isnt too pleased, but I’m following advice I read online & introducing them slowly. She still doesnt have a name, but I’m leaning towards Piper because MAN she has some pipes! Her tiny little meow noises are loud! I didnt think this through, because Felix tends to get a little story crazy every full moon, but we’re gonna make it work!

Here’s where they are now…

6 Likes

Piper is a good name. And hopefully they’ll get along so you don’t end up on My Cat From Hell. LOL.

5 Likes

So cute :heart_eyes_cat: piper is a cute name makes me think of charmed

4 Likes

It seems like Piper has told you her name all on her own! :laughing: She is so sweet- I hope Felix warms up to her soon! It sounds like it’s a bit chaotic there right now, but hopefully in a fun way- enjoy your furry friends! :cat::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Well guys… you may have noticed my absence this week… THESE CATS ARE AWFUL! :joy: It took a few days of adjustment, and they’re tolerating each other. However, Felix wants outside constantly now. He’s escaped 5 times this week, last night he knocked over my lamp, incense burner & candle (for the 2nd time this week) trying to jump through a window.

So I let him go outside for a few hours and he came back later this morning. I’m pretty apprehensive because I’m a firm believer of cats staying indoors. Hes ruining my doors, splintering the bottoms of them. Knocked melted wax all over on the full moon after I completed my spell work & was bringing my water, crystals & grain spell out to soak up some energy.

Anyway. I’m ranting, but does ANYONE have cat advice?

4 Likes

Sounds like he’s wanting to mark his territory. How many litter boxes do you have? Usually, you want two boxes for every cat so you’d need four. Spaced out too.

You may also need to play with him more. Get him one of those Cat Wands and tire him out using them.

Also, make sure he has a way up. Cat trees, shelving put up so he can get around the kitten if they meet up. Perches near the window.

All of these tips I got from watching the TV Show My Cat From Hell. Jaxson Galaxy is a whiz at cats and calming them down. Watch a few episodes online and see if you can get any other ideas.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes