4 tablespoons plain yogurt
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Toasted baguette slices
Assorted raw vegetables: carrots, red bell peppers, cauliflower, English cucumber, zucchini, etc.

Directions:

Blend goat cheese, oil, and yogurt in a processor until smooth. Add herbs and season dip to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours. Serve dip with toasted baguette slices and raw vegetables.

Recipe courtesy of Food Network.

5 Likes

thank you very much! I will be making this for work. I like to take sneaky little food items in to share with the group on ritual holidays. This will be perfect for my stretch of shifts the weekend before Imbolc. @Amethyst I mean, you recipes are always the bomb, so I’ll be pretty popular for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried goat milk a while back and blegh- it’s got such a strong flavor, I’m afraid to say it’s not for me! :goat: :milk_glass: :laughing: But goat cheese, on the other hand, can actually be quite yummy- especially when paired with other tasty things and flavorful herbs, like in this awesome recipe! :sparkles:

I love a nice crumbly goat cheese on a beet and walnut salad- it might be my favorite way to eat goat cheese :yum: I’ve never made my own goat cheese blend before, though- I’ll have to give it a try! Thanks so much for this fun recipe, @Amethyst- you always pick such great ones! :heart::blush:

1 Like

Thanks so much, @LadyAuld.ofChico! I’m glad you liked the recipe! It sounded like it would be good for Imbolc.

You’re welcome! I’m glad you liked it! I’m thinking of some sort of cheese bread for next week, for both Imbolc and Lughnasad.

2 Likes

Ohhhh you tempt, Amethyst! :heart_eyes: :cheese: I’m looking forward to seeing what you find for a cheese bread! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I found an interesting recipe for cheddar and chive scones that sounds yummy, I think I’ll share that.

2 Likes