1 cup orange juice
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

Step 1

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.

Step 2

Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.

Step 3

In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey, oil, eggs, and orange zest. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the orange juice, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into the prepared pan.

Step 4

Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

Nutritional Facts:

Per Serving:
360 calories; protein 5g; carbohydrates 62.6g; fat 11g; cholesterol 62mg; sodium 264.5mg

Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.

8 Likes

Thank you! We will definitely be making this!

8 Likes

You’re welcome! I hope it goes okay for you!

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing!!! I will definitely make that!! :heart:

7 Likes

Everything is better with a bit of honey in it :yum::honey_pot:

I saw the first patch of dandelions at the train station yesterday- hopefully the bees aren’t too far behind! :honeybee: Perhaps a cake like this will help welcome them and all the lovely things of spring :blossom:

Thanks so much for the recipe, @Amethyst! :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing this recipe i will make sure to try this!

7 Likes

Cool! I hope you like it!

Yay for dandelions! Those are some of the bees’ first food in spring, so the bees should be waking up. Glad you liked the recipe!

You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy it!

7 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Plants that attract shadows and spirits

Blessed Beltane! My family and I started our day with warm slices of honey cake straight from the oven! We enjoyed it outside on our porch, listening to the birds and watching a pair build a nest!

Thanks again for the recipe! It is lovely and light! We were out of oranges, so I skipped the zest, but it is still amazing! My kids said it is amazing and that I should make it all the time.

Processing: CBD9674C-36B6-42C3-87F5-0FA18EDB7668.jpeg…

5 Likes

That’s great! I’m always glad to hear someone like the recipes and got good use out of them. Just wait until you see today’s recipe!

4 Likes

That sounds amazing- what a great (and tasty!) way to celebrate Beltane! :partying_face: :cake: :heart:

3 Likes