I have 100s of babies this morning!

This morning my praying mantis eggs hatched and I woke up to find hundreds of sweet little praying critters. I released them into my garden in the back and there is a huge field behind my house so they will have plenty of food. (Or provide food :persevere: circle of life and all that) So amazing to see these tiny delicate babies.

13 Likes

That’s so amazing! We had a clutch of praying mantis eggs in our greenhouse when we lived in Oregon. I was amazed when they all hatched and little babies were everywhere! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Wow, congrats mantis mama! :partying_face: Goodness, that is a lot of babies- wishing them all the best on their adventure of life. Go and thrive, little mantises (manti?) :laughing: :+1:

6 Likes

That is really awesome! Did you buy the eggs? I see adults sometimes but its kinda rare.
Congratulations!! :lady_beetle: :herb:

5 Likes

Tiny cuties! :relaxed:

4 Likes

So very cool! Congrats on the bunches and bunches of babies! I adore praying mantises.

5 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage Yeah, I bought them at the local Lowe’s.

I was worried about them today because it was raining but they are all fine, hanging out in all the leaves. :leaves:

6 Likes

How Divine! Look at those tiny, perfect little things! I adore mantises, though I’ve never seen a baby! Thank you for sharing!

6 Likes

Thats so lovely! Love seeing people giving back to mother earth. Great job :star_struck: :blush:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.