I finally did it!

Hi all, so as some of you know I have limited space in my home and had a spare room full of items my husband has been hoarding over the past 6 years. Yesterday after my book of shadows fell off the table once more due to limited space, I put my foot down and took a stand and decided to clear out the room to make it my sacred space… it wasn’t easy and believe me there was dust and mould that could kill, but I stuck to it and after 13 long hours yesterday and 5 more hours today it’s complete…
I had a bit of a set back as there was a storm with hail and our furniture got wet and my husband kept bringing thing back in so it made a lot more work for me as I had to clean the dining room after I made the move, however with a little negotiating I decided to leave the guest foldable mattresses, pillows and blankets stacked in a nice pile in my new sacred room so they didn’t get wet. I also wanted to paint the room navy with glitter, but hubby refused so I settled for a galaxy starty projector light that I ordered (thanks @Temujin_Calidius for the idea)
Here is a before, during and after pics… :blush:

21 Likes

Oh just so you know it is also my study too so that’s why the extra shelf for space to be able to have my witchy things and study things separate…

12 Likes

You’re awesome @TheMuslimWitch - putting that foot down and finally doing something for yourself!

Awesome on the star night projector too, aren’t they cool?

Proud of you :slight_smile:

Tem

12 Likes

I’m happy for or you that you did something for yourself! I think it’s well worth it because it looks great :relaxed:

10 Likes

Thank you @Temujin_Calidius, by doing so i knew i would be stepping in dangerous territory and even though i am still getting grief from my husband, he has sort of kept more quiet than i expected as i think deep down he too likes the fact that there is more room

10 Likes

Thanks it is defiantly a big improvement from all the stuff piled up to the roof… :blush:

12 Likes

Looks great!

9 Likes

Great job! I’m so happy to hear you now have space for yourself…. Put a lock on the door :rofl: I’m joking but I am extremely happy to see this.

11 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch ~ Way to go!! I’m so glad to see you empowering yourself!! Great job!! :heart:

10 Likes

It may seem small to you, but the fact that you stood up for yourself and did something just for you is something to be absolutely proud of. I’m so proud of you! :partying_face: The room looks great and I’m sure it’ll be wonderful to work and study in :star:

8 Likes

Wow. That looks great! I’m so proud of you for doing all that hard work and standing up for yourself. Way to go!

8 Likes

Wow @TheMuslimWitch that is so good of you and this inspires me, to clean up my computer room, since covid everything ends up in there.

8 Likes

This is so inspiring @TheMuslimWitch. So happy you did this. Now you have your own space and you can spent so much more time for yourself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: happy you did this, despite of all the hard work. A job well done.

Blessed Be💫

8 Likes

Thank you i will defiantly be able to enjoy this personal space and get the most out of my practice :blush:

6 Likes

I swear this was my exact thought and now there is more space the kids have been using it to do summersaults :woman_facepalming: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: But seriuosly i am just happy to have made such an effort but now the big task lays ahead with overdue assessments and weekly study :pensive: :grimacing:

7 Likes

Thank you i am happy too and now hubby has gotten over the little tantrum i have to figure out what to do with all the furniture before the weather takes another turn…

5 Likes

You can do it! Now you have your space, use it to your advantage. It has a door also, for when you need that “me” time for a specific ritual and in particular, to study and finish your degree.

You can buy replacement door knobs from bunnings with lock and key too. So you have the key to your room and no one should enter without right intentions or your permission. You can lock yourself inside too when you need that time to yourself.

Http://www.bunnings.com.au

Tem

7 Likes

Thank you it defiantly will be… It was actually @Temujin_Calidius who gave me inspiration from his renovations in his room and i thought “wow i have been wanting to clear that room to make space for ages why not now since now i actually have a reason (my craft) to do so”… So after 2 long days and feeling like a car hit me it complete and couldn’t be more happier… Only thing o dread is the rest of the cleaning and my kids room is next…

8 Likes

I was thinking about doing that only hard thing is we did that for the bathroom door but doesn’t stop the smaller kids from getting a butter knife and opening it… That would be excellent to have it all to myself, but at the same time it would be impossible since now it is also used as a prayer room for everyone…

7 Likes

I meant a proper lock and key, not the bathroom ones.

But yep that was another recommendation I would have mentioned for the room. Making it a prayer room which makes it so your other half also has a use for it and makes it a sacred space for the whole family.

Tem

8 Likes