I need your suggestions please 🥺

Ok I somehow got poison ivy. I’m highly allergic. And it’s all over my shoulder and back. I refuse to use calamine lotion because it simply doesn’t work. I need your witchy minds to help me out with any herbal remedies!!! Please :pray::pleading_face:

11 Likes

Aveeno & I know CVS has an oatmeal bar soap or oatmeal bath to help with poison ivy & there’s an all-natural spray for it too. When my son got it at work I bought him a set that had the soap, oatmeal bath packets, & an all-natural spray for it. I will see if I can find the boxes & take a picture for you. Aveeno is really good though as far as soaps, soaks, lotions for poison ivy.

9 Likes

Oh yeah, I had the packets before. Thanks for reminding me about those! I like them a lot. Even regular oats help. Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

@christina4 hi sorry you have poison ivy. Here are a few things that may help. Used tea bags placed on the spots can stop itch. Or a bath with ground oats. Calendula will help with the irrational also. And this product is amazing for poison everything lol. You can even add it to your washer to remove the oils that cause poison ivy.

10 Likes

Oh sorry that happened to you must suck…. To be honest I would have just advised you on the exact thing… did you got to the doctor? It might be worth the ride since you are very a,regicide… I hope you find a solution :pray:

7 Likes

I will go to the doctor if it spreads to my face! That’s happened almost every time I’ve gotten it. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t get any worse!!!.

6 Likes

Thank you!!! Can you send me a little through the phone :selfie: lol :joy: but I have to get something besides oats. Just plain oats. I make a paste with it and tumeric and that helps a ton!!!

6 Likes

@christina4 lol I wish I could send it. I hope you find something that helps

7 Likes

Thanks so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

@christina4 I would try maybe some lotion made with dandelion leaf cause it can clear up skin conditions like acne, eczema etc and I make a spray with witch hazel, aloe and penny royal for mosquito bites. Piper says it helps the itch. Aside from that maybe try a paste/ bath with the oats, milk and/or honey and maybe add some baking soda to help dry out the rash :woman_shrugging:t3: I’ve never had poison ivy, oak or anything of the sort but I struggle hard with mosquito bites because they seem to love the hormones in my pregnancy blood lol

7 Likes

You can use lavender essential oil. But I would go to CVS or Wallgreens and get some Benadryl cream and take an antihistamine. However, if you start to have a life-threatening reaction give yourself an epinephrine injection if you have an Epi-Pen and call 911 immediately.

5 Likes

When hiking in the woods, never use leaves as a substitute for toilet paper. I will say no more.

6 Likes

I’m wary of suggesting anything as I’m not a medical practitioner but off the top of my head oat baths, sterile cooled water with sea salt, aloe Vera and baking soda mixed with sterile water to form a paste are all good shouts and have worked for me in the past for various reactions.

I have sensitive skin but no allergies and have never had a reaction to any of the above but that doesn’t necessarily mean the same for you.

Please be careful, if you have cracked skin anywhere I wouldn’t risk putting anything on without medical recommendation.

I hope it gets better soon! :heart:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: oh my dear Ron, I actually have this nifty little thing that allows me the freedom to not have to squat near the leaves in nature and thanks to my type a personality and ocd to always be prepared for anything I keep a roll of toilet paper in my hiking bag too! My mom told me a story once about trying to jump the line to granny’s outhouse one morning just so she didn’t miss out on breakfasts with her 13 uncle’s and aunts and having to tell my granny she wiped her butt with poison oak and ever since I make sure that tp is on the checklist for restocking my gear

5 Likes

Oh no :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I once fell asleep under a tree full of poison ivy!! I had to be 13 and I remember going to the hospital for some steroids because it was all over my face and everywhere! Like everywhere!!!

4 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions! And sorry that mosquitoes love you!!! I have a rare blood type and it seems that anything that bites loves my blood!! Ugh, I get the shivers thinking about it!

5 Likes

Benadryl is helpful! Thank you!! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Aloe!!! Yes!!! I have a plant but why couldn’t I think of that lol thanks a ton!!!

5 Likes