Helping with Tarot interpretation

Hello witchy friends!

As part of my shadow work today, I did the below spread from Emerald Lotus.

Here is my spread:

My interpretation
  • 1: stagnant, needing to see from a new perspective
  • 2: being allowed to dream and be creative (no fault to y’all; this was self bright on by the pressure I put on myself to live up to the imaginary standards that I felt y’all wanted)
  • 3: no idea - I didn’t have a traumatic/chaotic childhood so :woman_shrugging:
  • 4: endured many challenges and stripped myself bare of any limiting beliefs that have previously held me back. I’m realizing my core essence, who I am beneath all the layers
  • 5: experiencing a spiritual awakening; destined for so much more. Tune in to a higher frequency. Let go of my old self and step into this newest version of who I really am
  • 6: quoted from Biddy Tarot because I think this is a very good description: Take focused action and stick to the course, no matter what challenges may come your way – because, believe me, there will be challenges. You may be pulled in opposite directions and find your strength and conviction tested. Others may try to block you, distract you, or drag down the pursuit of your goal. But The Chariot is an invitation to draw upon your willpower and home in on what’s essential to you, so you can push past the obstacles in your way.
  • 7: created an abundance of love and happiness in my life, and now share this love with others, expanding my heart even more; family relationships are harmonious and loving right now; Take a moment to step back and appreciate everything I accomplished; follow your heart and trust your intuition to lead you to the opportunities aligned with your Highest Good.

I’m not looking for a full interpretation but help with what the tower card could represent regarding the question asked: “Something that left my inner child scarred”. I feel like I had a relatively “normal” childhood for someone growing up in the 80s/90s. My dad worked hard to give us what we needed, even what we wanted when they could afford it (hello Super NES). I’m the oldest. My sister is 2.5 years younger and we got along like typical siblings (love/hate). One brother is 10 years younger and my youngest brother (FTM later in life) is 12 years younger. We would visit my grandparents (both sides) a lot growing up. I was close to my great-grandmother on my dad’s side.

I can’t really think of anything that would fit this card as a major change/upset/chaos. Does anyone have any other interpretation for the tower?

Thanks!

7 Likes

**Tarot Book of **
by Tonja Reichley

XVI The Tower
Clearing away what’s not true
Building it up with something new
New to me, yet ancient old
Allowing the blessing to unfold.

Ritual: Draw a simple sketch of your foundation and what it is created of. How will you nourish this foundation to build upon?

6 Likes

I discussed this with my mom and she brought up a very valid idea for what the tower card could represent.

When I was younger, in our “first house” (the one I remember as our first house anyways) I would see spirits and dark shadows, feel things that others didn’t, and generally had what I now know were clair-experiences. At the time, we were still attending Catholic church so I was taught that all of this was “evil”. Therefore, I was scared and likely turned away from my gifts - telling myself I couldn’t be seeing/experiencing what I was because that would make me evil.

Today, I know that this is nonsense and I’m embracing my gifts.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t read it as negative at all. More like transformation and change. In this case what you mention about misconceptions regarding spirits. The tower may be pointing to you shaking down these established traps, clearing the path of old ideas that had you bound at some point.

5 Likes

@Francisco I agree! I really feel that it was telling me that as a child based on how I was raised in the church, I was afraid to accept what I was experiencing. Now that I’m older, I’m getting rid of those old beliefs as they no longer serve me.

5 Likes