Hollywood Witches

I’d say that most people nowadays (in America at least) know that it’s impossible for witches to fly on brooms or turn princes into frogs. I think it’s the depiction of where our Magick comes from that’s the most harmful to our image.
I watched The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina before I started practicing. I tried watching the last two seasons a few months ago and I couldn’t finish it. The witches in that show worship Lucifer (the Devil) and their powers actually come from him. How original. :expressionless:
Their… “Witch’s Thanksgiving” involved choosing a coven member to eat. WTF?!
Even the pagans or hedge witches, who worship Diana, aren’t any better. There were planning to have a bunch of blood sacrifices to Pan on Ostara! I wanted to scream, “No! No! No! That’s NOT what we do on Ostara! At least not today!”

6 Likes

I’d just like to point out that historically that isn’t entirely inaccurate. Sacrifice of animals and even people was prevalent in ancient times in many different cultures, even with the Druids.

5 Likes

You know what is harmful for teens…and certainly adults… FACEBOOK.

5 Likes

@jim i don’t have Facebook lol it’s how I stay married :joy:

6 Likes

I just find it absolutely comical that facebook would think they could let people know what is bad for them. One day the truth will come to light about the poorly developed social experiment of facebook.

3 Likes

Twitter is even worse.

3 Likes

Yes so true… Although i love watching it, its too raunchy for our house house (4 small kids roaming around), so i have to skip a lot of scenes. The devil worshipping part is also something i am not fond of (being Muslim myself)… I guess the only thing is i am the type of person once i start something i am committed to it… Only thing i do wish is there was a school for witches, as in real witchcraft and teaching rather than the Hogwarts version :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing because I love witchy movies. @anneshakargupta

2 Likes

As you might well know @MeganB and @Kasandra, some of this cultures and witches still do blood sacrifices using animals on this days. Like one of the most well-known witches; Bratara from Romania, she use a chicken for certain rituals and exorcism. Mihaela Minca; Bratara’s daughter in law, also and they do follow the seasons celebrations from the wheel of the year. And of course Santeros and Paleros on harvesting times.

4 Likes

I saw the new craft a while ago. And recently watched the remake of the witches. As usual, they always depict witches as self serving, having relationships with Satan and evil and someone to be feared. I found the depiction of them calling upon the elements, as very powerful and showing respect for the power of nature.

5 Likes

I actually didn’t know that Pedros, thank you for sharing!

4 Likes