I need to get this out

I love everyone in my spells8 family. Now that I’ve had my COVID test as of 8:30AM & I have to stay home, my surgery has gotten really, real. My anxiety is just getting higher with each couple of hours that goes by. That being said, I was trying to keep myself busy this morning, and was getting things I’ll need in my room for 24 hours after surgery before I can do anything, and I thought, I needed to really check in because I’ve been a little distant. My mental health changes and this weather change has been no good for me no matter how much I tell myself I’m doing good. I just really want this over with. I was hoping for an earlier time, but its mid-afternoon. Which isn’t so bad because Peanut starts school in the morning, but no food or drink after midnight tonight. I can have a sip of water to take my medicine.

While gathering things for my room, I realized that my surgery is on Mabon. I have decorated where my altar is & my living room. I have a Mabon tea to drink when I get home. Then, I have a silver Tibetan Buddhist Rose ring. My mom gave me that ring years ago. I had no idea what it was! Im so happy. I could be wrong but I think this means I’m making the right tough decision to end this relationship.

I promise to update when I’m home either Monday evening or no later than Tuesday morning. I’m sorry I’ve been distant, my anxiety about this decision & my surgery has taken it’s toll on me.

10 Likes

Don’t apologise! Anxiety is a €@&#$ and so many of us get it! :raised_hand:t2:
It’s so good that you’ll have your Mabon altar and decorations to come home to :heart: it will be so uplifting :heart_eyes:
We’ll be thinking of you during your surgery and keen to hear from you when you’re feeling up to it :hugs: sending lots of positive vibes and strength your way :heart:
Edit: the ring sounds beautiful - send pics when you get a chance! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Nothing to apologise! Just stay positive, try to relax and everything will turn out great!
Blessed be,

7 Likes

Candles are lit for you tonight. Wishing you well with your anxiety and wishing for wisdom to guide the doctors and your care through this.

10 Likes

No need to apologize for focusing on yourself right now. That’s as it should be. Self-care isn’t just ritual baths and tea time, it’s making sure you’re able to function during the bad times. We’ll be here for you, no worries. I’ll keep you in my prayers. Good luck!

8 Likes

Others have summed it up perfectly- no need to apologize at all, @Susurrus! You are focusing on you and your health right now- and that is what is most important! The forums will be here, eagerly awaiting your return when you are ready :heart: I hope you come back feeling refreshed, well, and with much less anxiety when the procedure is over and done with. Usually, the waiting is indeed the worst part of such things!

Sending big hugs, well wishes, and many happy Mabon thoughts your way! Take your time and be well, Krissie! Lots of love and light! :sparkling_heart::pray:

7 Likes

Focus on yourself @Susurrus, we’ll be here sending good thoughts to you :relieved::sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

good thoughts for you @Susurrus Your surgery will go well.

8 Likes

I’m home from my surgery and in bed with my arm on 2 pillows. The bandage can come off tomorrow afternoon and then I go into a splint brace for a month. I’m feeling pretty good, but I may have a nap soon. Thank you for all of your well wishes. My anxiety is still pretty up there, but I think it’s because the local is wearing off and I can start to feel things in that hand. I can’t lift anything with it right now, but that’s okay. I have many people home with me to help. I can take a shower in 3 days and I have to wrap my hand.

I’m going to start doing my guided meditations for anxiety again. Those seemed to help a little bit and I have my journal to use at home too.

I will keep you posted. Tomorrow I have to call for my follow up appointment.

11 Likes

Speedy recovery and feel better soon!
Blessed be

8 Likes

Ohh that’s such a relief that everything went well and that you are surrounded by your helpful loved ones!! :smiley:

Way to go @Susurrus!!

Also, guided meditations can actually make you recover faster after surgery. So Keep meditating!

9 Likes

Welcome home, @Susurrus! :heart: So glad to hear it went well and you have so much love and support as you begin the healing process. Wishing you all the best of luck with your recovery, follow-up appointment, and getting back into your meditation and journaling practices! :open_book::woman_in_lotus_position: Sending love and light your way- keep us updated! :pray:

6 Likes

So far the only downside is that I woke up at 3:30AM because of pain in my hand. I think I rolled over on it somehow. I’ll be staying in my room today because I made sure that I had projects and things to do in here. I hope everyone has a great day and I look forward to getting back into practicing and working on my craft. I get to take the bandages off today and then put my splint brace on for a month. I will be popping in and out today. Have a great day everyone.

8 Likes

Good to hear everything went well and you are feeling good. Speedy recovery to you

6 Likes

@Katt thank you so much

5 Likes

I’m so glad everything went ok, I hope the pain has subsided :heart: I wish you a peaceful and easy recovery :heart:

6 Likes

I hope you’re doing well today! That after-procedure boredom/lingering pain is always a pain in the you-know-what! Good planning to have things in mind to keep you occupied! You’re in my thoughts & I’m sending healing thoughts your way!

7 Likes

Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I have been keeping occupied on my laptop and yesterday i slept a lot in the afternoon and into the evening. I plan on getting some reading done today. The really tough part is that it’s my dominant hand. So without thinking I go to use it without thinking about it. Today I took my medicine before I got settled for the morning.

6 Likes

Feel better really soon!!

5 Likes

Thank you! My hand feels a lot better today. I haven’t needed the splint much today at all.

6 Likes