I have been blessed…now who do I honor and thank?

I started my journey here in late January early February. I was a mess from the pandemic and searching for something to calm my anxiety. I had dabbled with the craft in my late teens to early 30’s, I am now 58.

I cast my first real spell in May, (I had performed two cord cuttings prior but I see that as a release not wanting for something for myself); specifically the Mew Moon Money Spell posted on the website. I’m completely in shock and still don’t believe it happed. I have MS, I have a cognitive impairment, fatigue, balance issues etc. I go to the hospital twice a month for IViG infusions, I was fully vaccinated however I still do not have the antibodies to protect me from COVID-19 so I need to limit my exposure to people and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

My husband and I own a cooking school, and have for 11 years. So as you can imagine the pandemic really put a stop to that. We went form working 6-7 days a week to NOTHING!! It did teach us a lesson, we were working way too much! My husband also has a demanding day job. We had toyed with the idea of applying for SSDI prior to the pandemic but did not think we had a chance of qualifying.

So I applied for Ssdi in March 2021 and holy crap I was approved a few days ago. Did not even go to court! Business is picking up at a rapid pace and we will need to hire someone to do some of the things I’m not capable of doing. Meantime our adult daughters are helping.

What a relief!! I was such a mess I was actually tearing apart my skin from scratching my arms are all scared but its ok!! It’s all ok, it’s all going to be ok!!

Thanks to all the great folks involved in this site, all of the people who post in this forum. It has truly brought me peace. I now meditate daily and I’m off meds for anxiety. Sleeping better (thank you Mugwort and Chamomile). Life is so much better.

So who do I thank? What gods or goddesses, should I make an offering. I don’t know why but I feel like I should but don’t know where to start. I’m so grateful for this blessing, I know I’m lucky because there are so many folks out there struggling with so many things and the pandemic is just adding to their stress and struggles.

HUGS to all of you!!

9 Likes

You could do a general gratitude spell or ritual if you didn’t specifically work with a deity.

This one is for the New Moon which just passed, but you could make adaptations for what you are doing. :heart:

I was going through the thick of it & landed in some high stress over the last few months & I did the New Moon Money Spell also & it came to fruition with some interest! I worked with Brigid & Artemis during that time I was doing the spells & rituals. I set up an altar for them & did meditation for gratitude.

I’m happy that so many things are working out for you now! That has to be a great feeling! I hope you have a great day!

7 Likes

You can just do a verbal thanks to the Universe, or than the Lord and Lady, or whoever it is you pray to. It doesn’t have to be complicated, just that it’s from the heart.

I’m so glad things are working out for you!

7 Likes

The Charge of the Goddess says: “All acts of love and pleasure are my rituals (…) Nor do I demand sacrifice, for behold I am the Mother of All Living, and my love is poured out upon the earth.”

You can find any personal way to give thanks, whether crafting an altar, making an offering, or simply raising your palms towards the moon and thanking the Goddess for her blessings in your life. :raised_hands: :full_moon:

Maybe write a letter of thanks and burn it symbolically. Or write a song, a poem, make an illustration, or plant a seed. :seedling:

Whatever you do, it doesn’t have to be elaborate. A simple “Thank you” if it comes from the heart will suffice.

8 Likes

I definitely agree, just pour out some words straight from your heart, thanking the Lord and Lady.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that you were going through such a tough time @malinda, but I’m so glad that your fortunes have improved and that you are doing much better now! :heart:

I agree with what everyone else has mentioned, if you don’t currently work with a deity and didn’t invoke one to bring about this change, I’d say that general gratitude spells are likely the best way to share your thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If you work with nature/natural forces, you might even consider giving back to the earth to show your gratitude. A few easy ways to do so could be by planting a tree :deciduous_tree: , donating time to clean up litter :recycle: , or making an eco-friendly offering :open_hands: .

Big hugs back to you- wishing you all the best! :sparkles:

8 Likes