Honoring our Fallen

FB_IMG_1685388223600

15 Likes

Thank you for that. It’s beautiful!

9 Likes

I hope all friends in the US who celebrated the holiday had a lovely Memorial Day! :pray: :heart: :candle:

6 Likes

This is beautiful. We have Remembrance Day known as Poppy Day, November 11 (lest we forget is the moto) here in England. It’s good to remember. They made the ultimate sacrifice. :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

In the US, November 11 is Veteran’s Day – also honored with poppies! Memorial Day is about those that have fallen while Veteran’s Day is about all veterans, living and crossed over. I didn’t realize that England honored the same day!

5 Likes

Interesting. In May in Canada we have Victoria Day on the Monday between the 18th and 24th. To celebrate Queen Victoria’s birthday and also celebrate current King’s birthday.

Really, it is drinking, bbqing, and planting, at least for the people I know.

On November 11th we have Remembrance Day.

I like that the States has a day to honour the departed and a day to honour all veterans.

4 Likes

@MeganB yes that’s nice about memorial Day. It’s good to remember. I don’t think we have that here. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

@MeganB its also the Marine Corps birthday too

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.