I need some advice

Does anyone know of a spell/ritual that helps with depression? I have this issue that keeps arising. Something happened in the past and ya know, the saying goes to have no regrets. I’ve learned from all my mistakes eventually. I’m not ready to explain. Basically, I have unresolved trauma. I end up getting depressed and I’ve always had night terrors and flashbacks. I’m not sure how to handle it. I know talking helps. But I can’t talk to no one near me. If anyone can help, I’d greatly appreciate it!

5 Likes

@christina4 being a newbie I don’t know of any spell/ritual yet, but Im sure someone wiser than I in this area will give you some help. I can offer you solace in the sense of a confidant, as a fellow bearer of emotional turmoil, I am here for you as a listener, as a friend, as a comforting presence.
I am sending you positive healing light and love!

3 Likes

Oh you’re so sweet! Seriously, I appreciate you! I’ll message you in Instagram a little later. I’m so tired, I’ve got to take a nap. I have a rare disorder to where I’m always tired.:yawning_face::sleeping:It’s hard with 4 kids.

3 Likes

Hi @christina4!

First, the non-Magickal answer:

If it’s depression, seek professional help. Are you in therapy at the moment? If so, do you find that’s helping at all?

The Magickal answer: Mind, body and spirit are metaphysically interconnected :link: and anything that benefits one aspect will benefit all three.

Do a deep cleaning of your space and your body. Dust and sweep every room. You can use sea salt and a broom or a charcoal mixture. Also see the waterfall ward here. :sweat_drops:

When you’re done, take a warm bath with sea salt, Epsom salt, pink or Himalayan salt, and lavender. Light candles and incense with the lights turned down and play your favorite guided meditations. Meditation is an essential part of Magick and it can do wonders.

Try spending more time in nature, go for a hike everyday and exercise.

If you have a deity, connect with them on your altar as much as you can. When you have any bad thoughts about yourself, think about what your God/Goddess would say in response. It’s very much like talking to yourself as you would a friend. Try writing these thoughts down and journaling!

3 Likes

Hi, I hope you are okay. If you need someone to talk to or to vent to, I am always here to listen. I know you said there is no one near you that you can talk to. Please don’t hesitate to reach out though if you need to.

I have had recent luck with counseling and going for a walk on our bike path with a friend of mine. It doesn’t matter what we talk about or if we talk at all, it feels good and we push each other to go every week. It was hard at first getting out and doing it, but once we did it felt really good. I don’t know if counseling would be something that is helpful for you.

I don’t know of any spells or rituals because I am still kind of new to this, but what about some music and reaching out to your deity or maybe a guided meditation to help you sort through the thoughts surrounding what happened? I have been through trauma and I know what it’s like to not be ready to speak about it. I rarely want to myself. But if it would help, I would talk to you if you wanted.
:heavy_heart_exclamation:
I also use a journal that is sort of an off shoot of my BOS. Any thoughts about any subjects that arise I write them down in there and close it up. Sometimes it’s good to just release the thoughts and feelings into words that way.
:star_and_crescent:
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
:star2: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’ve recently had a bad bought of depression and I did the Uncrossing Ritual, which seemed to help. But it may just be the fact that I did it with a counselor talking to me and got my medicines adjusted some. Now I’m doing much better.

I know that it’s hard to go to the doctor, especially if you’re not ready to talk. You can talk about other things though if you want. If you can’t do that, maybe read a book on PTSD. And we are always here to listen.

I hope this helps @christina4. ~HUGS~

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I did have Francisco send a link to a book on PTSD. I am diagnosed with it. I do feel a little better now. I fear that it could happen again and I won’t be able to handle it. I have a plan, to read the book, do a new moon ritual, and call it a night. Thanks again! :pray::v::star2::dizzy::new_moon:

4 Likes

I did do a meditation. And that made me feel more like myself. I’m going to read on how to handle it better than being stuck.

3 Likes

I’m happy that you feel more like yourself. If you ever need someone to talk to you, just let me know.
Hugs
Love and Light :star2: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

You’re welcome @christina4! I hope that book helps you. ~HUGS~

3 Likes

Christina 4, I do not pretend to understand your feelings, yet if you have tried herbal teas or tinctures and they do not help, I’m a big believer in psychopharmacology. I am leading a normal, fairly happy life after traumas. With a psychologist and psychiatrist, I have been “normal” for at least 15 years. Brain chemistry is a tricky thing. There are many herbal solutions you might want to try. But, if you ever feel suicidal go the chemical route. All drugs are made from plants, herbs, and chemicals first found in nature. Others my have other suggestions, but I hope you find what you need. Remember feelings do not make you a bad person, or a person who deserves shame. Love yourself, and explore your options.

3 Likes

You’ve got a lot of good recommendations and lots of love and support here, @christina4 ! I’m sending you my warm wishes and good thoughts as well :pray::two_hearts:

It is absolutely okay if you aren’t ready to talk about it yet, but maybe listening to some other stories will help you to feel supported? Sometimes knowing you aren’t alone in your struggle can help you feel more secure. @SilverBear started a great (and deep) discussion about mental health in magickal practice. You can read through her inspirational story and input from others in this post:

@MeganB also talks a lot about mental health, and has this great post on having an anxious brain. The post is about the pandemic, but I found a lot of her advice to be great in general. Her post is here:

I hope you can find some light and happiness again soon. Sending good energy and big hugs your way!!! :heart:

3 Likes

I’d have to look into herbal tinctures more bc I definitely can’t make those. It sounds like a good idea. I forgot about that. Thanks! I’ll have to give it a try.

4 Likes

Christina4, just remember you are not alone. Reach out again when needed.

4 Likes

I will do! Thanks again!

1 Like

@christina4 I love to do this

I found it REALLY helps me to release all the garbage I hold inside.

3 Likes

I will do it shortly. Thank you :slight_smile::heartpulse:

2 Likes