Idea's for spring rituals

Has anyone considered using silk flowers on your altar?
One can buy a cheap bunch of flowers at the Dollar store.
you turn the flowers back, toward the stem and arrange it so you
can put crystal gravel in it. You can also put a tiny votive cup in, or around the flowers, to light during your rituals.

Although these flowers are drab and the votive large, this is the main idea.

So many ideas with silk flowers and they don’t die, smell, or kick up my allergies.
Garnet

14 Likes

Ohh wow this is a wonderful and beautiful idea! Thanks @Garnet :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

I use silk flowers a lot because flowers die quickly for me with my black thumb. LOL! Right now I’ve got a pretty arrangement of snowdrops displayed.

9 Likes

Oooh @Amethyst I am swooning already! :blossom: :white_heart: :snowflake:

9 Likes

They look perfect with my little bitty Brigid’s cross and candle beside them!

10 Likes

Silk flowers can make very elegant arrangements and add such a burst of life and color (especially in the cold winter months when the garden is resting!) :bouquet: :blush:

I’ve used silk flowers in the past for decorations on hats and flower crowns- they make great (and long-lasting!) pieces to wear to faires :circus_tent: I don’t keep too many silk flowers around in the open though because they can be difficult to clean (although much easier than potpourri) and I’ve unfortunately got myself a nasty dust allergy :sneezing_face:

I bet a talented crafter could make some really impressive altar displays with them! Great idea- thank you for sharing it, @Garnet! :heart:

They really do look perfect- this is such a pretty display, Amethyst! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

These are True Beauty!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I looove your snowdrops!! :white_heart: :sparkles:

8 Likes

I’ve never used them on an altar but I did use them to help create my healing box!

I don’t tend to keep them around because I don’t usually like to buy them. Fresh flowers last quite a while in my house, but I also don’t buy them often either… :thinking: maybe I should start! But in order to do that I need to grab some vases first :laughing:

8 Likes

Thanks, m’dear!

Thank you! I’m glad you liked it!

7 Likes

I love fresh flowers, but so does my cat. I was thinking about getting some lily’s and tulips to decorate my spring altar, but they are toxic to cats so I can’t do that. Silk flowers are beautiful and kitty won’t eat them!

8 Likes

I love fresh flowers, but don’t buy them too often. When I do I like to dry them & use them.

I have made flowers with cardstock & my Cricut before. All kinds & sizes. Roses, Daffodils, Daisies, Peonies, mini Geraniums that are in like a little pot, Lilies & a few others. I should make some more :thinking: they were very pretty & easy to make. In my adventures today I found my floral wire & wrap.

@Amethyst that is a lovely bouquet & Brigids Cross :heart_eyes: & her little statue too is all so perfect there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It never dawned on my to buy little bouquets of silk flowers or any faux flowers & they go on sale all the time at Michael’s here!

7 Likes

Thank you! I got the flowers from Amazon, they’re supposed to be snowdrops.

7 Likes

Oooohhhh… very nice! Great job! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you!

7 Likes