Huge journal/BoS

I saw one like mine at the Texas Renfest last year for $300. I think I got mine fir $45 on Etsy. Lol!

7 Likes

This is my 11 X 14 BOS and it’s a scrapbook too.

10 Likes

I meant to reply to your thoughtful reply but yesterday got away from me!

Thank you! I appreciate your time in responding. I will also admit I spent a few hours down the Commonplace book rabbit hole :laughing: Such a delightful idea that I didn’t even know existed. Yes, this is pretty much what I am currently doing with my journal.

I also appreciate your hide-in-the-open advice. You’re right, I don’t think my SO questions my journal or its contents but knows that I do like to write and record things. I was on the Bullet Journal train for a few years and carried that around recording everything, so this isn’t much of an outward change.

That is definitely where I am at this point in my life. I have made a decision on my path but it’s mine alone and I don’t care to make sure everyone who comes in contact with me knows it. In my 20s, I felt like every new thought, idea, or belief I had needed to be shared with everyone :laughing: I was a bit much.

:closed_book: :open_book: :heart:

7 Likes

#truthbomb. We all did. At least I did too! I mellowed a lot thankfully :white_heart:. Im so happy you appreciate the commonplace book rabbit hole! :rabbit:. It’s good company! :open_book:

7 Likes

I didn’t start in my 20s but my first year was very much like this! I wrote EVERYTHING down, lol. Now I’m much more discerning, especially with what goes into my BoS. I use my Book of Mirrors to write down things like book quotes that really catch my attention or my thoughts. I also have a composition notebook for trial spells/recipes that I can make modifications to the page. Once I have it in a final state, then I transfer it to my BoS. Part of this is because I have perfectionist tendency from childhood trauma. I am trying to break this by allowing myself to make mistakes in my BoM and not using correction tape/whiteout. Seeing the strike-outs does make my skin itch but it is not as bad as when I first started, lol.

6 Likes

Ok, I officially love him! Such a great video, so glad you shared it and put me down the right rabbit hole ! :rabbit2: :heart:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.