Homemade Magical Tools

I just used the natural twine thats also wrapped around the outside.

This is the guide I followed

I didn’t do so well with bending the thin birch branches I used, even though they were quite pliable after soaking, but I don’t think it matters that they mostly snapped off.

Still debating adding some extra decoration.

10 Likes

Paper used to be wood!

6 Likes

so beautiful, sometimes i wonder if i should have made mine but for now i am happy with mine…

8 Likes

It’s beautiful!

8 Likes

thank you! :blush: :revolving_hearts:

8 Likes

You’re allowed to have more than one. Some folks use different wands for different purposes, I’m told.

11 Likes

Yes i was just discussing with my daughter about upgrading my wand in the future… I live in Australia and am not much of a tree expert yet so do you have any suggestions what type of tree i should use? I pretty much have a mini forest in my backyard so i may have just the right type , other wise there is a massive bike riding trail surrounded by different trees and bushes.

8 Likes

Well, I’m far from being an expert. I’ve used juniper, because I recently had to trim mine back and I have lots of suitable pieces. From what I have read, almost any wood will do. If you search “best wood for wands” or something like that, you will find sites listing the magical properties of various woods. I would suggest starting by looking at what is available around you and identifying the wood. Then you can research its properties and make a choice. But I’m sure there are other ways, too and others may have better suggestions.

6 Likes

@anon87969570 gave some wonderful advice! I second the idea about looking around and seeing what you have around you :+1: Sometimes- just like with Tarot cards, crystals, or other witchy tools- you’ll just feel that something is right :evergreen_tree: :sparkles:

If you do feel a pull to do research, here’s a list of Sacred Trees and some of their meanings/importance in Celtic traditions. Some trees have medicinal properties too, and I think it’s safe to say that every tree has magickal properties- but these may vary from tradition to tradition.

Good luck and blessed crafting! :deciduous_tree:

9 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So pretty :star_struck: I have something similar to it but was not sure how it was made and fell in love with it the moment I saw it.
I was wondering if you tell me what material you used for your wand!? I saw the paint on it :art:and it is so pretty and I was wondering what the color used? Did you use clay?and what kind of clay!?
Thank you so much, I would love to experiment!
Jeannie

9 Likes

I actually brought this wand off Etsy as i too was not sure about a wand a first and then i saw this one it was both the perfects type of pricing was great…Sorry i couldn’t be of more help… It looks like a type of glue which has been painted…

7 Likes

It’s absolutely amazing and I love :heart: I apologize for asking questions, I just been wondering, I bought this crystal
See

See I went to a metaphysical store and the owner of the store was telling me that this lady makes this Crystal out of clay and she probably put it in keln because crystals don’t have a High Point. They won’t melt and he said she paints it after she puts it in the Keln. I’ll just search it, I need to find out how and everything works lol so one day I have another stick I have been storing for special project!
Thank you :blush:

10 Likes

I love it natural or write some of his sayings of and it.

4 Likes

I recently crafted my own wand - I picked up a branch from a tree in my front yard that caught my eye. From there I used rope, quartz crystal, a small quartz sphere, amethyst, aquamarine, carnelian, sapphire, peridot, black obsidian, purple & black ribbon, black leather, a Witch charm, moon charm, moon phase charm, Virgo charm, Peridot birthstone charm, scissors, and a glue gun!!

9 Likes

That’s a beautiful wand, @michelle13 – I love how it’s personal to you. That purple is gorgeous, too! :purple_heart: I can tell you put a lot of thought and love into its design. Great job!

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to share about your wand for this week’s challenge!
:wand_tarot: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Wonderful Wands

5 Likes

Wow that looks pretty good!

6 Likes

@katherine3 Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I’m Tracy from England. Nice to see you. :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Wicca and Mixed-Race Families?

Oh wow this on is even more pretty!!! I need you to make mine… lol

5 Likes