I'm feeling so lost

So sorry for your loss. We’ve been there…it’s like no other pain…I know it sounds cliché, but time does heal. You don’t forget the pet, but the tears do turn into smiles when remembering…the raw pain does subside with time.

I know Megan already linked the Farewell pet ritual…but there is this one you can try as well…

Many blessings & healing light to you.

10 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, everyone here has given you some great links to help with getting through it. We are here for you any time! :hugs: :heart:

7 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, Aileen. He wasn’t just a dog, not to you. He was your best friend and a part of your soul. It’s okay to cry and grieve and miss him.

You can create an altar for him. Leave him offerings and messages. You can draw him nearer. If that makes any sense. You may dream about him… They tend to visit us after they are gone.

Sending love from the West Coast. :pray:

9 Likes

He did visit me one week after I lost him , he climbed up onto my bed and walk right up to me … I cried and cradle his little head into my hands , petting him and repeating to him what I was saying to him at the vet just before he felt asleep … " It’s okay bud mama is here , it’s okay bud " … I broke down in tears when I woke up …
I want to thank everyone here for your beautiful and kind words of condolences , I really really appreciate that … and also I appreciate the rituals you all left for me , even though I don’t feel ready to let go yet …

11 Likes

Aileen, the loss of a pet/friend leaves a terrible void in one’s life.
Time will dull your pain, although right now you feel it will never end.

Broken Heart Honey

Ingredients

Fresh lemon balm leaves
Fresh lavender flowers and leaves
Fresh orange peel
Raw, local honey

Directions

• Fill a clean Mason jar halfway with fresh herbs (use equal parts of each, or adjust amounts to taste), then cover the herbs with honey, filling the rest of the jar.

• Stir well (I use a chopstick or this) and cap tightly.

• Keep the jar in a warm place and turn it over once a day for a week (or more—taste it as you go!).

• Strain and store in a glass jar.
This is a soothing recipe. Hope it helps and I will light a candle for you.
Be strong.

:warning: Moderator Edit: The recipe for Broken Heart Honey can be found via The Herbal Academy (How To Support A Broken Heart With Herbs – Herbal Academy)

8 Likes

I’m so sorry. I know it’s so painful. You were a wonderful friend to your dog and I’m glad has visited you. Maybe you can add an altar for him or something to honor him on your current one? Even if you may not feel like you’re in the space for a ritual, maybe just doing something small but meaningful like adding him to your sacred space will help process the loss as well as get you slowly back “into it”. Whatever you decide, take your time. I hope you find some peace :heart:

6 Likes

Midnight Vixxen,
You are protected by a light!!

I am so glad that you feel comfortable to talk and it’s OK I am glad that you did come out because you should not have to suffer and you should never feel alone. We are here to help you and just be a friend. I totally understand, Today I cried because I miss my mom so much! It’s apart of the process we just need to be able to pick ourselves up and move forward!

I sent you some loving energy to help ground you and protect you from lower vibrations! This can help raise your vibration! I sent you some Crystal healing and this is a quartz black tourmaline just think of it like having a quartz and the tourmaline so it makes it even more powerful!

Blessed be!
Jeannie

9 Likes

Thanks, I couldn’t remember where I found it.

5 Likes

I want to give an immense thank you to everyone for your beautiful replies and wonderful tips , whilst I am not ready to let go of my old bud yet , I have bookmarked all of your rituals for later when I feel ready , I still need time …
In the meantime , if any of you have some small rituals to help me slowly get back into the flow of wicca , please leave them bellow , it will be much appreciated <3
Again thank you so very much for your kind words of condolences <3
Blessed be :waxing_crescent_moon::full_moon::waning_crescent_moon:

11 Likes

I’ll light a candle and send you love and strength, baby girl.
th-005

8 Likes

Sending love and light to you as you heal your heart and mourn your loss, @MidnightVixxen :heart::pray:

One of the easiest and most fun ways to get back into a witchy routine is by finding the little magickal things already in your life. The increased mindfulness and awareness can help to slowly get your mind back into magick :sparkles:

Silverbear has a great video called Easy Witchy Hacks that talks about very small acts of magick you can incorporate into your daily routine :+1:

You might also find some more suggestions in this discussion about building a daily magickal practice in a way that works best for you.

Wishing you all the best- you’re in my thoughts! :heart:

8 Likes

Here is a little grounding chant.

9 Likes

I find the Thursday Group Ritual does a lot to help me focus my magic and get to feeling witchy.

I also have a cup of tea most mornings and I usually say a little chant over that while I’m making it. Like @BryWisteria said, find little things you already do daily that you can make more magical.

Chant in the shower as you wash your hair, pray over your food. Bless any medicine you have before you take it. It won’t be long and these things will be a natural part of your life!

8 Likes

The best way to get back into magick is meditation…focus. Don’t be afraid to think of your friend, he’s still with you as long as you remember him.

7 Likes

What an absolutely beautiful chant.
Brightest Blessings-
Thank you.

6 Likes

I am loving this chant alot @SilverBear it is really motivating, real strong words.

7 Likes

Great choices!!! Clear Quartz is the Master Healer!!

7 Likes

Thank you Christina!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Could you send me some healing energy? Since I did the shadow work, I feel so empty, like I’m grieving.

6 Likes

Absolutely, @Garnet! :heart: So sorry to hear that you are feeling down- Shadow work can be absolutely brutal. I am sending you an abundance of love and light, and as per your request I’ve added you to the Energy Exchange Circle. Big hugs and so much positive energy coming your way from your Infinite Roots Coven! :pray::candle: :hugs:

6 Likes