I made my book of shadows

So, I’ve always wanted to try bookbinding. When I found out about a book of shadows, I saw it as an opportunity! It’s not the best quality, but I kind of like it.

19 Likes

That looks great, good job!

9 Likes

Wow. That’s awesome! You go!

9 Likes

That’s awesome! Good for you :grinning:

9 Likes

Great job! Book binding is something I’ve been wanting to try as well one day. My current BOS is a large 3 ring binder at the moment.

9 Likes

So cool! My grimoire is a pretty decent representation of me: scattered across a binder and about three other notebooks :joy:.

Is this your first try at bookbinding? I’m seriously impressed!

9 Likes

Great job! It looks amazing!

8 Likes

That is great!!! :+1::grinning:

8 Likes

Very nice!

8 Likes

How crafty @Bridge you have quite a talent!

8 Likes

Love handmade items gives them more of that magickal quality. Your book of shadows looks great, you should be proud! :blush:

7 Likes

Mine is a hard bound sketchbook that I have personalized. I’m very impressed with your’s.

8 Likes

Love job I love them for their uniqueness to each you. They are gorgeous :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

For those of you interested in bookbinding, there are lots of videos and sites showing different methods. It takes a little practice and organization, but anyone can learn to do it. The first time never goes as well as you’d like.

Hollanders is a great place to get supplies. I like it better than hobby stores because they have everything and I don’t have to spend an hour hunting down what I want only to learn they’re out of stock.

Embossing and gilding your finished product is much harder I think - I’ll let you know when I master it! It’s fun to make things with your hands because it gives you a real understanding of what it takes and what all goes into it to build and create, rather than buy from amazon or etsy.

8 Likes

Wow, @Bridge- your BoS turned out amazing! :heart_eyes: Bookbinding looks like a lot of work, but it is so cool to be able to hold a book that you made yourself. Congrats to you! :partying_face:

That is a gorgeous book you have @Torista! :heart_eyes:

And a big thank you to @anon87969570 for sharing the bookbinding resources- Hollanders has some amazing tools! Looks like everything someone would need to take up bookbinding as a serious hobby or business :star_struck: :books:

6 Likes

Oh wow @anon87969570, I may not make it a business, but another craft to add to my list of DIY. That’s a great link for supplies! Thank you! :hugs:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.