Hi everyone from an empath baby witch

Hi everyone! I’m Amanda-

I am originally from Las Vegas, Nevada. So happy to report my family just moved to southern Utah where we are much happier to be in actual nature :rofl:. It makes it much easier to perform spells outside where its not just all dirt and is over 100 degrees half of the year.

I am very new to witchcraft, but the more I learn the more I feel I was actually born a witch and I am finally on the right path. Everything is so new and overwhelming so I have no clue what type of witch I am, but I’m reading about kitchen witchcraft (which I didnt even know was a thing) right now. Coming at an ideal time when I am now a stay at home mom of three (two of which I homeschool). I love putting magick into the household tasks I handle daily.

I dont really have a moment where I can say I became a witch. I was always interested in magic and kept an open mind. After being raised Christian my whole life it was in my 30’s I decided it wasnt the faith for me any longer and then being without any spirituality at all in my life and feeling an emptiness I started reading whatever books called out to me on wicca. I read in several different books that being a witch is a lifelong journey of discovery and that it is up to us on what we follow and what we don’t. That kept me reading and ever since its just felt right! Its all still so new but one thing is absolute my soul doesn’t feel starved any longer.

I could go on and on lol I will sum it up by saying thank you Spells8! Blessed be

13 Likes

@amanda8 Hello and welcome I’m Tracy. Loki is my patron deity. Make yourself at home :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Hi, @amanda8! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Congratulations on a successful move! I bet your family enjoys being out in nature too!

I’m also a reader. We’re coming up on the end of one Book Club reading and will start another one next month so keep an eye out for it.

Have you found the Courses yet? There are loads there to read and listen to that will help you progress. They’re great!

If you have any questions, ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

10 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome @Amethyst! I’m excited for the book club. I did see the courses; they’re great!

9 Likes

@amanda8
Welcome! So glad you found us! :infinite_roots: This is wonderful place to learn about witchcraft :witch_hat:! This is a place for inspiration, kindness and support :heart:.

8 Likes

Thank you @tracyS!

9 Likes

You’re welcome, @amanda8! Glad to have you here!

8 Likes

@amanda8 Welcome! Lisa here - no nickname yet, but you can call me a Green, or Hedge Witch :grin: Check out the forums and the courses! :heart:

9 Likes

Hello @amanda8,

Welcome! I’m Bry, one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. It’s a pleasure to meet you :heart:

It sounds like you’ve found your way home- congrats on embarking on your magickal journey, Amanda- may it bring you much happiness and many blessings! :blush:

Please make yourself at home here. Looking forward to chatting with you more soon!

Blessed be :sparkles:

9 Likes

Thank you so much @BryWisteria! I only wish I had more time to learn. I’m homeschooling my kids and starting a business on my own. Any suggestions on where to start?

9 Likes

Merry meet :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @amanda8

I’m so glad you are here, Mandy, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. It’s wonderful that you have moved somewhere that makes you happy! I grew up in the mountains, and being in nature is so magical and healing for me. I am also an empath. I live in a small city and I am so thankful that I have a yard and garden where I can spend time. Welcome to the family! :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

9 Likes

Wow, you’re one amazing witchy mama, Amanda! That’s a lot to juggle, but I believe in you- I bet you’ll find ways to make it all work for you. Go get 'em! :raised_hands: :heart:

In terms of magickal studies, there’s a real treasure trove of resources around here! I know you mentioned you had already found the Courses, those are a great place to build a foundation in a wide variety of magickal topics. For a first place to begin, the Spellcasting 101 Course has an introductory guide- it’s both got tips for getting started as well as a nice confidence boost. I will link it here!

My best advice would be to follow your interests- anytime you see anything that calls to you, be it a lesson in a Course or a topic here in the forum, go ahead and jump in! There’s always more to explore and we are all on this exciting journey of learning together :books: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Much love and many blessings!

8 Likes

Hello @amanda8 :wave: and welcome to the forum!

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I’m a bit late to this, but I’m just hopping in to welcome you! I’m glad you were able to move out of Las Vegas. It’s very hot there - I’ve visited during the summer and I would not recommend :joy: I’m in Florida right now, but we’re moving out of here in the next month or so (as soon as our house sells) and going further north. I’ll be happily waving goodbye to the heat here in Florida because I hate it :rofl:

Anyway, I hope you’re finding everything okay here at Spells8 - please feel free to make yourself at home!

8 Likes

welcome to the forum! My name is Airram and I live in Greece, I’m glad you’re here
you are in a happy place a family
I wish you a good stay and a good trip to the world of magic!

8 Likes

Welcome, @amanda8! It’s lovely to meet you here. :black_heart:

I’m Katerina. I reside in Australia with my partner and two lovely cats. My journey began in earnest only this year, and I became active in this coven at the end of August. But already, they feel like family, and I’ve already been learning so much from everyone here.

I’m glad you feel you are finally on the right path and I am excited to welcome you into this lovely space. I hope you feel welcome, and, when you’re comfortable, feel free to join us in any topics you are interested in. :black_heart:

8 Likes

What a warm welcome @starborn! Thank you! I have felt so welcome from everyone. I have so little time and I have been spending most of my free time in the lessons section. I get overwhelmed super easy. So I go to the forum and dont know where to start or what to say… It will get easier I know. I am not even very good at social media either for the same reason.

I’m also a year into starting a small business; another venture I’m learning as I go. As well as homeschooling my kids. Good thing I like to learn! Not good thing I require sleep and I cant learn as fast as I need to.

I did try a couple of the guided meditations though and that immediately calmed my nerves, helped me sleep better and the morning one lasted through most of if not all my day.

9 Likes

Welcome :hugs: @amanda8 Merry meet. My name is Devenne And I’m from Indiana. Im an eclectic witch. I also enjoy gardening, natural , animals, and spirits. I’m a few months into my path. There is so much to learn. Being here makes things a lot easier. Everyone is helpful and has a plethora of information amongst everyone. Welcome :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes