How many spells are too many spells in one day?

Still learning a lot and love love LOVE practicing what I am learning, so I was wondering if it would be okay to do like 3-4 spells a day? Will it be draining? Or is it frowned upon in any way?

For example, yesterday I did one green candle spell, one bay leaf spell, then I did the boost your confidence spell (fearless sigil). I felt so great after the last one. But I just don’t want to “push it” so to speak. So that’s why I am asking LOL.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

10 Likes

Great question, following. Sometimes I’m in the mood to do it, and I hold back thinking it’s too much.

8 Likes

It’s going to depend entirely on you. I don’t suggest doing too many spells at once for a few reasons.

1. It definitely could be draining, especially if you don’t have a solid foundation of energy work, grounding, and cleansing.

2. Part of the process of learning is writing about what you’ve done and waiting for the results. If you’ve got too much going on at one time, you may lose track of the spells you’ve done!

Ultimately it’s going to depend on what you’re comfortable with.

11 Likes

That makes total sense, @MeganB

With regards to energy work, I have been meditating for a few years and also practicing Reiki for a couple of years, although not as often as I would like to (Reiki).

I am mostly doing prosperity and money related spells recently, and I guess that when we ask the Universe to give us something, we should let go and allow it to come to us. If we keep asking, it means we don’t believe in it. So I am guessing spells works the same way? It’s just that the spells are so much fun to practice and I can’t help myself sometimes hahaha

Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is going to depend on who you ask! For me, spells are not me putting my request out into the universe and letting the universe give it to me. My spells come from me, my energy, and the energy of the spirits I work with. In my practice, if a spell isn’t successful then that means I either did something wrong or my Gods intervened for one reason or another.

Some people believe that spells are just like prayers to the Universe. If that’s the case, then yeah, I could see how asking too many times could affect the spell :laughing: sort of like my daughter asking me the same question multiple times and expecting a different answer!

10 Likes

Hmm that’s interesting. I’ve always thought spells are like a combination of LOA and the strength of the belief and energy. I have a lot to learn :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ahh, yeah, so LOA and witchcraft definitely are two different things :sweat_smile: I actually wrote a post about the Law of Attraction and my thoughts on it a while ago if you want to read it. It is biased, so keep that in mind. I’m not a huge fan of a lot of the teachings of LoA but I explain that in my post, too. I’ll link it here for you!

8 Likes

Awesome post! And I agree with you on the negative aspects of it.

6 Likes

My approach to LOA and magic both is that neither is a guarantee. I agree that we move towards what we focus on. Focusing on positive things moves you in a positive direction, but doesn’t guarantee your destination. Focusing on negative things traps you there, slrt of like thinking about an ex every day and playing songs that remind you of them and wondering why you’re not moving on.

We may be discovering the power of our intent and becoming more powerful, but none of us is omnipotent. There are other forces in play in every outcome. By our practice of the craft, we are doing everything we can to achieve an outcome, even though the desired outcome isn’t guaranteed. We maximize the probability to the extent that we can, but there are still things that can interfere. Just because I’m fully ready and have done everything to be prepared to stain my deck on a certain day doesn’t mean it won’t rain.

I don’t know if that makes sense outside of my head, but I tried!

7 Likes

I would have to agree as i had tried a few spells in one day and noticed a few days later i was so exhausted and didn’t realise why…

6 Likes