Hi, I'm Erin from Massachusetts :)

Hi! My name is Erin and I run Alastor Apothecary. If you’re interested in hand made, ethereal perfumes with custom intentions, please check me out. :slight_smile: www.alastorapothecary.com

Currently I spend a lot of time foraging and making things out of nature. I also love camping, hiking and kayaking.

I’ve been interested in witchcraft since I was in high school. I used to carry around The Witches Tarot deck and the book Celtic Magic by D. J. Conway. I’ve also always had an altar but for some reason, have never been able to consistently practice.

I’ve tried many, many communities but have yet to find a place that works for me. I’m hoping this is it.

Please feel free to reach out. I would love to find like minded friends. Particularly if you are from New England. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi Erin! It’s great to have you here! :sparkles:

I love the photos on your site, they look really neat! :+1:

I’m all the way in the West Coast but there’s a group of Witches from New England, you can find out who they are in this topic:

I think being mindful of the ways of our path can be done in many ways. You mentioned you have a Tarot deck! A very simple way would be to take 5 minutes every day and do a Tarot reading or simply draw a card and meditate on it with a candle burning! :candle:

I hope to see you around the Forum! Feel free to comment on any topic you like or start a new topic if you have anything to share!

Blessed Be! :pray:

3 Likes

Hello and warm greetings, @AlastorApothecary! :heart:

Hooray for another New England witch!!! :heart_eyes: I’m living in Europe at the moment, but I was born and grew up in Massachusetts! :grin:

We are very blessed to have you join us! I hope you find that this is the right community and coven for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Please don’t hesitate to jump in on any of the topics in the forum, and you are very welcome to create your own too, about questions, tips, experiences, or anything else that you’d like to share! :books: We all have so much that we can learn from one another :sparkling_heart:

It sounds like you have an affinity for tarot and Celtic magicks! Do you have a favorite current deck you like to use? :flower_playing_cards: And if you enjoyed the Celtic Magic book :open_book: , you may be interested in the posts about Celtic and Irish magickal traditions, that our resident Celtic Magick Witch @MeganB has kindly shared. If you’re interested, here are a few:

It is truly a pleasure to meet you, and I can’t wait to talk with you more! Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Lovely to meet you @AlastorApothecary! :bouquet:

You’ll be right at home here :blush:

Unfortunately I’m all the way over in England :upside_down_face: but I’m on the forum a fair amount.

3 Likes

A Hearty Welcome @AlastorApothecary so glad to have you here! This is a great place for you to meet wonderful people, explore new ideas, ask questions and be inspired. Blessed Be

2 Likes

Hi! I am Krissie and I am from Cape Cod. I recently found my way back and I’m making the effort to practice daily and consistently. I am starting out slow and gathering what I need as I come across it. I hope this is what you are looking for, I look forward to hearing from you! Where in Massachusetts are you from?

Krissie

2 Likes

Hi Krissie, nice to meet you! The Cape is so lovely but I often get anxious just thinking about traffic this time of year lol. I’m in Framingham :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice to meet you, thank you so much for the resources and suggestions! I also appreciate you checking out my site :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi yes I saw that you are originally from Worcester, which is my home town! So funny :slight_smile: My favorite deck is Ostara. It’s incredibly beautiful. The imagery really speaks to me. Thank you so much for the kind words and references. Before I was married my last name was O’Connor so yes, you can say I’m interested in Irish traditions. It would be embarrassing if I wasn’t :joy:

2 Likes

England, I’ll still take it! :laughing: Nice to meet you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! <3

2 Likes

I think I’m the only Brit here! :thinking: Or maybe just the only English.

Where the heck are all the British pagans hiding?! :joy:

2 Likes

Hi,

Yes the traffic is something else this time of year. I tend to stay on my side of the bridge or travel at opposite times of the traffic. Mostly at my house & the beach on our road. If you ever make it this way let me know! I don’t make it to Framingham much, my neighbors are from the Worcester area.

I hope you have a great rest of your day!
Blessed Be!

3 Likes

I love Ostara!!! Ahhhh it was my first deck, and probably my favorite. I love how the deck uses different artists to bring styles together- it has such a warm and artsy feeling to the cards :flower_playing_cards::two_hearts:

Oh goodness Cape traffic is infamous! :sweat_smile: Is it terrible this year too, or perhaps there are fewer vacationers this summer due to the pandemic? I also heard from family in Plymouth that there are more shark sightings this year :shark:. But on the plus side the hydrangeas are extra beautiful this year! :bouquet::two_hearts:

The hydrangeas on the Cape are gorgeous. Actually, I feel like the traffic is worse this year than last. Everyone wants to quarantine on the Cape apparently. I stay away from the public places where the tourists gather or spend a lot of time. We have a small beach in our development that I take my daughter to on the really hot days. Once the beach starts filling up though or more people are actually in the water, we leave until another off time. We have seen a lot of CT, RI, NY, NH, VT, & VA plates this year. The water is amazing this year though. So that has been a real treat too.

Krissie

1 Like

I’m glad you and your daughter can still enjoy the beach, and that you are both staying safe! :pray::two_hearts:

I agree, everywhere I’ve tried to go has been mobbed. I don’t know a lot of the “secret places” that people often post about. I need to find one because you’re right, outdoor things is something we can all still do so everyone’s doing it. Glad you have your small beach :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll definitely let you know if I’m brave enough to come out! :slight_smile:

2 Likes