I decided to get crafty

I honestly didn’t know where to post this, so I thought here. I’m an artist through and through, even having a BA in writing :writing_hand:. I also dabble in all sorts of arts and crafts from music to painting to beading. Today, I thought I’d mix my craft with my craftiness and I began to create my God and Goddess idols from scratch. It’s been awhile since I’ve worked with clay, so I hope they turn out well. The pieces below will be their pedestals.

16 Likes

How very neat looking! Very artsy! I look forward to seeing the finished project!

7 Likes

Wooooowwwwww ohmygosh so pretty! I can’t wait to see them when they’re finished! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Oohlalalala very nice! I love them! I also would like to see the finished project.

7 Likes

This is amazing!! Hand-crafting is probably the most powerful way to connect with the Deities, as we were discussing in this topic: May have found my Diety to work with

@brenda10 You’re channeling their energy right here and now, and you will know that it was your own hands that created this wonderful gift to your deities.

Kudos!! :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

That looks so awesome!!

6 Likes

I attached them to their pedestals today. 2 more days before I can paint. I’m unsure what color.

10 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: the details are just stunning! I’m seeing some kind of pinkypurpleybluey something going on with gold stars for the Goddess and greenybrowns for the God but that’s just me - meditate on it! They could be beautiful in any colour! Black with white details? Neutral tones all over? Eek the possibilities are endless! :heart:

5 Likes

Oh WOW! These are awesome!

6 Likes

Love it! I cant wait to see what color(s) you choose!

4 Likes

Brawo, @brenda10! :clap: What a great idea- and they came out so lovely and charming! Can’t wait to see the painted and finished products- they will look amazing on your altar :blush: Thanks for sharing your creative crafts! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Wow. That’s going to be so great! I bet they’re really going to be pretty and powerful when you’re done with them!

5 Likes

I’m hoping to paint them tomorrow

7 Likes

I really like how the smoke is coming out of the cauldron!! Great work!!

7 Likes

i had a mishap while painting. Not all is lost. I’ll fix the goddess before finishing the paint work.

7 Likes

fixed for now. Final touches later. With a paint brush instead. Lol

9 Likes

That looks great! I love the purple and red together. It’s really coming along.

6 Likes

I really like how the gold stands out, too.

6 Likes

It looks great! Awesome job!

6 Likes

Ta-dah! That was some very clever rescuing, Brenda- and now look how lovely they are! :two_hearts: I love the contrast in colors between them, and the details in black and gold came out so nice! What will you be doing for the final touches? Can’t wait to see! :grinning:

4 Likes