I am new & would like suggestions ☺

hello everyone…my name is amanda and i am from mississippi and i am new to spells8…please feel free to give me any pointers as i do not have clue as to what i am doing on here…thank you and i look forward to meeting everone…

8 Likes

Welcome @amanda71! Nice to meet you! I am from Cape Cod & an eclectic witch here in the forum.

You mentioned that you have no idea what you are doing, no worries at all, most of us can relate to that feeling at one point or another in our practices. I would start with the courses are a great place to start to get you going. From there you can ask any questions :question: you may have within the forum. Someone will be along to help get you pointed in the right direction.

Feel free to jump in on any topic or start your own if you have any questions or information to share with us! :infinite_roots:

Take your time & go slow, please ask questions about anything that comes to mind. Someone will be happy to assist you! :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Hi @amanda71! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I second going through the courses, they won’t steer you wrong! Also, keep an eye out for a post tomorrow called Merry Meet Monday - Magick News of the Week. It has all the activities we’ve got going on and will help you get started getting to know others in the coven by chatting down in the comments.

The activities are usually pretty easy to do, so don’t be shy starting, just pick one and go with it! You learn a lot by doing. As the lovely @Susurrus said if you have any questions just ask and someone will try to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

6 Likes

Hello @amanda71! I am a Novice witch myself. I joined Spells8 because of the courses, so I agree start there. I love the forum - Infinity Roots Coven (I believe that is correct?), the members are so kind, supportive, and responsive. My nugget of advice is follow your curiosity and build a little at a time. I started with crystals, moved on to Esabbats, added celebrating Sabbats, and now I am exploring teas and candles.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome :infinite_roots: @amanda71
I am Marsha an eclectic witch from Colorado. I’m so glad you have joined us. You are in the right place to learn more because there is a lot of information here. I agree with what’s already been posted: courses and questions are the best way to get started.
Love :heart: and Magick :dizzy:

5 Likes

I think the easiest start would be to make some moon water! Which you can use to water plants, in tea, as an offering on an altar or as a base for a spray, like sage spray. There is a recipe on the forum for solar salt, too. I have enjoyed that batch I made for months. It always gives me a lift to open the jar and smell it. Jar spells are pretty easy. The tea spells are nice.

5 Likes

@amanda71
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
You’ve embarked on a new and exciting journey.
I have a few ‘suggestions to make the site easier’. (although others will be better at describing it.) But one thing is a given. Our learned creator, designer, Francisco, an eclectic is brilliant and always there to help out.
This is my 7 part beginner plan (there’s so much more, but this is a good start.)
1st the search is where you can find almost anything you’re looking for.
2nd Don’t shy away from Q&A section, it often answers questions before you think of them.
3rd Start your courses, they are very instructive and often entertaining. You can have video lessons as well as written.
4th At the top of this page there are 5 boxes, each is informative and helpful.
5th RELAX! It may seem overwhelming, and it can be, but one of the lessons you’ll learn is meditation to relax…oh so helpful!
6th Please visit us on FORUM, we not only love questions, but to get to know each other, well, with kindness and respect.
7th Here’s the fun part, sit back, get a cup of something warm to drink. Put your feet up and join us in learning the practice of Magick. Plus you can make some amazing friends.
Blessed be, with much love
Garnet - Magical Extrordinaire

6 Likes

Merry meet @amanda71,

Welcome to the forum! :blush:

I can see you’ve already got some great pointers from others- just want to chime in and say you’re already off to a great start and are in the right place! I know it can see overwhelming at first, but, like Siofra said, taking it one step at a step is the way to go. And you’re not alone- you have a whole coven here to help you along your magickal journey! :sparkling_heart:

If you are new to casting spells, I recommend taking a peek at the Spellcasting 101 Guide. It has some great (and encouraging) information for witches that can help you jump in and cast your first spells.

Spellcasting 101 Guide
Spellcasting-online-course-360x240

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! Make yourself at home here :infinite_roots: :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

@amanda71 hi hon. Welcome to a wonderful community. U can learn alot here. If u have questions just ask. Im in NC.

Do u know what kind of pointers u want? Definitely look at the courses. They are wonderfully put together.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.