How to have a lovely evening or don't try this at home

Last night when getting ready to go to bed, we let the dogs out to go potty like we always do. They come in and out all day through the doggie door but at night we shut the door,

All of a sudden, Gracie (the pit bull) comes running in soo fast, looking so sheepish.
Then the smell hit…she had tangled with a skunk…skunk won. OMG, stink!

Soooo the last part of the night was getting her clean and burning almost all my incense at once…ha ha ha

4 Likes

LOL :rofl:

Nag Champa to the rescue!

il_570xN.1738111120_axwk

3 Likes

Thank goodness I had a few hundred sticks, it sure came in handy!

2 Likes

Been there done that…lol

4 Likes

Ohhhhh noooo!!! :joy: Poor Gracie :dog::skunk:! And poor you, too- it sounds like you all had a very wild night!

Thank goodness for incense :+1:. If the smell still lingers (or you run out of incense!) a pot of water on the stove with orange/lemon, apples, cinnamon sticks, and a blend of whatever warm spices you have on hand (nutmeg, allspice, cardamom) may be heady enough to drown out the lingering scent… although the fine print for this scent blend is that it will definitely make you hungry! :pie::yum::two_hearts:

Stinky skunk smells tend to stick around for quite a while- best of luck to all of you! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

It’s times like this that I’m glad I have a teeny chihuahua who primarily uses puppy training pads for her potty so I don’t have to take her out in the dark!! :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

This seems like a very convenient idea- no worries about skunk encounters for you and your chihuahua! :grin: :+1:

3 Likes