House Rules For Spirit Keeping

Here is a list of rules I created for those getting into spirit keeping/spirit companionship/spirit work.

House Rules/Boundaries

1. Never harm or show disrespect to myself, my significant other, any other member of my family, friends, or welcome household guests.
  2. Never harm any children or pets.
  3. Never show yourself to anyone besides myself in your true form, unless your true form is something that would not scare them (Example: If it is a child, appear as something child-friendly.)
  4. Sexual contact is only welcome with me and will not be permitted with anyone else.
  5. Protect yourself at all times. If something comes up and I can do something about it, I will help.
  6. Do your part for the highest good of the household, including all spirits, entities, astral beings & others. All living people, spirits, entities, astral beings & others shall work at living together peacefully. Bullying won’t be tolerated, if you have an issue, contact me.
  7. We work as a team, with me being the team leader. If you have suggestions, tell me. If you are unsure of my wishes, ask me or look within.
  8. No twisting my words.
  9. No lying. Do not pretend to be something/someone you are not. Do not make anything up to make someone else look bad.
  10. Disarm malicious magic that is sent my way by someone else or that is around by circumstance.
  11. Keep watch over property & always be ready to act against any pending issue.
  12. Help identify any possible conflicts. Help judge the character of people, spirits, entities, astral beings & others around us.
  13. The dog’s name is Toby, he is very friendly. Feel free to talk, interact, pet, or play with him whenever you wish. But please be gentle and try not to scare him.
8 Likes

A very interesting list, thanks for sharing @carter1! :blush: Out of curiosity, is there a ritual you use to bind the spirit to these rules? And is there a mirroring set of rules that the spirit asks of their human companion/counterpart?

I guess I’m curious if working with spirits is more like working with deities, or if it’s closer to how a witch makes a mutually-beneficial contract with their familiar, or another type of bond entirely.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this! Thanks again and blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes