Hola Everyone! 👋

Hi everyone! I’m Debora, I hail from the Land of Enchantment, New Mexico, and I’m excited to be here with you all!

I’ve been witching around since I was in my early 20´s and now I’m pushing 60. I’d let it go for a while but my granddaughter asked me about my altar and asked if I could teach her. So I’m here to brush up on my skills and to also be a part of a worldwide coven as I am and have always been a solitary practitioner.

I’m so very glad to have found Spells8!

11 Likes

@August_Wandering
Welcome to spells8. Here you will find like ‘thinking’ people who will never belittle or disrespect you. We’ve all been there and done that.

I have a few suggestions to make the site easier. (although others will be better at describing it.) But one thing is a given. Our learned creator, designer, Francisco, an eclectic is brilliant and always there to help out.

This is my 7 part beginner plan (there’s so much more, but this is a good start.)
1 st the search is where you can find almost anything you’re looking for.
2 nd Don’t shy away from Q&A section, it often answers questions before you think of them.
3 rd Start your courses, they are very instructive and often entertaining. You can have video lessons as well as written.
4 th At the top of this page there are 5 boxes, each is informative and helpful.
5 th RELAX! It may seem overwhelming, and it can be, but one of the lessons you’ll learn is meditation…oh so helpful!
6 th Please visit us on FORUM, we not only love questions, but to get to know each other, well, with kindness and respect.
7 th Here’s the fun part, sit back, get a cup of something warm to drink. Put your feet up and join us in learning the practice of Magick. Plus you can make some amazing friends.

Garnet
Barbyland

7 Likes

Hi @August_Wandering! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

There are loads of fun things to do here on the forum. Check out the Merry Meet Monday- Magick News of the Week post for all the things we’re up to this week. There will be a new weekly challenge up tomorrow and a weekly group ritual on Thursday.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will be by to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

6 Likes

Merry meet @August_Wandering,

I’m really glad you found your way here too- welcome to Spells8! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you are able to find everything you are looking for as you brush up on your witchy skills. The Courses are a great place to deepen knowledge on various aspects of magick, or jump into new areas you hadn’t tried before! :crystal_ball:

You are warmly invited to join any and all ongoing activities here in the forum :blush: There is a group ritual tomorrow (for members only), free readings every Friday, an Energy Exchange Circle, and so much more! There is also a weekly witchy challenge- the next theme will launch later today, but you can check all the previous themes as well as past entries in the Witchy Challenge Masterlist.

Make yourself at home here, Debora! Blessed be :sparkles:

7 Likes

@August_Wandering
Welcome dearie, we happy to have u here too💓

6 Likes

Merry Meet @August_Wandering happy to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I just joined and spells8 is truly a God send

7 Likes

60 is the new 40 I’ve been told :wink:

7 Likes

Merry meet @August_Wandering
I’m Marsha, your neighbor from Colorful Colorado!
I’m so glad you have joined us, welcome home! :infinite_roots:
Blessed Be :triquetra:
:heart:

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the tips. The site isn’t so much overwhelming as it is exciting to see so much knowledge in one place! I am loving it here!

6 Likes

Thank you for the link! I’m excited to participate and I’m sure I’ll get the hang of the weekly activities and communications very soon. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

The courses ARE great! I missed this week’s activities (replacing the ceiling in the RV took up my time) but I’m looking forward to getting into a regular weekly interaction with everyone else here!

5 Likes

Ooh where in Colorado? That’s very close!

5 Likes

Hi @August_Wandering and welcome. I am new here, but have found the materials to be informative and useful. One thing I can say is… there are a lot of wonderful people here.

5 Likes

I live in Pueblo, where do you live?

4 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it soon!

4 Likes

Replacing the ceiling sounds like a big project- I hope everything went well! :blush: And yes- activities run every week, so no worries if other things call you away- there will always be another event the following week! Feel free to jump in whenever you have the time :grinning: :heart:

Blessed be, Debora! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Thank you! I will definitely check it out. I’ve got family in Virginia…it’s where my father was born! :grinning:

5 Likes

:laughing: :rofl: :sweat_smile: :joy:
That’s great!

5 Likes

Cool! I live in WV but I used to love to go to the Outlet Mall in Max Medows, VA. They had a bookstore with great sales on witchy books every once in a while.

5 Likes