Hi! New from Wisconsin

Hi everyone! I’m Ashley. New here and pretty new to witchcraft in general.

Last month, I did a Christmas Around the World unit study with my daughter. Prior to this, I would have said I was agnostic, but we learned a lot about paganism through our studies. I’m guessing I learned more than she did because of how many rabbit holes I went down as I discovered more about myself and my spirituality :laughing:

I’ve always been drawn to nature and animals, interested in a variety of metaphysical things, drawn to inner peace and self-care, but was raised in a way where these things were somewhat discouraged and frowned upon. After a few years of some deep inner work, I feel like what started as homeschool unit turned into something much more and brought me back to my roots. I’ve don’t think I’ve ever felt so at peace with myself.

Which is what brought me here! I’m an introverted homebody who would love to connect with likeminded people - just not outside of my home :rofl: - and learn from others! I’ve already gained so much from the website itself and thought it might be time dig into the forums now.

Thank you for creating such an inviting space! I’m excited to be here.

9 Likes

Welcome @Aurora_Hestia!

Girl… you are preaching to the choir! One of the first things that really got my on this spiritual path was doing nature study in our homeschool. Our schooling is a bit crazy, I have some homeschooled kiddos and some brick and mortar kiddos and I am a public school teacher. It’s nuts… but nature study and traditions from around the world are what peaked my interest to start with! I’m so glad you are here! I can’t wait to chat!

7 Likes

Ahh, you get it! It’s so fun to learn along with them and nature study is definitely a big part of what helped nudge me along this path. Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Looking forward to connecting more :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi @Aurora_Hestia! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

This is a great place for introverts to spread their wings! I take it you’ve found the Courses? It sounds like you have, they are a great way to get started.

If you have any questions, ask and someone will pop up to help you. I look forward to getting to know you!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Aurora_Hestia :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

It’s funny how some of us come to paganism. Some people see it originally as a rebellion against their original faith. Others were raised into paganism. And still, some of us come to it through a chance encounter with a book at the library!

I’m also a homeschool mom! My daughter is nine and we’ve been homeschooling officially for a year, though we did it off and on through Covid because…well, it’s Covid :woman_shrugging: Anyway, a Christmas Around the World unit sounds like a lot of fun! I’m glad you were able to do that and really connect with other paths and learn about different cultures and how they celebrate.

I’m really glad you’re excited to be here! I’m happy you’re here and I look forward to seeing you around the forum :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to pop in and ask questions as I’m learning :blush: and yes - so many courses I’m excited to dig in to. I just need to pick one to actually start!

5 Likes

Thank you, Megan!

This is so true. I really do feel like it was a chance encounter for me, and I’m so grateful for it.

I knew I wanted to homeschool my daughter pre covid… but covid definitely just gave me so many more reasons to! The unit was a lot of fun and it really did allow us to learn so much about other cultures. And I’m really excited to keep learning here :blush:

5 Likes

I didn’t want to homeschool her originally. We lived in Oregon and I loved the public schools there, her teachers were great, and it was very inclusive and open. Then we moved to Florida and I knew for sure that she was gonna be homeschooled. The schools here are not great and the political involvement that’s happening in schools isn’t great either. So, we chose to homeschool and we don’t look back!

I’m actually in the process of putting together some witchcraft-related homeschool units for kids! It’s gonna be part of my own website but I’ll keep you updated if you’d like!

5 Likes

LOL! That’s the hardest part!

5 Likes

Please do!! :heart_eyes: my daughter is showing interest as I’m learning and I haven’t found much to help her that’s age appropriate. So yes please keep me updated!

5 Likes

Wonderful! My daughter shows a little bit of interest but it’s off and on. Fickle is the interest of a 9 year old with ADHD :laughing: I think I’m gonna start easy with meditation, energy work, and the moon phases.

5 Likes

Merry Meet Tenaciousley. Welcome. There is so much to read and learn here. You are going to LOVE it!

6 Likes

Those sound like perfect topics for kids! Excited to see what you create :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome Ashley, I’m Scott. I’m kind of new to the craft as well. I have been with our forum since November. You’ll find very helpful folks here!

6 Likes

Merry meet @Aurora_Hestia,

I’m Bry, another moderator here in the forum- wishing you a warm welcome! :blush:

Congrats to you for listening to your heart and finding your way to peace- it’s something that is easier said than done, but you’ve managed it! I’m glad you found happiness in your practice and also that your journey led you here- the coven is blessed to have you! :heart:

Please make yourself at home and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need some help- the coven is here and always happy to chat :infinite_roots: :blush:

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Aurora_Hestia

It’s nice to meet you, Ashley, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado.

Ashley, that describes me perfectly! We are twins! :people_hugging:

I’m looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome to our little family.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always
The Other Marsha

6 Likes

Thank you, Bry! I really appreciate your comments as I’ve struggled hard over the years to listen to my heart. It seems to finally be working and paying off :slight_smile:

I appreciate the warm welcome and will definitely reach out!
Blessed be :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

It’s nice knowing I’m not alone! Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Marsha. I look forward to getting to know you better also and learning from you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sometimes it can take a while to yield results, but I completely agree that good things come to those who follow their hearts and stay true to themselves :blush: :heart: So again- good for you, you’re doing great! :raised_hands:

Make yourself at home here, Ashley! Blessed be :sparkles:

6 Likes

Welcome and Merry Meet! Glad to have you here. My name is Alyssa, and I’m from Wisconsin and pretty new to Witchcraft. I look forward to having you here! :slight_smile: :heartbeat:

7 Likes