Help they no longer have my favorite tea

I finally joined the weird people, according to my husband all tea drinkers are weird, and I fell in love with a black tropical tea and I went to order more and they don’t have it anymore :sob:

Can anyone recommend a good one that is caffeinated, not green tea and not insanely expensive?

14 Likes

Do you have the ingredients or the name of the one you can’t find anymore? Maybe we can help you find a suitable substitute! :blush:

10 Likes

Good ol’ Earl Grey maybe, or its cousin, Breakfast in Paris by Stash. That’s really good. Breakfast in Paris has notes of lavender and vanilla in it.

12 Likes

That’s all I drink, all day!:joy: Yorkshire brew is lovely if you can get it in the U.S. Assam is nice too and Earl Grey very nice with a dash of freshly cut lemon. :hugs:

11 Likes

I would recommend almost anything from Republic of Tea. They have a few tropical ones that may fit what you’re looking for, but they’re pretty inexpensive and I don’t know that I’ve had one from them that I didn’t like.

11 Likes

Ohh noooo- that’s a real tragedy, @Nixi. As a fellow tea lover, my heart goes out to you :people_hugging: :heart:

Maybe it’s worth sending a message to the company and asking about it? Maybe it will come back into stock soon? I’ve got my fingers crossed for you! :crossed_fingers:

You’ve got some great suggestions already (I’m enjoying them too- it’s always fun to hear about new types of teas! :laughing:).

Do you have a store like Ocean State Job Lot or Ollie’s nearby? Sometimes discount resale stores have really nice brands available for very cheap. We got some gorgeous teas at Ocean State that usually cost nearly double what we paid for- takes a bit of looking, but you might be surprised what you can find! :tea::sparkles:

Good luck and I hope that, one way or another, you’re able to find more tea that you love! :heart:

10 Likes

LOL, we all are weird then, I just got on my niece the other day talking about the only tea she drinks is with sugar and lots of ice, lol. I am not sure as I started drinking tea again but I do have a pu-erh tea that Spells 8 mentioned with caffiene in it. I actually like it.

11 Likes

Stash makes an earl gray with extra bergamot… OMG. If you love a London Fog (earl grey, heavy cream, sugar and a shot of vanilla) as much as I do, this is the tea for you!

12 Likes

This an opportunity to branch out and maybe find another tea you like even more

11 Likes

Ooh, extra bergamot sounds nice!

10 Likes

It’s sooo good!

10 Likes

It sounds good!

9 Likes

I might try a bergamot. I used to love it but that’s all that my bio mother drank and I’ve stayed clear of it

@MeganB it’s a black tea with orange and I think mango and I don’t remember what else

@Aurora_Hestia I will definitely check it out, thank you

@BryWisteria We have an Ocean State not too far away, I can’t believe I didn’t think of it. For the foreseeable future I’d have to send my husband and I don’t know how well that would go but it’s been a while since I sent him for something he has no idea what it is so maybe it’s time.
I sent him for evaporated milk so I could make my Uncle’s mashed potato recipe and he came back with powdered milk. I think the best when I sent him out with a list of ingredients, he had no idea where to look for prosciutto and couldn’t find shallots

@Heav3n he was afraid it was coming across as an insult but I thought it was funny and says something about real tea drinkers would think it was funny. I was a hard core coffee addict until recently and he kept saying that coffee drinkers are weird too

@Asideon that’s a great take on it, thank you

6 Likes

That’s awesome! Ocean State has a lot of fun things and often lots of neat teas (although their stock changes pretty often) :tea:

I hope that if your husband makes the trip that he manages to find some fun teas for you to try! :blush:

4 Likes

That sounds like it would be delicious! I’m not sure about the brand - I’ve never tried it - but I found one from a company called The Traveling Teapot that might be similar!

Mango Orange Black Tea – The Traveling Teapot

4 Likes

My knowledge of tea begins and ends with earl grey hot lol

5 Likes

If you only know one tea Earl Grey is a great one to know- that’s a very tasty tea! :yum: :coffee: :two_hearts:

4 Likes

It’s more fun putting on the kettle rather than letting the replicator make it. LOL!

5 Likes

I like coffee myelf but prefer a iced coffee. I just hate the after effects if you know what I mean, LOL. I also have ADHD and it does not really do much for me but make me tired after a hour or two.

5 Likes

I love iti would definitely agree with that. Im thinking of basil tea today should help with my solstice divination

6 Likes