I got a couple of new gifts

So since I have to be in quarantine for covid I decided to do a little shopping and one of my items arrived today

But I received another gift today too. This one has me stumped and lot gonna lie slightly suspicious.i do not know this lady though when I looked her up on Facebook she appears to be an older lady from Springfield Illinois but I don’t have any connections to her but what’s even more strange her choice in items that she sent. I’m not sure if she knows about me (though I’d assume if she has my address then she must know a good bit about me), if she is a witch herself or possibly just likes the necklace but a former friend of mine who introduced me to the craft once told me to be cautious about receiving gifts from other witches in the mail because they could be sending you a hex/jinx/curse etc.

Sorry the picture is upside down. It turned that way when I uploaded it for some reason. What do y’all think? Should I be worried? I really love the necklace and I don’t want to destroy it so is there possibly something I could do to undo anything negatively that could possibly be done to it and still keep it or should I just chunk it? I have some uncrossing oil I thought perhaps I could anoint it with but if it won’t help then I’d rather not waste the oil or what little energy covid hasn’t sucked out of me

7 Likes

I’ve never heard about sending hexes in the mail. Why would she do that anyhow? It’s a beautiful necklace, I’d cleanse it with smoke and wear it with pride.

7 Likes

So Phoenix isn’t your “government name” (I won’t tell). Where else besides here have you used it? That might help narrow down where this person knows you from. Was the package addressed to Phoenix? Or government you? Could be another clue. Are you sure there isn’t another Lynette Atkinson? Perhaps someone here? If you have a return address there is an old ritual you might try: send her a thank you card and ask her how she knows you.

But mostly, I agree with my state-mate Amethyst. Cleanse it, bless it and wear it!

6 Likes

@Undomeher I use phoenix on Facebook as well… Basically everywhere I don’t need my legal name just because the social security office won’t let me change it legally. I cleansed it and hit it with some uncrossing oil and I’ve decided to wear it

6 Likes

Ohhhh that looks like a gorgeous coloring book, @phoenix_dawn! :heart_eyes: May it help to fill your quarantine with color and make the time fly by :dove::rainbow:

As for the gift, it’s a beautiful handwritten card and necklace- seems like a lot of trouble and care were spent on it. I think it would need to be an extremely sinister and twisted person to go through all that hassle and work to do something as cruel as a hex… I think it’s much more likely that you have a friend reaching out from afar :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When it doubt, cleanse it! If you’ve purified the necklace and don’t sense any ill intent then I’d say relax and enjoy it- it is a truly lovely gift :heart::blush:

6 Likes

I think she was just being nice and gave you a free necklace. I wouldn’t worry about it! If you are concerned, you could cleanse it with smoke like protective herbs, incense or cedar/dragon’s blood bundles. Your oil would definitely work, too!!! Say a protective chant while anointing it.
Nice coloring book by the way! :wink:

6 Likes

Oh ok I just saw this!!! Told you there’s nothing to worry about!

6 Likes

I want to be like a Sunflower
So that even on the darkest day
I will stand tall and find the sun

After studying this document for a time, I think this woman is making a statement or an affirmation. I see no danger in the poem, nor the necklace.

6 Likes

@Garnet thats how I took it too. I think she was just being nice.

6 Likes

I totally agree, like one of those feel-good cards.
Bless it, kiss it and put it around you neck.

6 Likes