Identifying a goddess

I was fairly sure I did not believe in any form of theism, I’m more of an earthy girl. But I’ve been reading the book You are a Goddess and doing courses here and thinking a lot about it. Last night I had one of those semi-lucid dreams while I was falling asleep. There was a cloaked woman in the woods . In my dream I called her to me. When she got close she lowered her hood and she had a snarling wolf face that turned to a woman’s face. I couldn’t make out the details of her face. Then, the forest turned into a study with stacks of books. That’s when I woke up. I’ve never had a dream like this. Usually I have pretty mundane dreams, especially at that state of falling asleep. If this was some sort of sign any idea which goddess she might be?

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum @ronee :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Nice to meet you!

I think there are a few possibilities when it comes to dreams like these, especially when you’re not used to them happening like that!

First, I’d say to start keeping a dream journal. If there’s a Spirit or deity out there that’s trying to communicate with you through dreams, keeping a journal of your dreams is a great way to pick up messages and patterns that you may not think of at first.

My Dream Journal Tour: Flip-Through and Tips

I’d also start with research about deities associated with wolves – and that’s a really long list! I don’t know any specific deities off the top of my head, and many also have specific cultural contexts to keep in mind, but I did find a good starting point on Wikipedia. It’s mythology and folklore surrounding wolves.

Wolves in folklore, religion and mythology - Wikipedia

Based on the dream, if it’s a message, I would say that the Spirit in the dream is giving you clues about their identity but also pushing you toward research.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @ronee! I’m Siofra_Strega another moderator here at Spells8.

I keep a dream journal :closed_book: also, I used to never remember any dreams. So when I would remember anything, I would write :fountain_pen: it down.

It really helps me & going back through them has helped after tarot readings, meditations :woman_in_lotus_position:, or even events throughout my days.

It sounds like there’s a message of some kind & if it’s not someone you necessarily recognize it may be someone, a spirit, deity, ancestor trying get your attention for a reason.

I agree @MeganB that they are conveying clues & maybe suggesting that you look into them.

Some goddeses associated with wolves are

Artemis/Diana - Goddess of the Wilderness :deer: - Artemis is the Greek Goddess & Diana is her Roman counterpart.

The Morrigan: Celtic Goddess :triquetra: is also associated with wolves.

I know you said that you have been going through the courses & The Morrigan is in the Goddess course.

I know we have a few other topics on Artemis & Diana here:

Greek/Roman Deities Master Post

10 Likes

Merry meet @ronee :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My first intuition was Hecate, it sounds like her… mysterious cloaked figure in the woods, dangerous to those who don’t understand her, protective to those who do. Also showing you that you have some studying to do, the wisdom is all there in the books :smiling_face: :books: I’m not sure if she has any association to wolves, but to dogs yes. She’s a wild goddess who walks her own path, so she might prefer to show it that way. :wolf:

10 Likes

@CelestiaMoon Totally agree. Definitely sounds like her. As for the wolves, its possible, most of the time when i see her she comes with her hellhounds, which are wolf-ish. Other times she comes she has on this amazing cloak and sitting by the fire, shes always trying to feed me, just like any mother would. Lol

I love @MeganB and @Susurrus suggestions too

8 Likes

I initially thought of Hecate but was on the fence because of wolf not dogs…

That being said:

Hecate information
Hecate History, Theology, Mythology

7 Likes

Hello @ronee welcome to the forum, first and foremost. Secondly I agree with all the information that has been shared so far. I was coming to speak on Morrigan as well but got beat to it. She is one of my Goddess and all though I love me some wolves, I am seeing more and more ravens and crows everyday.

8 Likes

Merry meet @ronee! :blush:

You’ve already got some wonderful ideas and suggestions from the coven! I can’t think of anything else to add, except to ask you- how did you feel when you encountered this deity in your dream? Did you feel scared, comforted, protected, curious?

It may not seem like much, but how you felt when you encountered it can help steer you towards the entity’s identity- whether it’s a deity, a spirit, or something else.

Wishing you all the best as you figure out the meaning of the dream! Please make yourself right at home here in the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

7 Likes

@ronee welcome to the family! Wolf is my favorite animal! Brings all protection Wisdom and strength! Lonely and brave!
Artemis is the dark and damp shudder of the forests, the twinkling of the stars, the gasping breath of the beasts who sometimes approach her to touch with their hair her robe made of light and ether and sometimes run in vain to save herself from her infallibility bow. She makes the daughters jump up from their beds and run into the night to court the Moon. The Wolf is hers!

7 Likes

@AIRAM Beautiful description of Artemis, makes me shiver :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@CelestiaMoon Artemis is one of the most important Goddesses of the Twelve!

7 Likes

Hello @ronee

I won’t add to the list of Goddesses other members have given you, because it sounds like it’s probably one of the ones listed above. But I just wanted to pop in and say, “Welcome!” since this is the first time you have posted. Please keep us updated, it’s always so interesting to learn about how Goddesses call to us! Welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

thanks for the welcome! :star_struck:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.